Back to Personal & Family Financial Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Personal & Family Financial Planning by University of Florida

Personal and Family Financial Planning will address many critical personal financial management topics in order to help you learn prudent habits both while in school and throughout your lifetime....

AA

May 26, 2018

The course was very accessible and very at ease when it came to completing the various assignments for evaluation. Was very satisfied with the video presentations and the various tutorials as well.

JV

Feb 11, 2019

The discussion is very informative and helpful. I've learned a lot and my perspective in personal and family financial planning has widen and deepened. Thank you to Coursera and sir Michael!

1 - 25 of 68 Reviews for Personal & Family Financial Planning

By Ralph M

Aug 02, 2018

Quite interesting, but the assignment and quiz questions for the verified certificate and very easy (there are some more complex assignment tasks mentioned in the course, but they aren't actually included in the grading). The content is also *very* parochial (US-centric), which is good if non-US students want to learn a bit about the foibles of the US version of retirement savings, medical insurance and mutual fund fees... A good introduction to the core areas of financial planning if you are just starting out.

The lecturer does emphasize actively managed mutual funds a lot - I'd suggest reading up on the research that shows that most of these actually underperform the relevant market index once fees (and survivor bias - poorly performing funds tend to be closed down and disappear from the performance tables) are taken into account, so a mix of low-cost index funds may be worth checking out.

By Alejandro C R

Feb 13, 2019

Excellent and charismatic professor Michael Gutter provides useful personal finances hints and explanations along the course.

By ELSA G

Sep 14, 2017

This is the course I needed to adequately plan my financial security. Excellent course. Thanks!

By Kenneth d L

Aug 06, 2019

EXCELLENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE. KUDOS TO PROFESSOR GUTTER! :)

By Scott Z

Aug 08, 2016

Great overview of personal financial planning!

By DHRUV P

Apr 15, 2018

The course is well designed for a beginner who wish to understand Personal & Family Financial Planning and wants a kick start getting hold of his finances. The course takes you step by step and provide sufficient material as tools to manage your finances. Though more suited for residents of United States, the basic structure is still useful in carving out if you are looking for requisite understanding in family financial planning.

By Ashley W

Sep 06, 2018

I absolutely love this course! Recently I decided to become a FInancial Coach and the information here is very detailed & explained well. This course has given me a good refresher, and I've also learned some new things. I now have the confidence I needed to better assist my clients since starting this course. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful course!!

By Ali'i G

Jun 09, 2019

Wonderful information for the finance amateur. Getting your house in order is an important skill to acquire. This course does a wonderful job at tackling the aspects of personal and family financial planning across all stages of life. You might need headphones though as the lecture videos tend to be softer than the announcement videos.

By Bethania F D M

Aug 15, 2019

Thanks Michael for all the well explanation in the knowledge of financial, it really change my way to deal with my finances and how I can help my family as well.

This course is its like a mutual funds =D Have all the information that I might need. So surprise with so much information provided. Thank you so much!

By Curtis

Jan 16, 2020

Although I studied Math and Finance in undergraduate, I didn't apply the skills to my personal life. This course was less theory, more on application, exactly what I was looking for. Recommended for early adults and up!

Professor was always organized and professional! Charming too!

By Sara H

Jun 01, 2018

It was valuable information in this course. If a person start to use what they learn in this course like the professor mentioned in one of the videos, they will definitely have different financial status and better grasp about meaning of their bank statements in couple of years.

By Jiro T

Feb 12, 2020

Very well constructed course. I have learnt a lot from almost no knowledge regarding investment in share, mutual fund bond. but also fundamental of financial planning as well. it would be useful for my own financial planning in rest of my financial journey. thank you .

By Joe A

May 01, 2017

I didn't purchase the course so didn't do the quizzes, but the topics covered are so enormously important, regardless to the contents which is too broad to review in one course I gave it five stars just for bringing them up and presenting them to the public.

By Benoy M

Jan 08, 2019

I started this course with a divided mindset. But as i progressed, i found it intriguing and really gripping. this is an excellent course and materials are really helpful. i am really thankful for this opportunity to continue my learning.

By Stella Y W

Aug 29, 2016

It's my second time to enter this course, last time I quit in the middle due to time conflict. Professor is great on explaning these basic family financial planning things. Grateful & look forward to more related courses.

By Johannes B W

Mar 27, 2017

This course is awesome. It provides information about Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, Insurances, and Taxes. The bonus material is also great which provides a chance to become a volunteer for the Internal Revenue Service.

By Ali A

May 26, 2018

By Jennifer B V

Feb 11, 2019

By sudindra

May 16, 2019

Self study material, clearly articulated presentation, links for various financial planning and participating approach

By Shyanne R

Jul 24, 2017

Really enjoying the course so far! Teaches the basics in an understanding format. A++ you get your money's worth!

By lynnhu

Jan 24, 2017

I'm an expat and this course is super helpful for me to understand the tax, retirement and investment in the US

By Alexander R

Sep 26, 2017

Get course!!! It is always great to review basics. You never know, you might learn something new.

By James B

Jul 17, 2017

Great course. I learned a lot and feel more confident about my personal finances as a result

By Oana M

Aug 12, 2016

A really great approach to personal finance, with a lot of useful tips and information.

By Prashant Y