Back to Personal & Family Financial Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Personal & Family Financial Planning by University of Florida

Personal and Family Financial Planning will address many critical personal financial management topics in order to help you learn prudent habits both while in school and throughout your lifetime....

AA
May 25, 2018

The course was very accessible and very at ease when it came to completing the various assignments for evaluation. Was very satisfied with the video presentations and the various tutorials as well.

AB
Aug 24, 2020

I am from technical field and had no knowledge about finance management and this course has really helped me understand many concepts in a easy, interactive manner. The host/teacher is expert!

376 - 400 of 404 Reviews for Personal & Family Financial Planning

By Peter S

May 2, 2020

Positives: Great course for someone who is fresh out of college and not familiar with personal finance. Instructor is likeable and has an interest in the subject matter.

Negatives: In one quiz, you are asked about something that instructor never explained or discussed. Some links to resources are now broken. During some background slides, instructor is standing in front of text, blocking view.

FYI, this course is US-centric. A good portion can apply anywhere (for example, TVM or managing risk) but section on health insurance or taxation in US wouldn't apply to international students.

By Aygul M

As I paid for this course, I expected more than I actually learned. A number of students already mentioned the issues that I'm upset about 1. Quality of video and sound, 2. US-centric content, 3. Broken links; 4. The audience is not well-thought - even though I took a course in Finance Management, it was difficult to follow examples, at the same time some content was very basic.

I appreciate the effort in developing this course, but I wish it could be updated with consideration of the feedback. Good luck!

By Humberto R

Jun 21, 2020

I have been learning about investing for the last 3 years. I also started investing 3 years ago. I got a few stocks (more like 21!) and have seen substantial growth in my portfolio. I was made aware of insurances on this course. I also saw many equations that could help me calculate interest, future, and past figures ($). Would I recommend this class? Yeah sure. For a beginner. It is a very detailed course. I just can't quite figure out if this is a good or bad thing.

By Pierluigi M

Oct 16, 2016

There is a lack of supervision by the instructor. Some questions are too simple and basic, and don't really prompt much of any reflection upon the course material presented. I feel like participation in the forum posts was also weak. All in all, it was a good class for basic financial knowledge (e.g. financial terms, different investment vehicles, etc.)

By Chan C K

Nov 29, 2020

Areas for improvement are: 1. The audio is rather low. 2. The slides and speaker overlap most of the time . 3. To include slides as an attachment at the each of each session ASAP. Pls let me know if any of these has been done. Good to know, improvement has been implemented.

By Legriv V I M

Although I appreciate the first parts of the lecture, some of the discussion points are not applicable to countries outside the USA. The lectures are often too long and it would help if one could at least chunk it to a more easy to take video lectures.

By Fauzan A D

Jun 10, 2020

The material is good, but supplement material is ordinary and many link broken. Video is too long and boring. Instructur can used more ilustration to make learning more fun.

By Zubair R

Apr 5, 2020

Good course about personal finance but Some of the links were broken and course is specified to US and also need to give links of Financial calculator.

By Caroline L

Nov 24, 2020

Not bad - just pretty basic. Not worth $49 in my opinion. Better to offer it at a lower rate or add more advanced materials into it.

By Ayushi M

Jun 24, 2020

The course is interesting and imparts a lot of knowledge but some of the videos aren't very good in terms of the volume.

By Oleg B

Oct 16, 2019

I think it won't be so useful for a foreigners, but anyway thank you for your job and your time.

By Himali T

Jul 13, 2020

Very informative course. Gives a good sense of basic knowledge of financial security

By Terence G

Jul 18, 2020

The course is great, but most of it applies for the American context.

By Rick M G

Dec 15, 2016

Some of his information was useful. It's pretty basic.

By Yueyue L

Jun 14, 2020

not perfect for college student but a great start.

By Srivignesh

Apr 21, 2020

videos are too lengthy

By Vivek T

Aug 13, 2020

only for americans

By Emma V

Aug 16, 2020

Most info was entirely open source, quizzes had typos and referred to things which were outdated and sometimes inaccessible / no longer accessible. This course needs to be updated. Tax section also has not incorporated tax reforms made in 2018.

Overall, the course is informative, but needs significant improvements.

By Cerise A

Jun 29, 2020

I am sure this is a wonderful course for those living or working in the USA. Being based in Africa, much of the information regarding taxes, budgets etc is irrelevant for me so unfortunately will not get what I hoped out of the course.

By Erik L

Oct 27, 2020

Very old school course, no interactive stuff whatsoever, just showing slides. Only recommended for US citizens, most of the stuff is not applicable in other countries.

By JODY T

Jul 1, 2020

overall its quiet bad, some of the videos got low sound and bad PPT slide show.

the way the lecturer teaches is not effective and boring.

By Andrea E F L

Apr 20, 2020

I cannot access to the readings.

By Lenin V

May 6, 2018

so far , very good and helpful

By Tushar R

Jun 1, 2020

The professor is not interesting and friendly at all. The complete lesson is just full of slides. Youtube videos by grant cardone and stephen graham are better.

By Cecile T

I've tried 6 times to cancel the course subscription and i cannot. coursera is a rip-off