Back to Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is the first course in a five-course US Federal Tax Specialization. It covers and focuses on the U.S. federal tax system as it relates to individuals, employees, and sole proprietors. Key concepts covered include gross income and items that are statutorily included or excluded in it, personal and business expenses that qualify as tax deductions, and the differing tax treatments for employees versus self-employed taxpayers. Unlike many other introductory courses in tax and as part of this course’s comprehensive wrap-up, learners will be provided with practical and tangible experience reporting both income and expenses on the main individual tax return used in the US, Form 1040. If you have enjoyed this course, consider enrolling in our online graduate Accounting program. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, consistently ranked as one of the nation's top three accounting programs, now offers a master’s in accounting at a very affordable tuition rate and is completely online. The iMSA is a full Master of Accountancy program and students graduate with an MS that is highly recognized. Try an open course or two, then apply for admission into the credit-bearing version as you may be eligible to take credit-bearing courses during the application process. If you are missing any prerequisites for the full degree, you can complete Coursera courses to demonstrate readiness and strengthen your application for the iMSA. For more information on this exciting iMSA online program, refer to this link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/imsa ...

TR
Apr 12, 2020

This was a great introduction into Federal Taxation. It gave excellent examples of all of the components that go into a 1040 tax prep. I loved the course and I feel the professors did an amazing job.

Feb 15, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The presenters were very thorough and detailed. the examples given were very simple and understandable.\n\ni look forward to continuing on this Taxation journey

26 - 50 of 113 Reviews for Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors

By Richard F

Aug 3, 2020

I really learnt a lot about the taxation of Individuals, sole proprietors and business in this course. the videos were well presented and easy to follow, and the course material was also well laid out and great that you can download in PDF for future reference.

By Navaneet N

Nov 30, 2020

The course was enjoyable, got to study a lot of US taxation for Sole proprietor, Employeez and Individuals. I thank both the lecturers and the gies business school for providing such an awesome course on Coursera.

By Takela D

Apr 20, 2020

I actually enjoyed the Professors of this course. I enjoyed how everything was explained but still not boring. I actually liked this course so much I finished it in a week. Thanks!

By Sarah E R

Aug 19, 2020

Great introduction to federal taxation, I enjoyed learing about IRAs & even learning about some of the hidden gems that are new for tax year 2020 because of the CARES Act.

By Ruby

Apr 5, 2020

I didnt see Healh insurance Explanation and forms to fill out.

Any how, this course is EXCELLENT.

THANK YOU Instructors and the rest of the team that make it posible.

By BHAWNA M

Oct 23, 2018

EXCELLENT VIDEOS, GREAT QUIZ, PRACTICAL APPLICATION AND SOLVING OF PROBLEM GREATLY HELPS IN UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT, AT THE SAME TIME TEACHES TO APPLY THE CONCEPT!!

By Ramon B C

May 11, 2018

Great course, everything is well explained, the weekly amount of work is just fine, and the thing that includes IRS' forms filling practice increases its value.

By Mary R D

Oct 20, 2019

This tax course was just right for me. I learned quite a bit and I would like to continue on with the specialization. I will sign up for the next one.

By Sebastián Á L

Feb 19, 2020

Highly recommended course, I learned a lot of things, very useful and practical to help people with their tax returns. The course is very clear.

By Emilio S G

Jul 13, 2020

Detailed and organized course. You will gain or hone the ability to file personal income taxes and understand tax consequences of your actions.

By Mick F

Mar 29, 2021

The course was informative and educational, while also keeping the student engaged in the material as well as being up to date and relevant.

By SWATI S H

Apr 25, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to learn Individual and Sole Proprietor's Tax Provisions from Instructor Matthew Hutchens and Petro Lisowsky.

By Lilia N G

Jul 7, 2019

Excellent examples, this course is very complete and I liked very much Professors comments sometimes with jokes to make an easy reading.

By Yunling Z

May 5, 2020

A very practical and useful course and I recommend everyone to learn more about it if interested in business or financial study field.

By Joel Y

Jan 10, 2021

One of the best courses I have taken online, the module videos are very informative and well explained. The professors are excellent.

By Iftikhar H

Aug 12, 2021

B​efore I started this course, this subject had been a daunting one for me and now I am confient to learn more about US Taxation.

By Shahbaz U

Oct 27, 2020

It was great start to learn Individual tax return and it help me a lot to learn new things which was not clear before.

By Shivani M

Sep 21, 2019

Information is excellently laid out. Very easy to understand the lectures, examples, and slides. Highly recommend.

By Fernanda C d O N

Apr 5, 2020

It is an excellent course. We have a mix of videos and quizzes and the last exam is very complete and practical.

By Madan M

Jan 1, 2020

Really insightful and informative as it can ever be and quality faculties on top of it make it worth my time.

By Anjali B

Aug 1, 2020

I have fear from learning taxation, but after taking Federal Taxation that fear has gone. I am thankful.

By Carlos L

Jun 7, 2020

It was exactly the the type of course I was expecting. Learning basics has helped me to open my mind.

By Mika K

Feb 25, 2021

Very good instructors & great test materials. Very practical course. Exactly what i was looking for.

By Vitor N P D

Dec 27, 2019

Excelente curso, recomendo a todos que queiram entender a tributação americana da pessoa física.