Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

376 - 400 of 728 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Adeel A

Dec 2, 2019

Great source of information and a lot of learning experience for the parents and teachers.

By Despina K

Dec 15, 2020

Very useful information. Awesome presentation. Would definitely recommend this to others.

By Beth P

Oct 25, 2020

A fabulous course. Essential for parents, grandparents, teachers, and leaders everywhere.

By Maria d P P D S d N

Jul 11, 2020

Muy buen material. Extremadamente útil.

Muchas gracias por compartir tantos conocimientos.

By NUTAKKI S

This is really helpful in everyday life basis to handle children and teach well behaviour

By Tiffany W

I learned a lot in this course. Things I've learned here will last a lifetime! Thank you!

By Jonathan F

Sep 9, 2018

Helpful, useful, practical. Began applying techniques and saw positive results. Grateful!

By Bronagh

Feb 22, 2018

Such a fantastic and insightful course with an amazing lecturer! I loved this! Thank you!

By Telissa W

Dec 7, 2020

it was a great experience doing this course. great incite of knowledge gained. i love it

By MOST.RUMANA A

Oct 15, 2020

Its a very very helpful course for parents whose are trying their best to good parenting

By Andrea R M C

Sep 18, 2020

This course helped me to see that scientifically based, assertive parenting is possible.

By Maria N

Oct 18, 2019

Great teacher, very useful information for both parents and mental health professionals.

By IOANNA V

Jan 29, 2021

Everything was usefull for me in my daily life with my three kids !!!!

thank so much !!!

By Παπαγεωργίου Α

Dec 26, 2020

Very interesting lesson... I am sure that all these informations help me.. Thanks a lot

By Ana M I

Sep 8, 2020

A very good course that helps to have techniques to work with children and adolescents.

By Latifadaher@gmail.com L

Jan 1, 2021

Amazing course that I recommend. Very practical tools & great knowledgeable instructor

By Manuela G C

Sep 12, 2020

Amazing course, you would really learn a lot of things and it'll make your life easier

By Ekaterina I

Aug 4, 2020

great tools and practical information on how to raise a kid with behavioural problems.

By Rita S

Apr 1, 2019

Excellent everyday parenting strategies to build strong bond between child and parent.

By Tendai T

Aug 31, 2018

In my humble view this is the best PARENTING TOOL COURSE out there. Well worth taking.

By Viviane R M

Aug 28, 2018

Gostei muito do curso. Atendeu as minhas expectativas. Plataforma simples e intuitiva.

By Carla H

Feb 11, 2021

I love how this course was presented. It is easy to understand and keeps you engaged.

By Daiane S C E

Dec 8, 2020

This course taught me easy techniques to apply and I had positive results in my home.

By Ros M A

Aug 12, 2020

I learn a lot of things from this course as a parent and also as a teacher. Thank you

By Vishal K

Jul 25, 2020

An excellent course for every parent to know your child exactly . Thank you Mr. Alan