Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

DM

Apr 04, 2016

Maybe I'm biased, since this is my first completed specialization... but this is the kind of course-structure and capstone that I would enjoy doing for any and every subject!!

151 - 175 of 237 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By Joseph S

Jul 23, 2017

Excellent Course....very well presented and fun to do.

By Austin H

Aug 03, 2016

Very interesting and got me thinking about what is the most appropriate decision to make.

By Elizabeth B

May 28, 2016

Fabulous way to live the lessons & put new skills into action. Loved it!

By Gabriela E L M

Oct 03, 2017

Content was very good structured and got to the point in a concrete fast way.

By Ruchit G

May 07, 2018

I like this course because it gives you opportunity to put your learning @ work .More case studies and practice will be very helpful for people like me who are not having any team of Data Science but want to develop myself in that area .

By Marvin G

Jan 16, 2018

Amazing experience, I actually feel related to Zillow. WOW !!

By John E

Dec 21, 2017

Cute and fun. Would be nice if you could save your place though so you didn't have to block out a single chunk of time to complete it.

By Kyoko M

Apr 01, 2018

Very useful and good format

By Victor M

Feb 28, 2018

Great learning experience, almost real-life feeling. It would be good to have detailed feedback on what caused deductions on your grade

By Oliver S

Jun 26, 2018

What an excellent simulation! Fantastic, I really enjoyed the real-life feel to the challenge. I learn't a huge amount

By Marco G

Sep 22, 2017

I

By Kandy R

Dec 12, 2017

Great experience - Very innovative in making this feel like a real-world project.

By Kyle C

Jun 11, 2018

Great overview of managing data science. I especially appreciated the capstone simulation - I failed at multiple questions when I tried to apply my knowledge from the course and learned pretty quickly that my assumptions about what model was best were flat out wrong. It was great to get to apply what I read and watched over the specialization to a real-world scenario.

By Bauyrzhan S

Jun 13, 2018

Very good!

By Chris C

Jan 22, 2018

Nicely done capstone - very unique!

By Tamer T

Dec 20, 2017

I only wish it was far longer in duration, this was fun.

By Olivier S

Jan 20, 2018

Fun !

By Amrita W

Jul 27, 2018

Well designed and interactive.

By Georgios P

May 05, 2019

Great experience that gives an overview of how things work in real life!

By Karl D L

Apr 23, 2019

Great course and capstone project!

By Omid F

May 10, 2019

Thank you very much for your excellent course.

Best Regard.

Omid Faseli

By Diego B

Apr 16, 2019

Excellent experience!

By Kai P

Apr 29, 2019

It would really be great if it would have been clear that the other parts of

Executive Data Science from Johns Hopkins University

should be completed upfront.

By Ashmita M

Jun 26, 2019

The project was very precise and helpful

By Ajeya N

Jun 25, 2019

The interactive experience is ethereal. Splendid job, and it's a good way to find out how good are you as an executive as it was pretty insightful with the problems and situations one had to encounter.