Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

SM
Dec 3, 2020

Amazing course. I am amazed by the value provided by the instructors. The Pivot Tables in Week 6 is a must for everyone working with Excel. I am glad I chose this course over the other online courses.

326 - 350 of 3,226 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Niceson S

Mar 28, 2020

The course was extremely helpful and I learned many new and essential skills required in Excel to be a better professional, and I could identify many of my skill gaps. Thank you everyone who worked behind this.

By Md. M B

Dec 3, 2020

This course was really fantastic. I was able to learn excel which I will help me in future. The way course instructors arranged and taught the course was amazing. Hopefully I will also complete the next course.

By Abhay S

Jul 11, 2020

A really well-prepared and delivered course.

All the assignments, quizzes, and challenges were really good and made the learning more fun. Learned a lot and will be moving forward for Intermediate 2. Thank you.

By Fabio B

Very well put together, videos are easy to follow and all information are extremely clear. Challenges and tests really put your knowledge at good use and make the information permanent. Definitely recommended!!

By Olakunle K A

Feb 26, 2020

Very enlightening and educative. Wonderful Instructors. Great videos. Eye Opening. Well designed exercises, quizzes and tests.

Thank you, Prashan and Nicky. Thank you, Macquaire University. Thank you, Coursera.

By Kristopher R

Jan 31, 2020

I loved this course! How I wished I had taken it a long time ago. Especially helpful were the work sheets that you had us do that came accompanied with the solved versions. Really good practice and good fun!

By Karthik

Dec 26, 2019

Although I have been using Excel for 7 years, I learnt so many new things in this course that could have been useful to me. Every analytics team using Excel should use this specialization to train new analysts.

By Ebby J

Jun 23, 2021

Great teaching, video, explanations, workbooks and quizzes, by the tutors Prashan and Nicky, I am going back to refresh some of the topics I learned new, in few weeks. As Prahsan says practice make permanent.

By BOUCHRA B

Nov 4, 2021

Thank you! it's one of the few courses i could watch all the videos do all the practices and finish it ; well explained straight to the point and useful. I'm happy to have MACQUARIE University's certificate.

By Natan B

Oct 5, 2021

A awesome course to learn more about Excel and all it power. You will learn about named ranges, pivot tables and slices. Very good for who wants to improve the skills in office package, mainly in datasheets.

By Omar R R

Oct 27, 2021

Excellent course! It has helped me a lot to improve and learn more about Excel. I think that it's a great course because the teachers explain so well and the course has interesting and dynamic assignments.

By Sergio M

Jun 4, 2020

The course is well designed and structured, explanations are clear. Challenges are very helpful. I'd suggest this course to improve Excel skills effectively. Thanks, Macquarie University! Thanks, Coursera!

By PARDEEP

Jul 3, 2019

Thanks allot, COURSERA Through this platform, I have learnt lot of things related Excel using. Infuture I will revise all materials provided from COURSERA for further improvement. Onceagain thanks COURSERA

By Nareh S

Jun 17, 2020

This was a great course. The practice challenges and quizzes really help, and the instructors do a great job explaining everything in full detail, step by step. I think the courses were all very thorough!

By Waqas A

Dec 25, 2019

The course design is very precise and to the point. I am an Electrical Engineer, and Coursera has been a great platform for online learning. I recommend it to everybody who wants to excel in their career.

By Felicia S

Sep 17, 2021

I've learned so much! The course videos combine practice worksheets that you can follow along with as the instructor teaches. The tests will definitely test your knowledge of everything that you learned.

By Тенишев Т В

Jul 29, 2020

This course was really useful, there were a lot of new things for me e.g 3-D Formulas, Consolidation tool and Tables. Pivot tables, charts and slicers were explained very well. Thank you for this course!

By Akula S S

Jun 24, 2020

The videos are well paced and the practice quizzes cover the essentials.

The assessments are designed well and the course assessment is a great resource to make sure you have understood the entire course.

By Mika K

Jun 13, 2020

One of the best courses I've attended on Excel. A lot of Data Manipulation and presentation. Excel is very wide and very useful. Report Extraction greatly expounded. I'm motivated to learn Excel further.

By Antarang K

A Wonderful Course. It was really very beneficial for my day-to-day work, and I am glad to have completed it successfully. The teachers were amazing, and the course was very well organized and explained.

By Isabelle R R

Jun 15, 2021

I've continued in this integrated course after I finished Essentials. I'm learning so much. I recommend it to other students who want learning new tools or just fix your knowledge in Excel! Great course

By Kimi X

Apr 17, 2021

The course is designed very well, each module has some key highlights, once the video demo finished, the learner always get the chance to practice from the quiz and deepen the memory. Very good!! Thanks

By Deepak C

Feb 24, 2021

Loved the mentors and their course content, will definitely complete the remaining 2 courses of the specialization. Enjoying the learning process.

Thanks to the team at Macquarie University and Coursera!

By Craig H

Jan 3, 2021

Excellent content, learned so many things that I wish I had known years ago. The lesson videos and practice challenges are very effective at working through the material in easy to understand language.

By Bobby S

Sep 22, 2020

This is an excellent course! The tutors, the content, the pace, the activities are perfect. Not only have I learnt Excel, but also have learnt how to design and deliver an engaging and fantastic course.