Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR

Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ

Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

201 - 225 of 1,349 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Monica P

Jan 14, 2020

I truly enjoyed the content and Professor's Northcraft videos and explanations of the concepts was very easy to follow. I can't wait to continue with the remaining courses!

By Kira

Dec 1, 2019

The class was great. I learned a ton, the information and modules were laid out in a logical manner. The classwork was just the right amount. I highly recommend this class.

By Peter K

Apr 27, 2018

I think the most useful content I've ever seen. Even If you are a beginner or an experienced leader you will find interesting things during the course.

Highly recommended!

By IRFAN F

Jun 29, 2021

Im very interesting to Study at this Course, and im Complete to get my first Coursera Certificate from this Course, Thanks to Coursera and I GIES give me the best Course.

By Rahul S

Sep 6, 2020

I have learned so many things from this course, how the leadership work, how to manage the team, how to make the decisions. i have gained best knowledge from this course.

By Carmen T

Feb 8, 2020

This is an amazing course; so nicely taught and concepts simplified. The case studies are great at reinforcing the theoretical concepts. I have enjoyed this course a lot!

By Lawrence A

Sep 12, 2019

I have really enjoyed this course especially the sections on motivation and leading in a group environment. The concepts are very easily applicable in every day work life

By Eduardo L

May 13, 2018

I appreciate the way the course is shown. I am a busy person and i need easy ways to obtain information, to share information, and this course achieve all my requeriments

By B M K (

May 30, 2021

My first course in coursera , it was so exciting and interesting too. I would recommend students interested in leadership can take up this course without any hesitation.

By Leola S K

Jan 24, 2020

What a fantastic way to learn as a full-time employed single mom. I found the course to be well structured, insightful and practical. Looking forward to the next course!

By Holly C

Apr 22, 2020

Engaging and educational. Brief but interesting stories really helped reinforce the concepts. Thank you for the instruction and things I can use everyday in leadership.

By Himanshu G

Feb 9, 2020

This course equipped me with structural underpinnings to think about decisions I make every day- as an individual, or as a leader of a group, or as a member of a group.

By Shaswathaa G

Oct 22, 2019

Coursera gave me the right platform to understand the concepts deeply rather than just learning . Through coursera one could learn and understand the concepts clearly .

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Christopher C

Sep 16, 2020

That as leader you need to involve people before you can take a decision ,always engage you team to be part of the things you are doing or want them to do or implement

By SONIA S

May 7, 2020

Course covered all the aspects, Detail oriented,systematic flow of thoughts with much clarity.Thanks to the Faculty team for developing such content. Great experience!

By Andrea V

Apr 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I have learned so much from it ! I only hope that soon I will have the opportunity to implement this knowledge to my working position.

By Ishan M

Fundamental yet Exceptional insights into everyday leadership. The assignments are so perfectly intertwined to bring out the learning into action. Highly recommended.

By NAND K J

Apr 29, 2020

Excellent entire session and all module are crisp and detailed kept on curiosity of learner and answering the questions giving the complete concept and understanding

By babak f

May 4, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, and could easily relate to a lot of the issues discussed. The material is well explained and the supplemental readings are very helpful.

By Aladdin A

Aug 15, 2021

I really enjoyed and learned a lot from this course, it is cleverly constructed to engage learners and make them remember all essential concepts that is introduced.

By Chao M

Mar 3, 2021

I love this course and this way of learning and completing the course. This way of learning is simple to do but no less instructive. I would recommend it to others.

By Bernard C

Dec 7, 2020

Foundations of Everyday Leadership is a good introduction to Strategic Leadership. I am pleased and excited to continue learning to improve my leadership qualities.

By Rohan K

Feb 8, 2020

Wonderful course which provides with a completely different perspective on leadership that's not easily known to technologists like myself. I highly recommend it!

By Raju R S

Apr 25, 2021

The First course out of the seven was really good in theoratical overview and understanding of concepts and how people react for decision making and motivation.