Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

376 - 400 of 801 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Marcus S

Mar 27, 2018

What a wonderful course you've created for parents ... and for free. Everyone should take it. Thank you!

By Asma S

Apr 24, 2021

Very informative and beneficial with regards to parenting and instilling positive behavior in children.

By Deepa k

Apr 5, 2021

I would love to attend more courses on parenting by Alan khazdin..do let me know if any related courses

By Sara I D C

Excelente, es de mucho aprendizaje que permite conocer de manera clara y practica diferentes técnicas.

By Akiko R

Mar 1, 2020

This course was very useful and practical. I learned a lot about how to deal with my child's behavior.

By Raghavi J

Mar 6, 2019

this course has changed my outlook of parenting. thank you the entire course team for excellent work.

By lucky m

Jul 12, 2021

I got hooked on this course program and has greatly taught me a lot facing challenges with much ease

By Марина Р

Nov 26, 2020

It was great! I've completely changed my attitude to child's rearing. Thanks to all the course team!

By Karen C O

Excelente curso para padres.

He aprendido muchas técnicas que me servirán para criar mejor a mi hijo.

By Theodora M

Feb 13, 2021

I have learned so much! I wish I could join many others courses from Yale about Everyday Parenting!

By Bilyana R

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent course! Very useful information for parents, teachers and anyone who works with children.

By Kevin

Jul 13, 2019

It is an outstanding course. Every parent or every person who deals with children schould take iit.

By Stefany R

Feb 3, 2018

I am really happy that I found this course, it was very informative and Dr. Alan Kazdin is amazing.

By Saloua A

Jul 16, 2021

I am looking forward to apply that I learned in this course in both personal and professional life

By Ranjith K P

This course is well structured and addresses all possible day to day problems of raising children.

By CHUA H X M

extremely useful and insightful:) thank you for the clear presentation, useful tips and resources!

By Miroslava G

Apr 11, 2019

Wonderful and very very helpful. Thank you very much. Every parent could benefit from this course.

By jala s

Mar 9, 2018

Lectures are very interesting and easy to understand. very helpful information about child rearing

By Alexander Y

Jul 4, 2021

e​xcellent! Great explanations and detailed instructions about the how and why of each strategy.

By Dima E

Apr 18, 2021

Great course, super engaging instructor and easy to comprehend and implement tips and activities.

By Julia V F D M

Jan 4, 2021

great course! As a Psychology student and also a fan on CBT, this course is absolutely amazing!!!

By ANA M L C

Aug 18, 2020

Un curso excelente, si practicamos lo que aprendemos sin duda tendremos éxito con nuestros hijos.

By César L T P

Jan 4, 2020

Great and very relevant information, eassy explanations, interestings readings, wonderful course.

By Manikanta K

Oct 26, 2018

Highly Recommended to the Parents with easily implemented techniques to bring the change behavior