Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

KS

Mar 29, 2019

The course provided an excellent foundation for the way a leader (rather than a manager) can leverage their knowledge to build a better team. It is an excellent primer for the following courses.

AM

Jul 18, 2019

Very useful content, excellent teachers and well thought teaching methods. I couldn't recommend more for those tackling the problem of making a group help leaders decide and implement decisions.

451 - 475 of 476 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Robert W

Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the way the course was run and the functionality of the website. There is a little room to make the course more challenging.

By Jacques P P

Aug 03, 2019

Good content and different case study approach that was more interactive than other courses.

By Maryam N

Sep 06, 2019

Great, informative course

By Mohamed A I

Sep 08, 2019

The course is considered very useful to help you understand the needs of a leader and how to think as a leader, how t create a group, and how to take decisions

By Umang N

Sep 12, 2019

this. course focus is learn from other person perspective. common things which we tend to forget while doing our job

By Shams U R

Sep 11, 2019

i learn a lot,

By Sankhavra K

Oct 07, 2019

Excellent!

By Rukwaro S M

Oct 23, 2019

It is very good and an eye opener in my style of leadership

By Eric M L E

Mar 08, 2019

Mostly touchy-feely patronizing academic content w/ an over-reliance on group work.

By Rebecca R

Apr 03, 2019

Simplistic in it's format and presentation. Too much reliance on peer grading of very short writing pieces. Did not feel particularly professional.

By MANYA K

Jun 28, 2018

Great course! Tons to learn about the art of leadership!

By Ricardo J O

Jan 20, 2016

Unfortunetly I can only give a 3/5. There were more things that I didn't like and think that should be improved.

What I liked: Positive to see Illinois keep presenting specializations on Coursera. The material was ok, with clean presentation style. The case studies is a very positive resource to have in the course to think critically.

What I didn't like: The course is excessivelly short, with only 30-40 minutes of videos per module. Previous courses in both specialization - digital marketing and improving videos have at least 1.5 to 3 hours of video materials. A huge gap. Also if I benchmark against the top specializations from Wharton and U. Michigan (Business Foundations, Business Analytics, Leading People and Teams and Finance: Valuation and Investing) all of them pack a 1.5 to 3 hours of video lectures. There is a huge gap. Also I didn't found the quizzes challeging. In a digital world content is king - both in quality and quantity. You have quality, but are missing the quantity. Unfortunetly I see a trend - the other course of the managerial economics specialization also is very short. A minor thing that I also didn't like was the form that the slides were presented. As in previous specializations - in my opinion all of the module slides should be in the readings section in only one document, instead of divided in small pieces per video lecture.

I hope that yu accept my critic as constructive because I have liked most of Illinois courses and was very impressed by the quality and extensive set of videos in the Improving Business speciaization.

By Gautam R

Feb 09, 2016

Please unlock solutions in advance of peer reviews so we can grade peer reviews correctly.

By Byron K

Feb 24, 2016

Prof is a bit dry and need a new wardrobe.

By S N A G R

Dec 01, 2017

Content of the week 4 could be more example oriented and would be better if it has been elaborated more.

By Hilary B

May 31, 2016

Good organization and lecture format, but stressfully strict rubrics on the assignments given the peer review structure.

By Kin H P

Oct 16, 2018

Good

By Neha R N

Aug 19, 2019

This course help me understand the basic of leadership, it has a very simplifies structure and logical approach to everyday leadership. It also helps get the dynamics in a team and the importance of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.

By Elise K S

Dec 21, 2018

I'm reviewing this course with two stars because it needs updating. I found that the writing prompt questions were interesting, but then the grading rubrics were not at all in line with the question being asked, therefore, I'd need to go back and write a new answer, despite answering the original question!

By CR

Jun 14, 2017

It is impossible to write about the course topics in 125 words, or less, and still have any richness. I wanted more of a challenge...more essays, more multiple choice questions, more feedback. The interaction of testing and grading is what helps one learn. I feel this is missing.

By JR

May 31, 2019

I didn't get much from the introductory video. Unlike many other courses where the very first video propels you to want to see the rest of the lectures, there was nothing to motivate me to want to go any further in this course.

By Kyle B

May 08, 2019

The professor has some interesting little points, but overall I found it to be a pretty boring and elementary course.

The most annoying part is the assignments which not only push you out to an external website, but require you to either coordinate with others using the forum or with outside people. Based on the structure, it would take about 20 times longer to FIND some to do the assignment with than it takes to actually DO the assignment. This aspect completely defeats the purpose of doing an online class.