Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB
Oct 12, 2017

This is a must to do course for parents to be, parents and teachers. We need to build physically and mentally strong kids in future for this we need to adapt to these simple steps as per this course.

226 - 250 of 662 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Nicole G

Jun 2, 2020

Absolutely one of the best courses that i have taken to date. I have learned so much and feel like a better parent with all of the new knowledge.

By macarena G - H A

Sep 5, 2020

Excelente curso! Contenidos muy bien abordados, claros y concisos, sin dudas me ha sido una herramienta de valor incalculable para mi profesión.

By Astrid M

Jul 27, 2020

I've had very positive experiences after implementing the methods at home. I strongly recommend this course to every single parent or caregiver.

By VIDOS-SOLOMOGKA T

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Alan KAZDIN is excellent and the field of knowledge as well as his ability to pass it is admirable.

By Faith I

Jun 3, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course. I learnt so many useful skills. The lectures were engaging and brilliantly delivered. Kudos, Dr. Alan!

By Pame

I truly recommend this course it’s completely different from others and you will see a systematic way to develop behaviors in such a good ways

By CONSTANZA O A

Aug 23, 2020

The course was really useful, it set new goals and guidelines for my family and I’m truly thankful for the dedication you put in making it.

By Tonny R

Sep 23, 2018

Really helpful and powerful course. Found the modules priceless and couldn't leave the computer till i was done with all. Highly recommend.

By Samar S E

Sep 17, 2017

This course is a treasure , It's easy and fruitful at the same time . I recommend it to all parents or anyone that interested in this field

By Lolita V

Nov 2, 2020

This is very enlightening and will help in our daily struggles as parents. We all want to be the best for our children. Thank you so much!

By Bernard D V

Nov 6, 2019

A great course about child-rearing. The teacher is great and the explanations provided are clear. A course that I recommend for any parent

By hannah h

Nov 6, 2018

A must study for first parents, but also necessary for any parents to continuously improve their parenting knowledge and skills. Thank you

By Julie M P

Jul 22, 2020

This course is very well executed, I love everything that I have learned. I have been able to effectively utilize this course in my home.

By Dima A K

Mar 4, 2018

Very helpful techniques discussed in this course that allowed me to change my parenting way. I loved how easy the flow of the course goes

By Susana G

Great content, based on scientific research, simple concepts one can apply every day with minimal effort and hopefully maximum outcomes.

By Rocio M M

Thanks so much. One of the most useful and meaninful things ive study online. Congratulations to Alan...what an incredíble proffesional!

By Jason H

Sep 20, 2018

Well presented course for those who need some extra tips and guidance to help shape and change behavior in your kids. A big thumbs up!

By Paulina A

Sep 17, 2020

I really appreciated the structured and clear instruction. I could replay videos, read the transcript, and utilize provided diagrams.

By Mercedes D J T Q

May 9, 2020

Excellent!! Doctor Alan is an excellent profesional and an excellent instructor, thanks to him and thanks a lot to Coursera and Yale.

By Qiujie S

Sep 13, 2017

I'm glad that I found this course when my child is only 11 months old. Now I believe I can prevent most of the problems and use ABS m

By Naseem A

Apr 1, 2020

Amazing experience I had.. Looking forward for more courses like this.. It will be great if there is course on Learning Disability

By Karen M

Dec 9, 2019

While the pace was slow, the content was excellent and easy to follow. I recommend this course for parents of children of any age.

By Yuqin08

Feb 6, 2018

the tools in the course are very helpful! the 2nd part of the course is more suitable for bigger kids, which is older than 1 year.

By Holly A

Aug 19, 2018

Its a terrific course based on thorough research and years of study. It works and it the best parenting method I have ever used.

By Judith E

Jun 9, 2020

Very Informative. The examples are steps given can be easily followed. I have already started to create a

point system program.