Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB
Oct 12, 2017

This is a must to do course for parents to be, parents and teachers. We need to build physically and mentally strong kids in future for this we need to adapt to these simple steps as per this course.

226 - 250 of 806 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Vikas p B

Oct 10, 2019

Excellent and a must for every parent, who take theri parenting seriously. Would also recommend KG teachers to take this as it may tools which can help in teaching young kids.

By Kristina Y

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you very much for this amazing course! Now I know how to communicate effectively with my son and hoe to make him happy! It was very informative and easy to hearing you.

By JOSEFA S C

May 4, 2020

Excelente curso! Las técnicas que se enseñan son claras y simples de aplicar. La metodología ayuda a que uno recuerde los aspectos importantes de cada video.

Muchas gracias!

By khaled E

Jan 8, 2018

Thank you for this interesting course as a father i am gaining experiences & skills, i hope you will give other courses regarding parenting and family healthy realationships

By Mary G K

I recommend this course not only to the parents but also to all the teachers like me. The techniques and tools that was tackled are really effective. Thank you, Dr. Kazdin.

By Brigitte S N

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you so much Professor Kazdin and Yale University for offering this great course online. It was the best of my Covid-19 quarantine time.

Regards from Patagonia Chile

By Lara M B

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo completamente! Se aprende muchísimo. El Dr. Kazdin es muy claro y concreto en sus explicaciones. Los casos interactivos resultan muy útiles

By moidu p

Aug 22, 2020

Wonderful course.

I don't know how to express my gratitude to Mr. Kain for his amazing tutorials and stunning patterning of the course materials.

Thank you very much.. Sir

By Sophia W

Mar 12, 2018

I was really just trying to get some tips here and there to see what I can apply to my kid. Wow This course blows my mind. Thank you for sharing such useful information.

By Gulnur M

Nov 15, 2020

Hi, Thanks of this course! It was one of the best course which I had. I like the american system of parenting. Like, stay calm, listen to your child, do not bite kids.

By DIVINE G D

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you so much Sir and to the Yale University fir giving us so much in formation that would help us teachers and parents to understand and appreciate children more.

By Eduard M

Apr 6, 2018

A wonderful pit of ideas and methods, something for everyone. The presentation of the learning material is in a very pleasant way. A great thank you for this course!

By Raquel R C

Apr 25, 2020

It provides really useful tools to change behavior in children. The content is given in a very engaging way and the evaluations help reinforce what has been learned.

By Jian Y

Feb 10, 2021

I have paid $49 for my certificate through PayPal. I didn’t even get my receipt, nor certificate. I have rated the class and teacher. It just keep asking my rating.

By Felicia A

Jan 14, 2021

Thank you so much professor for this opportunity.

I have been able to understand more about child behavioral attitude and technicality of effecting better treatment.

By Greidy L

the course has been excellent, the content is very complete and very well explained with many examples and stories that can help you in different ways. thank you.

By Waki I

Oct 14, 2018

Fantastic course!

Such a great teacher, and really likable person, too!

I can strongly recommend this course for every parent & caregiver; there’s soo much insight.

By Laura D

Nov 22, 2020

Lots of great information in here. Some things seem very simple but they are things that I have never thought of before. Definitely glad that I took this course!

By Aylin V E

Jun 21, 2020

He aprendido muchas técnicas que me ayudaran como madre y profesional de la salud mental. El contenido de los vídeos y lectura han sido más que clara y precisas.

By Susan W

May 8, 2020

Thank you Dr. K for this lesson in living. The ABC's will live with me. I only wish I had a course like this when I was rearing a young family in the early 80's!

By Maria E H V

Jun 7, 2020

It' s an excellent course. It's give me additional tools to work with the students and give counseling to parents. Also to understand better students behaviors.

By Arturo O O

Nov 3, 2019

Gran curso para conocer técnicas que nos permitan construir comportamientos en nuestros hijos y jóvenes. sencillo no requieres conocimientos previos del tema.

By Divya A

May 27, 2019

Amazing course, I learnt a lot of new techniques to develop a certain behavior and to change certain behavior in the child. A must for every parent. Thank you

By Youlanda H

Mar 2, 2019

A mind-blowing experience. It was a joy to know that there are tested and proven alternatives to spanking and other punishments. Thank you to Yale University.