Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

DM

Apr 04, 2016

Maybe I'm biased, since this is my first completed specialization... but this is the kind of course-structure and capstone that I would enjoy doing for any and every subject!!

76 - 100 of 237 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By ANDREA G F

Aug 15, 2017

loved it!! real life

By Ruchit G

May 07, 2018

I like this course because it gives you opportunity to put your learning @ work .More case studies and practice will be very helpful for people like me who are not having any team of Data Science but want to develop myself in that area .

By John E

Dec 21, 2017

Cute and fun. Would be nice if you could save your place though so you didn't have to block out a single chunk of time to complete it.

By Kyoko M

Apr 01, 2018

Very useful and good format

By Marvin G

Jan 16, 2018

Amazing experience, I actually feel related to Zillow. WOW !!

By Victor M

Feb 28, 2018

Great learning experience, almost real-life feeling. It would be good to have detailed feedback on what caused deductions on your grade

By Oliver S

Jun 26, 2018

What an excellent simulation! Fantastic, I really enjoyed the real-life feel to the challenge. I learn't a huge amount

By santhosh m

Nov 10, 2016

The capstone project was really good and felt like a real project where the manager is tasked with the decision making.

By Andrew W

Nov 18, 2017

A lot of fun, should have been a bit longer or included more case studies.

By Jill M W

Aug 08, 2017

I really enjoyed the interactive nature of this Capstone! I found myself nervous to not make a mistake as a manager because I am use to doing it myself and mining the data in order to make a decision. I liked seeing how I need to trust the skills of my team and the opinion of my team. I would like to think I could recognize when the employee's performance or recommendations are showing signs of lack of knowledge or will to do the work even though that was not in the exercise. But then again. management is an art just like data science.

By Adrien C

Mar 02, 2017

the interaction with DataCamp is awesome!! love the data science capstone, I even felt under pressure from time to time, like if I was managing a data science team for real!!

By Ravi K S

Apr 13, 2018

This was excellent "case study".

By Hariharan

Jun 23, 2017

I had a different experience, since this is my first capstone project. Nicely framed and made me think through and take decisions to complete the

By Christos G

Sep 01, 2017

Full credit for the approach, it was really innovative, interesting and smart. It could be slightly more challenging.

By Megan S

Jun 13, 2017

Capstone was fun

By SHAUL S Z

Jun 03, 2017

It was an amazing experience.

For the detail design thinking and executing of this capstone - leaves good taste for the FINALE.

A GREAT SHAPOO !!!

By Federico C

May 08, 2017

I like the way it has been implemented, quite familiar as I have experienced been a manager before

By Kinga P

Aug 18, 2017

The Capstone project was engaging and fun. Creating a real world scenario with the ability to "interact" with the team was great.

By Andy M

May 27, 2016

I loved the virtual environment. It was an engaging experience and really felt a sense of accomplishment in the finale video. This was very rewarding!

By humbert.sch@gmail.com

May 09, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better data management learning experience!

By Rames M

Mar 29, 2017

A good way to evaluate what we have learned.

By Damon R

Nov 08, 2016

Thanks

By Marco G

Sep 22, 2017

I

By N C

Apr 10, 2017

It was a great experience

By Linus G