Back to Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is the first course in a five-course US Federal Tax Specialization. It covers and focuses on the U.S. federal tax system as it relates to individuals, employees, and sole proprietors. Key concepts covered include gross income and items that are statutorily included or excluded in it, personal and business expenses that qualify as tax deductions, and the differing tax treatments for employees versus self-employed taxpayers. Unlike many other introductory courses in tax and as part of this course’s comprehensive wrap-up, learners will be provided with practical and tangible experience reporting both income and expenses on the main individual tax return used in the US, Form 1040. If you have enjoyed this course, consider enrolling in our online graduate Accounting program. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, consistently ranked as one of the nation's top three accounting programs, now offers a master’s in accounting at a very affordable tuition rate and is completely online. The iMSA is a full Master of Accountancy program and students graduate with an MS that is highly recognized. Try an open course or two, then apply for admission into the credit-bearing version as you may be eligible to take credit-bearing courses during the application process. If you are missing any prerequisites for the full degree, you can complete Coursera courses to demonstrate readiness and strengthen your application for the iMSA. For more information on this exciting iMSA online program, refer to this link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/imsa ...

TR

Apr 13, 2020

This was a great introduction into Federal Taxation. It gave excellent examples of all of the components that go into a 1040 tax prep. I loved the course and I feel the professors did an amazing job.

Feb 16, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The presenters were very thorough and detailed. the examples given were very simple and understandable.\n\ni look forward to continuing on this Taxation journey

26 - 50 of 81 Reviews for Federal Taxation I: Individuals, Employees, and Sole Proprietors

By Ramon B C

May 11, 2018

Great course, everything is well explained, the weekly amount of work is just fine, and the thing that includes IRS' forms filling practice increases its value.

By Mary R D

Oct 20, 2019

This tax course was just right for me. I learned quite a bit and I would like to continue on with the specialization. I will sign up for the next one.

By Sebastián Á L

Feb 19, 2020

Highly recommended course, I learned a lot of things, very useful and practical to help people with their tax returns. The course is very clear.

By Emilio S G

Jul 13, 2020

Detailed and organized course. You will gain or hone the ability to file personal income taxes and understand tax consequences of your actions.

By Swati G S

Apr 25, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to learn Individual and Sole Proprietor's Tax Provisions from Instructor Matthew Hutchens and Petro Lisowsky.

By Lilia N G

Jul 08, 2019

Excellent examples, this course is very complete and I liked very much Professors comments sometimes with jokes to make an easy reading.

By Yunling Z

May 06, 2020

A very practical and useful course and I recommend everyone to learn more about it if interested in business or financial study field.

By Shivani M

Sep 22, 2019

Information is excellently laid out. Very easy to understand the lectures, examples, and slides. Highly recommend.

By Fernanda C d O N

Apr 05, 2020

It is an excellent course. We have a mix of videos and quizzes and the last exam is very complete and practical.

By Madan M

Jan 01, 2020

Really insightful and informative as it can ever be and quality faculties on top of it make it worth my time.

By Anjali B

Aug 01, 2020

I have fear from learning taxation, but after taking Federal Taxation that fear has gone. I am thankful.

By Carlos L

Jun 07, 2020

It was exactly the the type of course I was expecting. Learning basics has helped me to open my mind.

By Vitor N P D

Dec 27, 2019

Excelente curso, recomendo a todos que queiram entender a tributação americana da pessoa física.

By Brenda I T

The information you learn is really valuable and would help you in the future. Is Amazing!!

By Maria A H

Mar 07, 2020

Excellent course, very easy to understand, also you can study on your own schedule.

By NGUYEN T H A

Mar 18, 2019

Comprehensive and insightful course. I love the videos and accompanying materials.

By SANDEEP K S

Mar 02, 2020

Very interesting and knowledgeable course. one can update as per US taxation law.

By Rekha S

Aug 31, 2020

Great course. Thanks to Both Instructors Matthew Hutchens and Petro Lisowsky.

By Guy G

Aug 28, 2018

Great course but I'm not sure how that will apply to the new taxation in 2018

By Leandro J Q S

Apr 21, 2020

Was fantastic, and every quiz after each lesson, was a great idea. Thanks

By Juliana D

Mar 11, 2019

Was excellent to me been in this course, i learned a lot about US taxation

By Azar A

Thank you so much, great course and I really recommend it to my friends.

By Eddie G

Sep 03, 2020

Excellent course. Very comprehensive. Clear explanations and examples.

By Bernard O

Jan 03, 2019

Very informative, understandable and very current lessons learnt.