Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

VJ
Nov 10, 2020

With this course you learn how to use Excel in your daily life. I recommend it to everyone that starts using excel and the ones that want to become better in understanding how it works and be quicker.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

351 - 375 of 8,313 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By S S

Mar 27, 2019

The course has been very well outlined and presented. I really enjoyed doing this course and flexibility of timings and doing it at my convenient phase. I will strongly recommend the course to my friends and is a platform for learning & enhancing the skills on various topics. Looking forward to continue my learning jour

By Vivek A

Dec 25, 2019

This course structured for anyone who wants to know basic functionalities of Excel. The pedagogy was also designed to keep the student motivated by solving practical examples and to reinforce what was being taught. Overall, a perfectly designed course. Highly recommended for anyone who needs a basic knowledge of Excel!

By Linda R

Aug 8, 2018

There was something here for everyone. It wasn't just for beginners. Even though I already had some knowledge in Excel, I gained a lot of tips and tricks I never learned before. The teachers explained good reasons for knowing certain skills and gave real examples on how to use the new skills. It was well worth taking.

By Patricia I C

Aug 8, 2020

I've been using Excel for years but I learned about a number of tools I never bothered to use before because I didn't know how. Even if this is a basic course, it is all-encapsulating and insightful. This course is highly recommended for those who want to lay a solid foundation for learning more advanced Excel skills.

By Heather T

Sep 13, 2018

This course does a great job of introducing Excel. The pace is good for first-timers with clear instructions, and is still a nice review for those who just need to brush up their basic Excel skills. It will not get in to some of the very technical nitty-gritty of what Excel is capable of, but is a good start/review.

By Bethany W

Jun 17, 2018

Very informative! I started an internship and had very little exposure to excel. By the time I was done with this course I was making spreadsheets with no problem at all! I was even starting to manipulate and analyze the data independently! And to think this is only course 1? Wow!!!! My managers were very impressed :)

By Yashonandan M

Apr 30, 2020

Very informative course and made extremely straightforward with the guided excel files and the end of the week challenge. One of the best courses if you want to learn the basic functionality of excel or even acquire some "ninja tips" to provide you with much needed shortcuts, helpful even for proficient excel users!

By James S

Sep 9, 2020

Great course! Thank you.

Useful, easy to follow (and flexible) sequence of video and practice quiz. Easy to review if necessary.

Engaging and professional presenters. Professional videos.

TOUGH exam. A real challenge at the end. I didn't plan to take the next level course but now I am motivated thanks to this course.

By Amar K

Jun 26, 2020

the course was awesome. It was really engaging, if you don't believe it then let me tell you that I finished the course in 4 days.

I thank all the instructors from the bottom of my heart. thank you very much for making this course this much interesting. I am proud to say that I am your student.

thank you very much!

By Dike J C

Nov 24, 2020

It has been a great learning experience for me. The course instructors are so wonderful and detailed in explaining the course. The Weekly challenge were also very helpful.

I have previously enrolled for a for this same course in the past but the experience is not the same when compared to this one.

I am very please.

By Gloria A O

Oct 17, 2020

Excelent

I though I knew Excel basics, but I learnt many tips and details that I had no idea, I'm using it already in my daily work, I'm impressed with the quality of the course. I'm grateful to the Sao Paulo University (USP) that provided the opportunity to take this course and many others for my career progress.

By Hugo S

Sep 11, 2020

I had an absolutely great experience taking this course. The instructers are Fun, Understandable, and Well Organized. Throughout the course, they gave step by step instructions that where simple to follow for every excel noob to grasp! Definitely going to take the other courses offered by these wonderful teachers!

By Justyna W

Sep 10, 2020

Good for reviewing and reinforcing basic Excel skills. Also perfect for someone who doesn't have previous experience with this software. All the explanations were clear, the practical videos entertaining and the assessments were challenging and helped me to convert the knowledge into real skills. 100% recommended.

By PULKIT G

Aug 30, 2020

Great Course! Practice makes Permanent, it's right. We think we know how to use excel and think it's easy. But through this course, I learned a lot more about and how amazing things we can do with it. Assignments are amazing, it makes you practice questions on excel rather than just providing theory and questions.

By Luis F C

Apr 27, 2020

The content is very well created, organized and accurate; I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues. I learned some ways on my own in this "Excel world", but after this course, despite it was the essentials one, I learned so many new tricks and ways to do better what I thought I had mastered before.

By Param R

Jul 17, 2018

Very good for beginners. Informative and they really guide you through everything they teach, but they need to add a little more to address the differences between windows and mac. I had to repeat one of the tests 3 times because they use windows while teaching and I use mac. Otherwise a must have for excel users.

By Chirag P

Jul 10, 2020

Informative, precise, crisp! The workbooks are the most effective way to practice, and after completing the lectures of whole week you can implement it comprehensively in the weekly challenge section. I am looking forward to master the paramount skills of Excel by attending all the courses in this specialization.

By Alex K

Jun 24, 2020

Amazing course! I took this program to maintain my already obtained knowledge after I pursued excel specialist certification from microsoft. I am gonna be taking Excel expert certification from microsoft and using this specialization to kinda stay in the Excel theme and gain more knowledge. thank you to teachers.

By Samir S S

May 7, 2020

This is by far one of the best excel courses I have come across. Lots of practice materials, really well designed course to have a good brush up of skills. Instructors should take a bow for creating great quality journey for the students. Really recommended and looking forward to doing the next one in the series.

By Tanvir M

May 3, 2020

The contents and the exams are surprisingly organized. I am thankful to the course instructors whose friendly and supportive approach made me learn such an essential skills of excel. Looking forward to the Intermediate courses of this series. I hope to find the same instructors in the next courses, if not better.

By VALENTINO T M

Nov 7, 2020

Thank you to the Instructors for a very good learning modules , hands on type assessments. To Coursera learning flat form, its perfect I'd never encountered any problem from start to finish of the course. To DOST -Caraga, I really appreciate your efforts.

By ryan m

Jun 12, 2019

This was my first course using coursera and I was pleasantly surprised how great and easy it is to use. I enjoyed being able to watch a video and work alongside the instructor. Once you feel comfortable with the topic at hand, you can complete the exercise and quiz for each section. It was a great learning tool!

By Ricardo R A

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent couse. Eventhough I had previous skills for Excel (which I considered as Intermediate level), this course taught me several new tools which I had never used before and which will be definitely handy at my workplace. In a few words, I highly recommend to take the course even for non-starters students.

By Faisal K

Apr 12, 2020

this course help to learn a student that how can he or she manage or work on its excel primarily.those who don't know anything (or have a little knowledge) about excel or heard the first time they can give a try. through this course, definitely anyone will learn about excel to use in most regular numeric work.

By Chintan M

Apr 2, 2020

This is an extremely well build course. I am super happy to share my experience. I would love to thank the professors who have taught every basic element of excel. The course is very well designed right from the first session. Looking forward to complete the specialization. A big Thank You to Coursera as well!