Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

PD

Jun 11, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

351 - 375 of 7,727 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Chintan M

Apr 02, 2020

This is an extremely well build course. I am super happy to share my experience. I would love to thank the professors who have taught every basic element of excel. The course is very well designed right from the first session. Looking forward to complete the specialization. A big Thank You to Coursera as well!

By Mohamad E A K

Mar 04, 2020

It was fun, I have learned so much about things I have never thought I would learn. it was a bit boring but with practicing what makes permanent. Now I can do my own excel and add all the information that I want to learn.. I am looking forward to finishing level 2 of this Excel and master it. Thank you again.

By Iain S

Apr 15, 2019

After working with Excel for over half a decade, I was pretty sure I had covered the basics, and then I studied this course and found a bunch of features I'd never used or known about! A great primer for anyone working with Excel, especially self-taught users like myself who may have missed some of the basics.

By Lorenzo S d M

Sep 24, 2020

The Essentials course was excellent, it covered every part of excel that's necessary for the business and professional market. The didactic was amazing, the lessons were very interesting and the practice exercises truly covered what was taught during the lessons. I'm very excited for the Intermediate course!

By Sylvain P

Jun 07, 2020

Good well built course, i was working with excel 2 years before but just want to make sure i didn't forget my skills as i was mostly self educated in excel. This curse was exactly what i need and the explanations are not too long so you have time to digest it. I think i'm good for a more advanced course now.

By Manish S

Aug 24, 2020

It’s a very helpful course for learners to improve on basic excel skills which help to work with excel at an optimal rate.

Course content and structure are very much enjoyable and excellent. Course teachers deliver the lectures in an efficient manner to help learn the concepts in a very short period to time.

By Nidup D

Jul 25, 2020

It was a fantastic course. The course structure, practice quiz and assignments were designed perfectly and did enjoy every bit of the work progress. Learning myriad uses of Excel has been absolutely overwhelming and just waiting to apply in the real world just like Prashan said, "practice makes permanent".

By Siddharth B

Kudos to the staff of Macquarie University who taught this course. Practicing on the workbooks alongside the videos really helped me to master the contents in this course. I gained a lot of skills which should help me in the future. Eagerly looking forward to the next course in this specialization series.

By Adarsh S

Apr 14, 2020

This course is definitely one of the most well planned course. The way things are taught and how the doubts are clarified from the first session is amazing. The quiz helped me to remember the basics and the challenges helped me to move further and rectify my mistakes. Kudos to the effort put in the course.

By Emmanuel A

Oct 13, 2020

This course helped me revisit the essential primary functions of Excel and also taught me how to use Excel tools which I have no knowledge prior to the lessons. The pacing of each lesson is easy to follow and is engaging enough that I have no difficulty finishing the requirements even before the deadline.

By Sushil A

Aug 10, 2020

A great course for beginners in MS Excel. I had been using excel for a long time and I thought I knew a lot, but this course showed there's much more to what I knew. It's a well-structred course and I enjoyed the content. The language is very simple for all to understand and the tests are tricky at times.

By Mosta A

Jul 22, 2020

Really I'm so much happy to spend every single second with this amazing course.

In the first, I thought that I know so much about Excel, but this first course mentioned all that I knew and more really. Thank you for this amazing course and I'm looking forward to finishing the whole specialization soon. ❤❤

By Francesco P S

Aug 18, 2019

Very good foundational course. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced user, however it was very good practice to review all this material and look forward to the next course. Furthermore, it is important to say that the lecturers are very clear throughout the module, very easy to understand.

By Francisco A L J

Aug 25, 2020

Es un curso de excel básico, lo considero bastante completo para reforzar y recordar conocimientos. Muy ágil, entretenido y práctico. Muy recomendable.

It is a basic excel course, I consider it quite complete to reinforce and remember knowledge. Very agile, entertaining and practical. Highly recommended

By Umi F

Jul 12, 2020

It was a very exciting and crucial course for those who are using Excel on a daily basis. I had learned Excel while working, however, it was without a proper basic foundation. This course has helped me walk through it effectively. I am so grateful that I have completed this course during this pandemic.

By Arslan H

Aug 29, 2018

t

h

I

s

I

s

a great experience with courser to complete my certificate. I'm so glad at the moment and looking forward to get more certificate to enhance my knowledge and practical skill to help my real life.

once again thanks to all my teachers who prepare all the videos slides and test.

Regards,

Arslan Hameed

By Sarah N R

Oct 05, 2020

This is a great course for anyone who wants to sharpen their Excel skills! It's easy to follow along, the instructors are very good at explaining things, and it really explains the important essentials of Excel. Very pleased I was able to complete this course and become more confident with the basics!

By RESHMA G

Feb 06, 2019

Extremely useful! especially for those who are self-taught. I thought I knew even the most basic of thigs, but boy was I wrong. Now that I have competed the course, I can see that I waste less time and have higher quality spreadsheets.

The format of the course is very well done and keeps you engaged.

By PAMELA A D L C C

Sep 08, 2020

Estoy muy contenta de participar en el curso, pues ha sido un curso muy detallado y dinámico con los ejemplos llevados a cabo. ¡Recomiendo este curso a todos! Es un curso que te enseña desde 0, es decir, si no sabes ¡Puedes aprender perfectamente y de acuerdo al tiempo que dispongas! Muchas gracias.

By Mariana P

Sep 05, 2020

Hi everybody, I want to thank you for this course. I've tried a couple of different Excel courses before but this one was the one that really worked for me. Great structure, concise explanation, a lot of practice exercises. It is worth all your time and more!!! Thank you, again! See you in Part 2!

By Bhaskar D

Jul 15, 2020

Seven Star for this course: Very informative and practical, covering most of the well used tools apt for making any basic Excel user in command of the software. Very Effective. Keep making such impact driven online courses. Look forward to Excel-Intermediate-I, Excel-Intermediate-II, Excel-Advanced.

By Rajender C

Jun 19, 2020

it was exciting to go through this course and gained knowledge is very useful. Advice, go from Essentials course through Advanced course in this specialization in sequential order. There are many things to learn in each course no matter what your previous knowledge is. This course was really great.

By Mahtab U S

Apr 22, 2020

It was an awesome experience. Now, I can operate excel way better than before. Many basic elements that make our excel work much faster, I have learned from here. Thank you, mentors. The topic of videos and the quiz question was so effective to evaluate self. I am really glad to part of this course.

By Michael S

Jan 04, 2020

I am surprised at how well this course is laid out! Even though I am self taught and thought that the Essentials course was unnecessary for me, I see now how wrong I was. I have learned so much. The quizzes and practice assignments are well done. I wish I would have taken these classes 10 years ago.

By Olivia S

Sep 27, 2019

Very, very helpful! I thought I was fairly proficient with Excel before this course. However, I wasn't using most tools to their full potential. I was amazed during every lessons at the tricks that I did not know. This class is easy to understand, easy to follow, and provides practical practice.