Back to Experimentation for Improvement

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Experimentation for Improvement by McMaster University

We are always using experiments to improve our lives, our community, and our work. Are you doing it efficiently? Or are you (incorrectly) changing one thing at a time and hoping for the best? In this course, you will learn how to plan efficient experiments - testing with many variables. Our goal is to find the best results using only a few experiments. A key part of the course is how to optimize a system. We use simple tools: starting with fast calculations by hand, then we show how to use FREE software. The course comes with slides, transcripts of all lectures, subtitles (English, Spanish and Portuguese; some Chinese and French), videos, audio files, source code, and a free textbook. You get to keep all of it, all freely downloadable. This course is for anyone working in a company, or wanting to make changes to their life, their community, their neighbourhood. You don't need to be a statistician or scientist! There's something for everyone in here. ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ Over 1500 people have completed this online course. What have prior students said about this course? "This definitely is one of the most fruitful courses I have participated at Coursera, considering the takeaways and implementations! And so far I finished 12 [courses]." "Excelente curso, flexible y con suficiente material didáctico fácilmente digerible y cómodo. No importa si se tiene pocas bases matemáticas o estadísticas, el curso proporciona casi toda explicación necesaria para un entendimiento alto." "I wish I had enrolled in your course years ago -- it would have saved us a lot of time in optimizing experimental conditions." Jason Eriksen, 3 Jan 2017 "Interesting and developing both analytical and creative thinking. The lecturer took care to bring lots of real live examples which are fun to analyze." 20 February 2016. "... love your style of presentation, and the examples you took from everyday life to explain things. It is very difficult to make such a mathematical course accessible and comprehensible to this wide a variety of people!" ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯...

SM
Jul 21, 2020

It is one of the best course present on coursera. I would recommend everyone to take this course. It will not only help you to optimize your activities in work place but also in your personal life.

EB
Feb 18, 2018

Very good course,and an excellent instructor. Thank you very much Professor Kevin Dunn.\n\nI enjoyed your course, and I really appreciate the time and effort you put into those lessons

76 - 100 of 206 Reviews for Experimentation for Improvement

By Oscar B R

Feb 10, 2016

Very interesting course for those who want to discover the worl of the experimental design. I recommend it!

By Haoqiang Z

Nov 8, 2018

This is absolutely one of the best courses I have ever taken in Coursera, very useful, thank you so much!

By Nefer

Sep 3, 2017

Excelente taller, buenos ejemplos y pruebas con una dificultad que debe ser atendida para poder aprobar

By Alex O

Jan 15, 2017

Great course. Sort of SW's Rogue One - the one after that you eant to study the univers of engenering.

By John Y

Feb 28, 2016

Grounded in real world use. Prepares the student for immediate application of the concepts taught.

By Marvin T O

Nov 19, 2015

That was the best course I have taken at coursera. though, it could be better with the next one.

By farrukh j

Feb 9, 2016

great course. highly organized and well presented. additional resources are very useful. thanks.

By Michael Z

Sep 29, 2019

This course has the best explanation of DOE and response surface methodology I've ever seen.

By Francisco P

Aug 18, 2017

One of the best approaches to introduce into real life experimentation for optimizing process

By Josue R F G

Apr 28, 2018

it's a great course, easy to understand even if you don't have and engineering background.

By jayakumar16

Aug 29, 2018

very helpful for those are doing expensive experimental projects and higher studies .

By Juan D L R

Jun 10, 2018

This course is so good, it's helped me so much with my research. I highly recommend it!

By Vu D

Apr 12, 2017

It's really useful and easy to understand for newbie person like me. Thank you so much!

By JennyL

May 6, 2020

Well organized course with applicable examples. Very helpful for experimental design.

By Carlo D V

Dec 1, 2019

Fantastic!!! the most important course about DOE I have done. Useful for mu carrer.

By Lucas F B

Jun 29, 2020

If you are looking for a straightforward course about RSM, you must take this one.

By Alberto-Javier O R

Jul 5, 2019

The instructor explains the topic very well and uses easy to understand examples

By Hunter E

Oct 27, 2017

Excellent start in Design of Experiments! I've pointed others to this course.

By K C

May 28, 2017

Great course! Very helpful in visualizing my data and discussing optimization.

By Francisco A

May 10, 2019

Good way to learn about experimentation with a great and simple approach to R

By BRYAN A I C

Jan 9, 2017

Me sirvio de mucho para la realizacion de diseños experimentales, buen curso

By Imane A

Sep 9, 2020

I really enjoyed learning about the DOE. Thank you so much Mr. Kevin Dunn.

By Maria J L

Apr 8, 2020

Great course!! I was looking for a course like this for a long time!!

By Denis B W

Aug 6, 2017

he course offered fast and practical enough tools for self-learning

By Qiong Z

Dec 17, 2018

This is a very insightful and useful course for experiment design.