Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to augment, expand, optimize, and increase the efficiency of their Excel spreadsheet skills by tapping into the powerful programming, automation, and customization capabilities available with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on the application of computing techniques in Excel/VBA to solve problems. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) create macros to automate procedures in Excel; 2) define your own user-defined functions; 3) create basic subroutines to interface with the user; 4) learn the basic programming structures in VBA; and 5) automate Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools and use numerical techniques to create “live solutions” to solve targeting and optimization problems. New to computer programming? The extremely intuitive and visual nature of VBA lends itself nicely to teaching and learning - what a fun way to learn to code! No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary yet seasoned programmers will pick up new and creative spreadsheet problem solving strategies. After you have learned the basics of VBA, each module will introduce foundational and broad problems inspired by situations that you might encounter in the real world. To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MS

Jan 27, 2018

Great course! I like it goes straight to implementation and is practice-oriented. What could be improved maybe is sound quality of lectures. And maybe it would be great to have some VBA notes in pdf.

LR

Jul 05, 2018

I'm not one to write reviews - this course is fantastic and a game changer. Prof Nuttelman is a very engaging speaker and makes what could seem a very dry topic come across as interesting, fascin

26 - 50 of 340 Reviews for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

By Jun X

Feb 16, 2019

Very good course. All things are taught in detailed and helpful!

By Ronald T B

Feb 17, 2019

If you never do VBA before, You must take this course ! amazing and its open to horizon to more capability of excel for all kind of applications.

By Emilio C G

Feb 28, 2019

I really liked this course, it taught me a lot of things I dind´t know and that will be very useful for my professional development.

By Anam R

Mar 07, 2019

Great course! It taught me so much, really amazed to find the power of VBA and all thanks to the instructor who shared such great knowledge with everyone in the world.

The style of teaching is very simple so beginners can also learn and understand. The pace of course and the way concepts are advanced is also good.

In some videos, audio was slightly low, it could be fixed, but it was not bad.

Thanks a lot!

By ZLATKO

Mar 07, 2019

great videos, great feedbacks, simply excellent - th

By Deeparnak B

Mar 10, 2019

This is one of the most useful courses I have done on coursera. I'm now equipped to go ahead and apply the concepts learnt from this course right away. The instruction by Prof. Nuttelman is extremely fluid and easy to follow, even for the most complex concepts presented in this course. This course is highly recommended to anyone who wishes to leverage their excel and VBA skills.

By Shivam P

Mar 11, 2019

great

By Handoko S S L

Mar 19, 2019

An excellent course!

By Natalia M

Mar 19, 2019

This is a very good course! The best online course I've ever had. The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. You just need continue practicing VBA (doesn't matter here or somewhere else) to improve the skills acquired here. Because those are very well developed here. I would highly recommend this course to anybody who is looking for the opportunity to learn VBA and enhance Excel skills. But I am heading to the second part! Yeah!

By Ricardo A R

Mar 20, 2019

Excellent content

By Kathleen H

Mar 26, 2019

This is a fantastic course. As someone who has fumbled my way and self taught myself this was a great back to base camp that has already taught me some good tricks that are invaluable in my day job (as an engineer in the utility sector I'm always moving data between spreadsheets). Looking forward to seeing this specialization through. Professor Charlie is a great teacher - I would have been lucky to have him at undergrad. The format is great and the visual aids during the screencasts are amongst the best I've seen (I've done a lot of online learning.).

By Samuel Z

Mar 26, 2019

Fantastic - very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful as a starting point for becoming fluent in VBA

By Pankaj N

Mar 21, 2019

It was an amazing course. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course. Now excited to begin Part-2 of this course.

By Saif M

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent course material and presentation. As an engineer and teacher, I found this both practical as well as intellectually stimulating. Thank you!

By Linh V M

Dec 20, 2018

Very useful! Thank you

By Andres E S G

Dec 22, 2018

Excellent course! very useful! very popular!

By Che X

Dec 09, 2018

very clear instruction and easy to follow.

covered many topics of VBA, very useful in my daily work.

By Adrian V W

Dec 26, 2018

After having tried all the exercices by my own, I am now able to write some subroutines and functions in Excel, which is quite cool.

By Morufu A A

Dec 26, 2018

This course was very tasking and interesting. I almost gave up at the middle but was determined to finish it. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to dig into Excel VBA. This course is rich in content. Thank you Charlie. Thank you Coursera.

By Emmanuel S

Dec 27, 2018

Great course. Very useful for data analytics

By Philip K T H

Dec 26, 2018

Pace is easy. Assignment is effective to reinforce the concept learnt

By Charlie H

Nov 27, 2018

Very well-organized and well-paced. I am a corporate accountant and I find VBA techniques incredibly useful in my daily work, and this is the first online course that I find helpful for someone without any coding experience to utilize

By Moreno C

Mar 30, 2019

Excellent course.

The learning curve was not too steep even if I would recommend it only to students who are already intermediate excel users.

By aashray k

Apr 03, 2019

The assignments are sufficiently challenging that they really force the student to grapple with and show an understanding of the material. Thought it was a a really practical set of examples and I look forward to section 2.

By Hamad D

Apr 07, 2019

it was a very helpful course.