Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

101 - 125 of 1,135 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Ran X

Jul 1, 2017

The course rationalizes what we might feel to be intuitive about managing decision and motivation. It also offers practical and specific advice on overcoming common pitfalls in making decision and motivating people to implement the decision.

By Ali R

Aug 4, 2016

5 Stars. The professor did an excellent job. Drove the points home with relevant readings and lectures that were concise and made references to examples that enhanced the topics. I hope every other class turns out this smooth and efficient.

By Hangtang T

Jan 31, 2021

I love this class. It really opened my horizon. I met great people, and I enjoyed working with them. The only thing I feel not cool is that I should start enrolling earlier. I strongly recommend you to take this course as soon as possible.

By Rahat I A

Apr 20, 2020

Content ant concepts of the course are very much similar to the daily life challenges faced at a work place. Really a helpful course to deal with the situations appear in an organization by applying the knowledge gained through the course.

By Mahara a A

Dec 16, 2019

Am loving this course. Short and sweet. Well explained and to the point, making it easier for employed and extremely busy individuals like me to read and understand easily and in short span of time. Thank you very much for this inititaive.

By Dahlia R

Jul 10, 2020

This was a great course,, very informative and interesting. I have learnt the different scenarios to be an effective leader and the importance of inclusiveness. Persons interested in leadership, this is a course you will find interested.

By Christophe F

Apr 19, 2020

Excellent course to learn the essentials and critical notions for everyday leadership! The case studies are really interesting and fun to put in practice what has been taught in the lectures and the elements of the extra reading material.

By Salma G E

Jul 21, 2020

i really enjoyed the course especially the case case study activities and putting us in similair situations , the practical quizs makes me improve my understanding .. and i think it is helpful not just in work but in life situations too

By Carol W

Jun 8, 2018

I learned a great deal about how to be a good leader and helped to make a company successful by using good decision-making, avoiding process loss, and making sure employees are allowed to participate in group decision-making. Thank you.

By Riccardo d G

May 14, 2020

This course provided me with fundamental feedback about ideas I had the chance to develop autonomously through the years, explanations about issues I had been facing and, mainly, a greater perception of who a leader should be nowadays.

By Olusolade B H

Aug 23, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. Thank you for the opportunity. I have really learned a lot that I am ready to put to great use in organizational context and even in my daily life. I look forward to starting the next stage of this course.

By OJEWALE A O F

Dec 28, 2020

The courses are unique and useful for anyone who desires to be a successful leader. I now have a better understanding of working with people and groups without experiencing process loss or being biased when taking or making decisions.

By Daniel D B

The course is very well structured, the teachers do it in a very clear, professional and precise way. The information available is very supportive for learning. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to be in the Program.

By Rosane L d R

May 8, 2017

The course is very well structured and it brings a very well formulated and grounded content. The tasks have been intellingently formulated and ensure the courses absorption. I like it very much. It will help me a lot day by day.

By DR.GOPINATH T A

Aug 28, 2020

Foundation of everyday leadership is one of the very interesting, emerging, interactive, program. this has helped me to understand the depth and basic of leadership qualities. Thank u to all the Professors of the university .

By Nilesh P

Sep 21, 2020

It was very good course explaining the important actions and points in everyday leadership. It explained the Head and The Heart of Leadership. Important things in leadership and decision making like inclusiveness, Diversity.

By Jessica L

Jun 20, 2020

Succinct videos that are easy to follow along with. I enjoy being able to pause and rewind where I would have fallen behind and missed critical notes in person. I also enjoyed the professor's personality and teaching style.

By ES G

Nov 6, 2020

This is a great course by the University of Illinois. It provides learners who have up and coming responsibilities as leaders to learn about important concepts and skills through engaging videos, and relevant case studies.

By Michelle J

Oct 17, 2017

Learned a lot from this course, highly recommend all the leadership classes, University of Illinois has quality, disruptive education and could compete with any Ivy League school. It stands out by democratizing education!

By Kara B

This course is very informative about leadership and the problems that may arise and how to overcome them. It was very well presented and very interesting. Great case studies that tied the lesson into real world problems.

By Lokman A

Jul 15, 2017

I like it very much, Professor Northcraft's techniques of teaching, and the Courses' materials are vital tools to learn, and how to utilize those tools in order to be a successful Manager and Leader in your institution!

By Iris S

Oct 11, 2016

This course was a great start to Foundations of Everyday Leadership. I actually learned tangible examples and techniques. The assignments and quizzes were great and I can't wait to keep learning in the courses to come!

By Sarah M

Jun 13, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Completely manageable while still working full time. In just a few hours per week I was able to actually learn and appreciate new concepts and tools for leadership. Great job Illinois.

By Noureldin B

Sep 25, 2019

I admit that this was one of my most exciting and helpful courses ever specially with the very simple language used by the respectful professor .

Thanks for this tremendous experience wishing you all the best of luck.

By Vladimir H

Jun 4, 2019

Awesome course. I learned a lot about being an effective leader and how to use some of the tools to help a leader in the decision making process. Overall enjoyed the course and the content was very well put together.