Back to The Evolving Universe

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Evolving Universe by Caltech

This is an introductory astronomy survey class that covers our understanding of the physical universe and its major constituents, including planetary systems, stars, galaxies, black holes, quasars, larger structures, and the universe as a whole....

MV

Mar 30, 2019

To try to compress the universe in only a few lessons is incredibly hard so we can only say this is an introductory course. I hope other courses are developed to explore this subject more deeply.

JH

Jul 16, 2017

Wonderful course! A brief introduction to cosmology but with plenty of material to cover. I recommend researching for papers additionally to the material, but you'll need more time than 4 weeks.

76 - 100 of 101 Reviews for The Evolving Universe

By Abdi M S

Jul 27, 2019

This is really an exciting course I chose. It's not easy. Sometimes, I felt and thought blank when I listen to the lectures as I knew nothing and had no idea about what was being explained.

However, by studying again and again, repeating myself on the previous materials, I could finally grasped some new ideas provided by this bright Professor.

I am so proud to be able to complete this course. I will keep all the lectures and will read them again to make sure I keep this knowledge in my memory long enough.

By Jack L

Jul 31, 2019

Amazing introductory course to astronomy. LOVE IT!

By Nitin J

Jul 29, 2019

I really loved the course!

The explanation was clear, and I loved the way professor added information between the texts! A must take course for every astronomy aspirant!

By Abhirami R S

Aug 04, 2019

i really really love it... its highly inspirational!!!!!!

By Shahid Z

May 08, 2019

Excellent course and highly recommended.

Feb 16, 2019

good course. good content

speed it up to 1.5 - 2 x speed

By Eugene F

May 29, 2016

In general it's fine, but I'd like to see more questions with calculations, such tasks help better understand the topic

By Brian R

Dec 10, 2015

good course

By Jose A V B

Aug 17, 2015

Great Content! Very recommendable.

By vestron

Oct 14, 2015

You know what, it's not that complex.... it was never that complex...... humans are missing something very basic, elemental, kinda stupid thing I guess. Humans need another stupid.

By Tsambikos P

Oct 27, 2015

Very nice!! Thank you!!

By John P

Jun 19, 2016

This is the third or fourth time I've reviewed this course but it still keeps asking me to

By Roger N P

May 29, 2016

covers a lot of ground in short time

By Colleen M

Mar 17, 2017

I found this course very interesting.

By marc r

Jul 11, 2016

I have really appreciated this course.

By Roberto D

Apr 26, 2016

Great course, contents are very accurate and comprehensive, explained in a simple manner.

By Jack K

Sep 27, 2015

Course with deep notions. Prononciation can be difficult to understand.

By Mauro B M

Jan 16, 2019

Videos are taken from classes in the university and sometimes not really clear.

I have found few questions in the Quiz whose subject has not been covered in class.

The professor, during the class, too often asks questions to the audience and that does not give any benefit to the student here.

I honestly regret having applied to this course.

By Justin C

Aug 11, 2015

the teacher is boring. other then that its an ok class. need to explain things more.

By Perdikogianni V

Jun 13, 2017

Very useful and interesting course. It gives scientific answers to a lot of questions. The only drawback is that it does not offer a certificate and I believe that this is very important because it is the only one that gives this type of information about the universe.

By satyam t

Feb 20, 2016

require more efforts!

By Pablo P

Mar 23, 2017

Awesome course! Intensive learning. I recommend a few studies of astronomy before take it.

There are some issues with the feedback of others proffesors

By Brice B

Sep 11, 2017

So much handwaving! An introductory course for student who already know what the course is about... Yes, it's wrong.

By Rich I

Mar 15, 2019

Too difficult for the non-science minded.

By Sherouk B S

Jul 09, 2016

It's useless and lacking enthusiasm.