Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

VJ
Nov 10, 2020

With this course you learn how to use Excel in your daily life. I recommend it to everyone that starts using excel and the ones that want to become better in understanding how it works and be quicker.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

401 - 425 of 8,252 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Rujul B

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent Course. Provide detailed insights about the basic functions across the Excel. The assignments and practice working challenge will make you clear about basic concepts and practice quiz has been arranged to make more efficient. If you are looking forward to learn the basic excel, this is it.

By Ozair I K

Sep 1, 2020

This course has been amazing and full of learning for me personally as it has given me idea regarding functions, formulas, page layout, filter and sort and using charts and how to create tables and sheets in Excel. Overall, it has been amazing experience of working and learning new tricks in Excel.

By Liam P

Jul 15, 2020

I've tried out a few different Excel courses on different platforms (Udemy, LinkedIn Learning) and none has even come close to the quality of this course! The pacing is perfect, and all of the hands-on practice makes you actually develop and retain skills in Excel. 10/10 would recommend this course

By Aryan R

Jul 10, 2020

The Excel Skills for Beginners:Essentials has been a boon for me as a beginner. Although I had some prior experience with excel, this course helped me consolidate my previous skills I had with excel and helped me add new skills to my repertoire too! Would heartily recommend this course to everyone.

By Erika F M

May 29, 2019

It was a very informative course. And I enjoyed the challenges. I now understand how effective excel in daily life. I am up to more challenges, and I'll jump into the next level of the course and aim to finish it. The goal is to learn and use the knowledge at work so I can be an efficient employee.

By Shubham S G

Sep 21, 2020

Very Interesting Course, and tbh The instructors were quite helpful and it was fun. Not at all boring

The quiz, assessment were very interesting. I polished my skills more here

Additionally you will get to learn Aussie accents of different words ;)

if you are a new to excel you will learn a TONNN!!

By Seyed S B H

Aug 30, 2020

I have tried some excel courses, none of them were as clear and concise as this one. I strongly recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn Excel in proper order with beneficial tests and examples. It is crystal clear that there were thousands of thoughts and expertise behind this course.

By subah p

Mar 31, 2020

The course is so planned that it is easy to understand and the pace is great for someone who is working or studying and has a tight schedule as the practice videos are for 5 to 6 minutes and practice test does not take more than 15 minutes. I am really satisfied with the course and will do more .

By Rezart S

Dec 20, 2019

Excellent course. I just wished that instead of a lot of questions like true and false, for each week they should have had a couple of long quizzes similar to that final test after the 6th week. Overall satisfied though and it was a great refresher since I haven't really used Excel for years now.

By Carol K

Jul 2, 2019

This was a nice refresher for someone who uses Excel a lot, but doesn't do a lot of heavy data work. It will help you learn all of the tips and tricks to get your work done faster and more efficiently. It's a nice way to whet your appetite for the Intermediate courses which I highly recommend too.

By Ajay K S

Jun 26, 2020

It is worth a five star rating. You have left no room for candidate to pass without learning /understanding / practicing properly / in right proportion. However his /her expertise still lies in his practice.

Bravo team. Excellent way of teaching that too online when someone may cheat for passing.

By Bhavya M

Jun 1, 2020

I enjoyed learning the basics of Excel. The faculty of Maquire has fabulously handled each lesson. The final assessment was a great learning exercise covering almost all the practical concepts that were discussed. This course has given me confidence and removed my fear to deal with spreadsheets.

By Juan A M A

Jun 27, 2018

I liked the way the course it's organized. I already had previous experience with Excel, but still this course gave me the chance to reinforce the basics and to learn some new tips and tricks, It's great that you can keep learning anywhere, anytime- There's no excuse to stop learning. Thank you.

By Lina L

Oct 27, 2020

It was my first online courses ever! I was a bit afraid to be honest. And 0 knowledges about excel. Not anymore! It was amazing experience, I've learnt a lot and I am so happy about that. It was very easy to understand the context, really interesting Videos and Tests. Practice makes permanent!

By Ilyes L M

Jan 14, 2020

This course is very important and teaches you all the essentials and basics that everyone needs in his work or daily life. After finishing this course I become more professional using Excel and now, I can do my tasks in very short time, so I will impress my manager at work. Thank you very much.

By Monica H

Oct 27, 2018

I am an engineering student and this is absolutely perfect for what I am trying to acheive and advance my knowledge in! I am so grateful I ran into this course on here. I have tried other courses online (not through Coursera) and they just don't get into the detailing that this course gives me!

By Kelly H

Aug 28, 2018

Thorough coverage of the basic terminology, navigational skills, and baseline understandings needed to begin growing your Excel know-how. My work has led to a lot of self-teaching so much of this was review, but there were some excellent time-savers and explanations that I'm glad I didn't miss!

By Fernando Z S

Feb 10, 2018

I loved this course! I really enjoyed how Prashan and Nicky explain things and how they encourage us to do what's necessary to learn. I already had some experience with Excel, but this Essentials course allowed me to fill some gaps. Thank you so much! And see you in the Intermediate I course :)

By Jaye L A

Sep 11, 2020

totally manageable! This is presented in bite-sized chunks that allows for quick assimilation. The only place I felt slightly overwhelmed was in the comprehensive final, but still pulled off 100%. Found the instructors very likable. The information was relevant and meaningful to the work I do.

By LUSHELLE A A

Nov 1, 2020

This course was really a big help to me since I don't have any proper trainings about Microsoft Excel. I realized that, I don't have the full knowledge of this application. By enrolling this course, I am confident to use the other tools (which I didn't use before) to make reports efficiently.

By Nuñez, F T

Oct 31, 2020

The title says it all, it is indeed the essentials for business and this will help you gain expertise, especially when you are just getting started with Excel! Pity I did not know about this earlier, this would have helped me during our Excel class in high school. A good course to start with!

By Ruby K

Sep 10, 2020

The journey through Excel skills for Business:Essentials on coursera has been wonderful and insightful, with numerous assignments and work challenges to get you thinking! I really had fun and this is a stepping stone to higher journeys in Excel which I am looking forward to!Thanks Coursera!

By Colin B

Oct 10, 2019

Expertly done. The interaction through quizzes played a huge role in cementing the concepts. I also loved how they taught you additional things through the readings and quizzes and almost forced you to open Excel and play around to find answers that weren't said in the videos. Very well done!

By Jason C

Oct 9, 2018

Great course for beginners. Much of this was a review for me, but I did learn some keyboard and navigation shortcuts that I wasn't aware of before. Course content was easy to follow and exercises were great. Will be taking the Intermediate and Advanced courses through Macquarie University.

By Jocelyn P

Sep 4, 2020

I had very limited experience with using Excel, so I really enjoyed taking this course. It helped me understand how to navigate and use the various tools and features of Microsoft Excel more effectively and efficiently to stay productive. Thank you Prashan and Nicky for teaching this course!