Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

151 - 175 of 1,145 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Eulalio P

Aug 30, 2020

A good online course for especially for handling people. You will learn the importance of diversity, motivation (use of rewards), and influencing people to come up with high quality decision.

By SHAISHAV S

Aug 28, 2020

Superb Content. I have been managerial role for last decade and have done a number of workshops on motivation. The motivation through the prism of Laws of Effects and Expectancy was just great

By Pranjul K

Sep 8, 2020

It was a wonderfull cource,full of activities and casestudies which makes it more interesting.Also, loved the peer to peer evaluation concept.The content was easy to understand and implement.

By Anugruh S

Oct 1, 2020

the thing i liked the most is that if you fail in an attempt for the assignment, you get a whole new set of questions. Which makes sure that you know the concept and then only you can pass.

By Robert K

Feb 21, 2020

Great, insightful content, well-structured and very accessible to beginners. I highly recommend this course as a starting point for everyone new and interested in understanding leadership.

By Vasantha K K K

Jul 19, 2020

It is a fantastic course who wish to be a leader. I learnt a lot about decision making, implementation and managing people in an organization. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity.

By Mohammed A G

Apr 12, 2020

It glad I went on to take this course offered by COURSERA. The professors of the course were so open in sharing their experience and the concept of leadership is well explained in this.

By Thomas E

Nov 7, 2016

Professor is engaging, concise and his points and presentations keep my attention. Truly appreciate the challenge of not seeing faces but being engaging via a screen. Really well done.

By Aimeallah A

Aug 13, 2018

i like all the new information which i got from this course really it worth my time and my effort .

a big thanks to the employees and the ones who are doing this Course

By Paras J

Nov 17, 2016

Wonderful course

Helped me on the job. If you are part of a team, learnings from this course can be immediately applied to have a successful team. Especially helpful for a team leader

By Gandharva S

it is a properly structured course that involves everything in a perfect manner.Even if you have experience in leadership there will be something extra that this course has to offer

By Messias U

Nov 10, 2017

This is a revision based on my experience of week 1. Exceptional. Leadership has metrics that must be met or fail the responsibility if the metrics are not met. Great to learn that.

By Kristine L

Jan 24, 2021

I'm very grateful for this course because I have learned a lot about the basics of being a leader in an organization. It met my expectations and really motivated me to learn more.

By Prabha B

Jul 13, 2020

The lessons are interesting and course taught me what is necessary for a leader in the current world. Very much appreciate the course contents and explanation given by Instructor.

By Diana B

Mar 4, 2021

Awesome. I love this course. It is rich in content, and challenging in assignments but so useful in practical life experience!. I'll recommend others to join this class for sure!

By Angelayi k y

Jul 16, 2020

As basic fundamental to learn the leadership , and it was great to gain and share experience from other colleagues from around the world . nice to learn and having a lot fun

By Akshay K

Amazing Course by ILLINOIS University gained lots of knowledge and skills . Its also the great initiative of coursera to provide such a great courses with such amazing teachers

By Mateo C

Excelente curso, los profesores de la Universidad de Illinois son extremadamente capaces e informados. Te enseñan de una manera tan practica y fácil que se siente que estas ahi.

By Nikos L

May 16, 2020

A great introduction to the leadership concepts. Very good for beginners and not only if you want to have valuable reference for making decisions, handling groups and much more.

By Naimul K

Jul 11, 2019

I am pleased to learn conceptual terms of leadership and I feel I can implement the learnt concepts in my workplace to foster my everyday decision making and excel in my career.

By LaVella B

Aug 5, 2020

i found the material user friendly. the instructor was knowledgeable and concise. the delivery was on point which enabled me to learn and apply the material to my work life.

By Arvind G R

May 21, 2018

Very well organized course and the case studies helped understand the concepts discussed in the modules. A big thanks to Prof. Northcraft for making it a wonderful experience.

By Tuhin S

Aug 23, 2020

Great course. Highly informative if you want to mould yourself into an effective leader. I am already applying some of the principles learnt in this course on my current job.

By Liesel W

May 23, 2020

Loved this course absolutely brilliant. Really enjoyed how it worked on Leadership and connecting with teams and how to get the best out of people, motivation, diversity etc.

By qudrat b

May 9, 2020

I loved the course, especially the written notes. It becomes handy to read if you could not complete the video in one go. The written material also works as a quick refresher