Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

276 - 300 of 1,255 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Emezube O

Feb 24, 2020

It was a very insightful program, It was very helpful especially learning how to make decision as a team.The timing was also flexible.

By Amelie D

Jun 19, 2018

This was a very good course on Leadership foundations. I particularly enjoyed the group decision making process and how to best manag

By Brian C

Jun 12, 2017

Excellent course for learning, or reminding, yourself what is the fundamental job of leaders and how to be more effective as a leader

By Bamidele J

Dec 24, 2018

Am short of works.. This is Course is very educative. I will recommend it for all Leaders that want to get the best from their group

By Prasana R

Oct 7, 2018

Excellent. Loved and learned all the topics discussed in this course. I could relate to many experiences at work from this course !

By Lawrence L

Feb 6, 2016

Awesome instructor with an in-depth leadership delivery. Learned a lot with skills that are applicable to daily professional life.

By Mohammed K A N

Mar 7, 2021

The course made me confident, I was able to use the skills I learned from the course from the 3rd week I am happy that I found it.

By Ganesh S

Oct 27, 2020

The course is well presented by extremely knowledgable and qualified professors, who have adapted technology to share the content.

By Anokwaah k M

Aug 28, 2020

The Course Instructors have a unique way of making learning what they teach really practical. I enjoyed every bit of the Lectures.

By Bharath

May 9, 2020

Really a great structured course, a very insightful course, which pushes you to learn the concept by all mean. The perfect Course.

By Hanah N

Oct 3, 2019

Great course! The course program is exactly the theory I need for more understanding and responsibility in the future career path.

By TERENCE W

May 7, 2017

Gives me a breakdown on aspects of effective leadership, and how each action engages the members to think for the group's benefit.

By Maia P A

Sep 29, 2020

English is not my first language but I still got to understand everything pretty well, the professor explains himself really good

By Komsan S

Dec 26, 2020

I have learned how to be a successful leader. I think it is very important to have a strategy and tactic to perform as a leader.

By Rashed A

Dec 23, 2020

It is truly an eye opening course for all levels. It might obvious concepts, yet they are very interesting and effective ones.

By Aref M R

Sep 2, 2020

I truly and honestly enjoyed learning the materials in this course, listening to lectures and getting involved in discussions.

By Kshatriya A K S

Aug 24, 2020

Great Course . This is well structured with best Case study for better understanding. Appreciate it. its the wonderful course.

By Megan M

Dec 22, 2017

Really great course - I have already used the information learned in the course in real life examples. Excited to continue on.

By Turia H

Jul 8, 2020

Great course! One thing I love the most from this course is we can share and discuss about each other's opinion and thoughts.

By Tina

Mar 7, 2018

Very helpful and enlightened me quite a lot, much convinced that I shall benefit in my future career by learning this course.

By Cristina M

Jul 22, 2018

I will like to say a big thank you to the professor, he is brilliant great teacher with very good explanation and examples .

By Noel C

Dec 14, 2017

This was a very practical course for leadership motivations. I have learned much about how to motivate and influence others.

By Hamna A

Jul 10, 2020

Good way to learn, amazing online resources suggested by professors who made virtual classes very interesting and engaging.

By Rayssa K

Nov 18, 2018

Very good and useful introduction to leadership. I do recommend, specially for technical people starting a business career.

By Ali A

Oct 8, 2018

Great course, I have learned many new skills. Especially, how to make the effect on other when you want to make a decision.