Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

151 - 175 of 242 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By Matt J

Aug 05, 2019

Very useful, yet approachable introduction to data science concepts, language, usefulness and team dynamics.

By Omid F

May 10, 2019

Thank you very much for your excellent course.

Best Regard.

Omid Faseli

By Pallav K

Oct 22, 2019

By Seyyed M A D

Nov 30, 2019

Hello great instructors,

This Capstone was the most awesome I have ever taken up. Thanks a lot.

It was greatly great :)

By Elizabeth B

May 28, 2016

Fabulous way to live the lessons & put new skills into action. Loved it!

By Elimane N

Aug 26, 2019

Very usefull!

By Jomo C

Jan 28, 2018

Challenging, Fun, felt very real as the questions and impact of your answers were very significant.

By xun y

Sep 15, 2018

Great design, love the capstone project!

By Sree_Ganesh

Jan 09, 2017

Fantastic. This was the first time I had taken up a simulation based test. Was definitely an immersive experience

By Bauyrzhan S

Jun 13, 2018

Very good!

By Jean-Michel M

Feb 23, 2019

Really well developed project, good fun and very useful.

By Ghada

May 08, 2016

The capstone experience was really wonderful. Thanks for all these huge efforts and knowledge.

By Jens M

Jan 13, 2019

Great experience. Thank you! I haven't done the analyze, but I'm sure Roger will win the words per minute contest. As Englisch is not my mother tongue, I really appreciated the transcript. Still 5 stars.

By Scott A

Apr 25, 2018

Great completion to a great course!

By NAVIN B

Nov 04, 2016

Excellent Course

By Karl D L

Apr 23, 2019

Great course and capstone project!

By Jill M W

Aug 08, 2017

I really enjoyed the interactive nature of this Capstone! I found myself nervous to not make a mistake as a manager because I am use to doing it myself and mining the data in order to make a decision. I liked seeing how I need to trust the skills of my team and the opinion of my team. I would like to think I could recognize when the employee's performance or recommendations are showing signs of lack of knowledge or will to do the work even though that was not in the exercise. But then again. management is an art just like data science.

By scott r

Oct 30, 2016

Well done! Very realistic.

By Katherine d T

Jun 06, 2017

SO useful to have real decisions to make (in this course). The online format was surprisingly good... it felt surprisingly 'real', with the videos (eg of the data scientists). Then when my supervisor congratulated me on a job well done and said there'd be a party next week, seriously I was flooded with happiness.

By ANDREA G F

Aug 15, 2017

loved it!! real life

By HUGO H

Mar 31, 2017

Great exercise!

By Nelson C

Aug 23, 2017

very clear content and very well delivered

By Bernard P

Jun 29, 2017

Loved the Capstone. Nice design....good learning.

By SURESH P