Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SJ
Nov 5, 2020

Thank you for the engaging and educational course! I gained really great knowledge that I will definitely use in my work with children and with my children at home. The course leader is fantastic! :)

276 - 300 of 702 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Elisabeth V

Jul 19, 2020

Fantastic course! The parenting techniques were not only backed by scientific research but also explained very clearly.

By Socrates K

May 9, 2020

Wonderful overall! So much knowledge and techniques in so little time! Such a wonderful professor! BRAVO to all of you!

By Nik Y

Dec 5, 2019

Great course! Helps make parenting much easier! Highly recommend to at least complete the first 2 weeks of the syllabus

By MariaJose B

Jun 16, 2019

great course!!! I feel this kind of courses help us to improve our lives! I am already using all the techniques learned

By Fred

Sep 18, 2018

I'm ashamed that I didn't know of all of these techniques, I have four kids and three grandkids. Great course, Thanks!

By Rica E

Dec 26, 2017

Very grounded and approachable course. The parenting tools and techniques are practical and can be applied right away.

By Goh W K

Oct 5, 2020

Good for parents, educators, child minders or to just to better understand some simple child and parenting psychology.

By Teacher D

Highly engaging professor! Simple and clear with many examples. Lots of optional extra reading and links. Recommended!

By JOSE A A S

Apr 10, 2020

A great course to understand the principal items about parenting, with a right choice of theory-practice combination.

By María o m

Sep 10, 2019

Great course! it shows that the teacher is an expert in the subject and transmits his knowledge in a very friendly way

By Onyinye, A

May 15, 2020

It's was a very educative and interesting course. I learnt the ABCs of parenting and will practice it at home. Thanks

By Oussama S

Nov 12, 2018

The course was very useful and I greatly appreciate the effort that the teacher have put into this course. Thank you!

By Mei S

Dec 21, 2017

I think the course is also suitable for teachers. I hope to use it to build better rapport with my students for 2018.

By Pan X

Dec 30, 2019

the skills and techniques introduced are really really practical. i've applied many of them on my boy. it's working!

By lenora

Aug 19, 2017

This is an excellent course presented in a laid back manner. Very practical. I recommended it to several families.

By Jiajia z

Aug 29, 2020

Those lessons are very useful for a two boy's mom. There are so many techniques we can learn and try with our kids.

By Ruqayyah A F

May 15, 2020

This is a very enlightening course. So glad I applied for it. Thank you air for the wonderful and detailed lectures

By Kim N

Dec 24, 2019

This course is great! Exactly what parents needed! Very useful tools and practics for changing children’s behavior!

By Wei L

Jan 16, 2019

The course contents are quite well-structured. The techniques taught in the course are very practical and specific.

By Susan B

Dec 22, 2020

I loved this course and learned so much. It is so simple but fascinating and I will use what I learned frequently.

By Abigail d S

Oct 31, 2020

Amazing course !!! Very easy to understand. You learn a whole lot in a fun way and in a short space of time! 10/10

By Jaslyn L

Jul 24, 2020

A very useful course! Recommend for anyone who wants to learn more about parenting and understand child behavior.

By Rosa B C A

May 8, 2020

I just love it. So easy to understand and so helpful!

Thank you very much for sharing this valuable content.

Belem

By Daina V

Dec 12, 2020

Thank you for your work! I really enjoyed it and I hope that I will remember these all good advices! Thank you!

By Dr. T P

Nov 29, 2020

The discussions were brief and concise, right on point. Suggestions were practical and doable. Excellent course.