Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

VJ
Nov 10, 2020

With this course you learn how to use Excel in your daily life. I recommend it to everyone that starts using excel and the ones that want to become better in understanding how it works and be quicker.

251 - 275 of 8,284 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Prateek M

Jul 26, 2020

It's recommended to take this course and fill in the gaps you may have in Excel as it is mostly self-taught worldwide. Explore the vast set of functionalities it has and practice to perfect those skills you will surely use someday or the other in the Business world. All the concepts were clearly taught by these professors and I was motivated to learn all at once.

By Jennifer P

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent course! I do know how to use excel, nevertheless I followed the advise of starting from the Essential module. There are some nice add on's (shortcuts) that I wasn't aware of. The curse is easy to follow and provides excellent examples and workbooks. Nicky and Prashan are excellent tutors. Congratulations. Looking forward for the following modules.

By Abhinav K

Aug 23, 2019

Truly excellent course. The explanation of even the smallest details, alternate functions for different commands and keyboard shortcuts have really made navigation through the sheets and working on excel very easy. The thoughtful assessments where we were required to work alongside rather than answer questions based on our memory assisted in mastering the skills.

By Joe H

Apr 5, 2020

Overall a great course! There is a little disconnect within the final two chapters if you have an older Excel program. Mine as a 2007 version was missing some info from the 2016 formats being displayed. This is somewhat forewarned prior to lessons. Nonetheless, a fun and interactive course that surprisingly made me feel comfortable and proficient in no time!

By Raul A T Á

Jul 28, 2020

Was a great course, before i started the course, i think that i know the basic skills in excel, but no, you can learn more than you think in this course, very interesting and interactive.

Fue un gran curso, antes de empezar, yo pensaba que ya sabia lo básico de Excel, pero no, puedes aprender más de lo que tú piensas en este curso, muy interesante e interactivo.

By Georgii I

May 14, 2020

Great course, which is very well-organized. While at first I expected it to be useful, but not too interesting, it turned out to be very attractive to me. It definitely helped me to enhance mu Excel skills and now I'm feeling way more confident with this program. Idea with several small videos and quizzes every week works great. Thank you, Macquarie University!

By Ashish Y

Jul 17, 2020

This is a wonderful course. I got to learn so many important points, tools and tricks from this course. With this learning, I am sure that I can perform well in my professional career. I would like to thank you Prashan Sir and Nicky ma'am for your guidance. And thanks to Coursera, for providing me this knowledgable course.

Ashish Yadav

INDIA

(17/07/2020)

By Nikola Š

Jun 23, 2020

Amazing course! Very comprehensive, easy to understand and you get to learn the most used functions of Excel just in this course alone. For the average office worker or student this would be enough. I also appreciate the amount of practice tests and materials provided, the course prepares you thoroughly for each assesment. I highly recommend doing this course!

By Sagar D

The course is very essential for anyone who wants to analyse and record his business data. It teaches everything from basic to advance, from beginner to expertise. The course material is very good and the online classes are very effectively designed, which help you to learn with ease. and last but not the least Practice makes it permanent. Thanks to coursera.

By Jessenia D M

Apr 10, 2018

This is my first time taking any course with Coursera and I absolutely love it! I love the videos and practice quizzes that you can take over and over. The only thing that throws me off a little bit is I'm using Excel 2010 and I think the course uses 2016 which can be a little more challenging. But other than that, I love it. I'm excited to continue learning!

By Jared B

Sep 30, 2020

This was such a great course, and very fun to take. I finished in about 4 days because the lessons were very hands-on and engaging. Dr. Prashan and Dr. Nicky were such a joy to watch and are super friendly, I want to meet them! I feel so much more confident on Excel basics. Don't skip this course because you think you are too good to re-learn the essentials.

By Priyangaa A

Aug 8, 2020

I am very happy with this course. Although I am fairly good at excel, I still learnt a lot of new functions and terminologies formally. Most students learned Excel by playing around so I was not aware of many additional functions. This course has shown me the full extent of essential excel uses. Can't wait to do the intermediate level of this specialization.

By Srihari A

Aug 4, 2020

The course was properly broken down into different sections. The course instructors were great, both in-video ones and the ones constantly helping out in the discussion forum. Looking forward to learn more in the remaining 3 courses. This course has definitely made me want to learn more about Excel and I definitely will. Great job by the people at Macquarie.

By Mohammad M C

Jun 3, 2020

A very insightful course. It was very systematic. Thanks to the brilliant instructors I am able to learn the core concepts of Microsoft Excel and also something that I can work with in my day to day life. I really loved how they created a fictional character "Sean" that co-relates with us. I looking forward to other courses in this Specialization. Thank You.

By Frances W

Jul 30, 2020

The first few weeks are truly excellent, and I learnt so much. The teaching is crystal clear throughout, the course aims are set out well and I've learnt to love 'everyone say wow'. The only problem is that the second half of the course on formatting, graphs and printing feels very slow, which can be frustrating. A brilliant course though, highly recommend.

By Shourov D

Jul 17, 2020

It was an excellent experience with two great mentor Prashant and Nicki. They expressed it in such a way that everything feels comfortable and enjoyable. The last exam was boring though; it was too long... Whatever. Thanks to Coursera, Commonwealth Canada for giving the chance to enroll in free... and MACQUARIE University for creating such excellent course.

By Federico C

Aug 1, 2020

Excelent course! Not only with solid essentials for developing your Excel skills, but also gives full functional usage within business data providing excercises, feedback and ninja tips for being more efficient when using this tool.

I definitely recommend this course to beginner and intermediate users who want to reinforce, deepen or practice with Excel.

By Sana F

Jul 29, 2020

I am grateful and consider myself lucky that i got the opportunity to learn on coursera. Excel is the most essential skill one should know in today's time and learning it from nicky was the best part as she is an extremely intelligent teacher and the way she teach is just awesome, i will look forward to complete the specialization and be an expert in excel

By DANIAL

Aug 9, 2019

The course was really amazing for the beginners to start with in excel. All basic functions and features of excel is explained and taught in this basic course. Activities and challenge assignments polish more skills in excel. Really happy for taking this course. Special thanks to Sir Prashan, Maam Nikki and Dr Yvonne Breyer for making this valuable course.

By HARSHANG S

Sep 10, 2020

I felt that I was very well acquainted with Excel but even the Excel Skills for Business Essentials has taught me many tactics that I was not knowing and was not even aware. Also the course instructors are too good in their delivery, they made quite easy to understand the things with their conversations. Thanks Coursera..!! Thanks to Macquarie University.

By Ashwin R P

This is a wonderful course for any beginner who wants to explore excel, as well as for those who like me have had prior experience but did not get a formal training in the most basic tools and were thus not confident about their skills. This course has laid a solid foundation for my next endeavor: The Intermediate courses. Thank you Macquarie University.

By Shreyaan R

Apr 29, 2020

The entire course is very well laid out in a meaningful and understandable manner. The break up of the video lectures efficiently compartmentalizes various skills and concepts to maximize simplicity. Overall gives plenty of room to practice and understand by applying skills learnt. I had a lot of fun throughout this course and look forward to continuing!

By Anuj K

Oct 5, 2019

I took this course to enhance my Excel skills further. I thought I was already quite competent and the Essentials course may not be a major value add. But I was wrong! There are so many neat tips and tricks that have been shared in this course. The practice exercises and the assessments are top notch. Look forward to completing the entire specialization!

By William K

Jul 3, 2018

This is a great course for someone just starting out that wants practical Excel skills. If you know a bit of self taught Excel (like me) it is a good way to level-set before going forward with formal Excel learning. I knew much of what was taught so was able to finish the course quickly, but there was some great content that I was not 100% aware existed.

By Olesia A

Apr 23, 2018

This is the specialization you want to take to learn EXCEL from A to Z because it is gives you everything you need to master it. The professors explain how spreadsheets are organized so that it is easy to understand how to utilize everything that Excel offers to its users. What is more, they also show how Excel runs on different platforms, including Mac.