Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

76 - 100 of 242 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By NAVIN B

Nov 04, 2016

Excellent Course

By PRASHANT S

Mar 23, 2017

An excellent course to learn about data science areas for executives and managers

By Hariharan

Jun 23, 2017

I had a different experience, since this is my first capstone project. Nicely framed and made me think through and take decisions to complete the

By Megan S

Jun 13, 2017

Capstone was fun

By Christos G

Sep 01, 2017

Full credit for the approach, it was really innovative, interesting and smart. It could be slightly more challenging.

By Konstantin B

Nov 18, 2017

A little stressing

By 周宁 N Z L

Mar 28, 2016

Good case to touch the practice with Zillow, the real estate online and involve with the data science team members.

By Paul H

Jan 05, 2017

this was fun and really cool!

By Marcelo B

Mar 12, 2017

Very nice simulation. Thanks!

By Omar A

May 07, 2017

I love the capstone as a learning experience. Previously, there has been talk of the limitations of online learning relative to traditional learning institutions. This learning experience clearly demonstrates the possibilities. The use of video, and decision making dichotomies to simulate the cognitive and social experience of managing a data science team in real organization was beautiful. My only critique was that given the near flawless design of the simulation, I would have enjoyed a more challenging problem, or a continued sequence of increasings challenging problems building on the one already presented. Thank you for this learning experience.

By Dan K

May 16, 2017

This was an awesome real life challenge. I liked it a great deal

By SHAUL S Z

Jun 03, 2017

It was an amazing experience.

For the detail design thinking and executing of this capstone - leaves good taste for the FINALE.

A GREAT SHAPOO !!!

By Federico C

May 08, 2017

I like the way it has been implemented, quite familiar as I have experienced been a manager before

By Kinga P

Aug 18, 2017

The Capstone project was engaging and fun. Creating a real world scenario with the ability to "interact" with the team was great.

By Chris S

Jul 22, 2016

Great course

By santhosh m

Nov 10, 2016

The capstone project was really good and felt like a real project where the manager is tasked with the decision making.

By Andrew W

Nov 18, 2017

A lot of fun, should have been a bit longer or included more case studies.

By Jill M W

Aug 08, 2017

I really enjoyed the interactive nature of this Capstone! I found myself nervous to not make a mistake as a manager because I am use to doing it myself and mining the data in order to make a decision. I liked seeing how I need to trust the skills of my team and the opinion of my team. I would like to think I could recognize when the employee's performance or recommendations are showing signs of lack of knowledge or will to do the work even though that was not in the exercise. But then again. management is an art just like data science.

By Srinivasa L

Dec 17, 2017

Very good course with interactive videos and thought provoking questions

By David G

Dec 14, 2016

great exercise !

By Adrien C

Mar 02, 2017

the interaction with DataCamp is awesome!! love the data science capstone, I even felt under pressure from time to time, like if I was managing a data science team for real!!

By Ravi K S

Apr 13, 2018

This was excellent "case study".

By Andy M

May 27, 2016

I loved the virtual environment. It was an engaging experience and really felt a sense of accomplishment in the finale video. This was very rewarding!

By humbert.sch@gmail.com

May 09, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better data management learning experience!

By Rames M

Mar 29, 2017

A good way to evaluate what we have learned.