Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

226 - 242 of 242 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By Stephen K

Jun 05, 2016

Very poorly constructed with links in the final exam that didn't work so I couldn't finish the exam. Then I was graded after only finishing 4/5 of the exam. I managed to get everything straightened out but it took some effort.

By Matthias L

Aug 27, 2017

A lot of this could be solved by intuition, and I would have expected this to be harder and really put the skills to the test. On the other hand, the format was fun and innovative.

By Elena D

Jun 04, 2017

Shorter and easier than expected.

By Reto W

Jul 04, 2016

The app is neat but too short.

By Pablo P

Sep 01, 2017

Short and easy

By Azran O

Mar 16, 2017

The capstone project was too simple and not sufficiently challenging

By Jean-Gabriel P

Aug 10, 2017

Well made simulation of leading a data science team at Zillow. Just wished we get better value for money as the whole course can be done in just 1 hour!

By Roeland v d B

Oct 30, 2017

I find the method really cool, to simulate the real-life. It could have been a bit more difficult to really test my new acquired skills.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the set up and full training on Data Science for Executives

thanks for hosting!

By Santiago J S

Jan 15, 2018

very good, but too short, I really enjoyed it, but I thought that was only the intro

By Bruno C

Mar 30, 2016

Fun. Challenging with gamification.

Maybe it's a little short.

I was expecting to put in a lot of work in this capstone maybe because I was expecting a more thorough, longer analysis challenge.

So a recommendation is:

In the same style, create more weeks where the challenges will increase.

By Supriya M

Apr 07, 2018

It was fun.

By Travis J

Aug 04, 2018

Not as challenging as expected.

By George H

Nov 27, 2019

The course was thoughtful and engaging up until the capstone which was a let down.

By Jon D D

Nov 12, 2018

The DataCamp portion of this program needs some work. First, technical notices need to be posted about what platform to use. The DataCamp exercise did not work on my iPad app and would not display the data or allow me to open the linked files. Coursera help chat confirmed that I needed to use a laptop computer. Once on my laptop, the DataCamp links didn't work for the slide sets for the presentation phase of the exercise, causing me to lose points here.

By Max L

Feb 11, 2019

The capstone course on datacamp is down.

By Marek N

Sep 13, 2016

Useful as a necessary step towards finishing the specialization only.

By Lucas H

Dec 05, 2016

Muito básico e simples demais...