Back to The Evolving Universe

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Evolving Universe by Caltech

This is an introductory astronomy survey class that covers our understanding of the physical universe and its major constituents, including planetary systems, stars, galaxies, black holes, quasars, larger structures, and the universe as a whole....

MV

Mar 30, 2019

To try to compress the universe in only a few lessons is incredibly hard so we can only say this is an introductory course. I hope other courses are developed to explore this subject more deeply.

JH

Jul 16, 2017

Wonderful course! A brief introduction to cosmology but with plenty of material to cover. I recommend researching for papers additionally to the material, but you'll need more time than 4 weeks.

51 - 75 of 154 Reviews for The Evolving Universe

By Mauro B M

Jan 16, 2019

Videos are taken from classes in the university and sometimes not really clear.

I have found few questions in the Quiz whose subject has not been covered in class.

The professor, during the class, too often asks questions to the audience and that does not give any benefit to the student here.

I honestly regret having applied to this course.

By Christopher C

Oct 03, 2020

Without a doubt, what makes this course great is the instructor. He has a talent that most professional scientists do not, he can explain concepts in no nonsense, simple terms but still cover the key details. Similar to how someone like Feynman could do. In addition, I find his somewhat dry, sarcastic sense of humor very funny.

Regarding content, it seems like it's more of a basic astrophysics class than a vanilla astronomy class....i was a little surprised about the absence of coverage about the planets of our solar system . But, on the the flip side, the course does try to hit on all the basic physical concepts underlying the universe....from the big band onward!!!!

By Prema M

Aug 03, 2020

Professor Djorgovski was amazing and this course was very well presented . Though I came to the course from a Biology and medical background, the presentation was done in a fashion that has generated a great amount of interest in this field and I plan to pursue more courses in this field.

By Rhituja B

Jul 12, 2020

Excellent course! Got to learn a lot. It became a little difficult to grasp by the end but by studying again and reading the previous material I was able to understand the concept better and better. The professor is amazing. It was an overall wonderful course. Proud to have completed it.

By Azajul I N

This course finally mitigated my immense interest about Universe. I really liked the content and evaluative process of this course. Thanks to Caltech for this amazing astronomy course.

By Rooh - u - M A

Jul 15, 2020

An outstandingly thorough tour of the evolution of the universe ! Specifically for space enthusiasts, a single course can cover so much aspects of the universe ! Incredible !

By Vamsi K

Jan 21, 2016

The course is easy to understand and has simple tests that test your knowledge once in a while. It helped me gain lots of information. Hope this helps you! :)

By ARJUN G

Sep 01, 2020

Awesome course! All necessary informations about the universe are there. Actualy it is the same syllabus as first year syllabus of Caltech in Astrophysics.

By Atharva D Z

It was amazing course specially who have just ground level of knowledge, this course is best suits that kind of person. The professor has taught very well.

By Tracy M

Oct 11, 2020

It was great learning in this course I really enjoyed the lectures and quizzes. Astronomy is very interesting to learn. And the instructor was great.

By Shagil C

Mar 01, 2017

This is a very brilliant course and was taught in a very good manner. I really learned a lot and look forward to enroll in more courses

By JEFFERSON B R D S

Mar 15, 2019

Gostei bastante do curso. Tive um pouco de dificuldade em não ser falante fluente de Inglês, porém pude aproveitar bem as matérias.

By Ulises M

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course from CALTECH, please continue doing this courses.

Thank you so much for share the knowledge.

By Humberto C C

Jul 19, 2016

Clear explanations of everything you need to know about the Universe, really enjoyable and graphic. I love it

By RASHMI S

Sep 26, 2020

Very much appropriate course lengthwise and study material for new student to learn astrophysics basics.

By Héctor L R

May 07, 2020

Extraordinary level, extraordinary professor! Thank you so much for all that you have taught to me!

By Harshul G

May 09, 2020

One of the best courses for astronomy lovers. It gives you knowledge in exciting and easy manner

By Luis A B M L

Aug 01, 2020

Very good course, the content needs some updates, since things have evolved a lot since then...

By Jeffrey G P

Aug 17, 2017

This was a very good course and I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in astronomy.

By Dr. T V R

Dec 19, 2015

A fine course and a necessary preliminary for the following course by the same good professor.

By Krupesh P

Nov 28, 2015

It's been a great tool for learning and exploring. Perfect for my curiosity for this subject.

By Daniel A v

Jun 19, 2020

Aprendi muchisimo con este curso, realmente es muy enriquecedor y bastante interactivo.

By Debabrata R

Jul 17, 2020

LOVE THE SYSTEM . THE ARE SURE PERFECT FOR UNDERSTANDING ,, THANKS TO THE TEACHER .

By Ariel S

Sep 25, 2015

Awesome course. Covers a lot key information in understanding our universe.

By Haris K

Oct 28, 2015

Amazing presented and documented, change my view of universe and life....