Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

176 - 200 of 589 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Sophia W

Mar 13, 2018

I was really just trying to get some tips here and there to see what I can apply to my kid. Wow This course blows my mind. Thank you for sharing such useful information.

By DIVINE G D

Jul 07, 2020

Thank you so much Sir and to the Yale University fir giving us so much in formation that would help us teachers and parents to understand and appreciate children more.

By Eduard M

Apr 06, 2018

A wonderful pit of ideas and methods, something for everyone. The presentation of the learning material is in a very pleasant way. A great thank you for this course!

By Raquel R C

Apr 25, 2020

It provides really useful tools to change behavior in children. The content is given in a very engaging way and the evaluations help reinforce what has been learned.

By Greidy L

the course has been excellent, the content is very complete and very well explained with many examples and stories that can help you in different ways. thank you.

By Waki I

Oct 15, 2018

Fantastic course!

Such a great teacher, and really likable person, too!

I can strongly recommend this course for every parent & caregiver; there’s soo much insight.

By Aylin V E

He aprendido muchas técnicas que me ayudaran como madre y profesional de la salud mental. El contenido de los vídeos y lectura han sido más que clara y precisas.

By Susan W

May 08, 2020

Thank you Dr. K for this lesson in living. The ABC's will live with me. I only wish I had a course like this when I was rearing a young family in the early 80's!

By Maria E H V

Jun 08, 2020

It' s an excellent course. It's give me additional tools to work with the students and give counseling to parents. Also to understand better students behaviors.

By Arturo O O

Nov 03, 2019

Gran curso para conocer técnicas que nos permitan construir comportamientos en nuestros hijos y jóvenes. sencillo no requieres conocimientos previos del tema.

By Divya A

May 27, 2019

Amazing course, I learnt a lot of new techniques to develop a certain behavior and to change certain behavior in the child. A must for every parent. Thank you

By Youlanda H

Mar 03, 2019

A mind-blowing experience. It was a joy to know that there are tested and proven alternatives to spanking and other punishments. Thank you to Yale University.

By Inter F

May 06, 2018

Un curso muy valioso para mejorar las interacciones con los hij@s y por ende la situacion a nivel del sistema familiar, logrando así un ambiente de armonía.

By gizem

Sep 11, 2017

This course is really helpful for me. It is easy to follow and understand. I am working in mental health area, I will definitely use the knowledge I gained.

By rohinisivapooja

a wonderful course i learnt in this lockdown period of covid 19

which is very for me to raise my 4 yr daughter and to run my preschool business

By Trisha L

Jan 30, 2018

i almost quit this course because my family said it would never help me since my child has autism.... they were wrong and im glad i finished the course

By Lelde Ķ

Dec 10, 2017

I loved it. Now I understed more. Im more patience. I know how to deal easy with every day steps, and that i can help and do so much for my kid. Thank you

By Marcos E T

Muy bueno, aprendí mucho conceptos nuevos y es una gran herramienta tanto para padres como para profesional que trabajan con niños, niñas y adolescentes

By Andrea a p

Jul 23, 2019

muy buen curso, muestra casos de estudio y ayuda a comprender la mente de los niños y como lograr en ellos comportamientos deseados y buenos para ellos.

By Vilma E P Q

Aug 06, 2020

Excellent course! All the cases, practices and details are applicable and most important...work! My parenting is better and looking forward to improve.

By Jeanelle S B

Jun 09, 2020

The lessons are very substantial to beginning parents and educators. This course exceeded my expectations and corrected misconceptions about parenting.

By Roy S A

Sep 08, 2020

This course has proved to be very useful for me. It taught me various behavior change techniques and added a lot to my knowledge for good parenting.

By Jenny F

4 thumbs up for the professor. The lectures are very engaging and give real useful advice on how to deal with children in every day life. Thank you.

By Ajith P

Sep 01, 2020

Absolutely essential techniques for effective parenting! The course explains in detail the tools and techniques used to achieve parenting goals...

By Prasuba s

Aug 16, 2020

This course is very helpful and able to know about children's attitudes and how to help them in their problems in behavior to overcome. Thank you.