Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

276 - 300 of 853 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By Alma A V R

Jul 15, 2020

Me gustó muchísimo el curso, sobre todo la semana 1 y 2 ya que incluyeron una película con grandes relaciones culturales con México y me pude identificar un poco.

By Pragati P

Aug 06, 2020

This course was really very interesting and informative. Why don't we have professors like Mrs Bettina in our country? I just loved the way she explained things.

By Karina M N

Jul 12, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso, conocí partes de la historia de las cuales no tenía idea. La profesora es muy buena explicando y te comparte ese sentimiento de lucha.

By britt a t

Jun 24, 2020

such an enjoyable course and i loved how prof aptheker presented the topics. my only real compliant is that i wish there were more weeks in the course to take :)

By Madhushree K

I would like to learn more about misogyny within oppressed communities and how they can be eradicated, which one ought to be tackled first and their correlation.

By Diana B d J N C

Oct 20, 2020

Fue muy interesante y dinámico, se ve la vinculación del feminismo con distintos temas que son de relevancia para todos. Te hace querer profundizar más en ello.

By Bea V

Oct 12, 2020

I really enjoyed Professor Aptheker's lectures! This is very much an introductory course as it raises more questions than gives answers, but I'm not complaining

By Alessia G

Jun 04, 2020

One of the most interesting online course so far . Professor Aptheker is an incredible speaker, you can really feel her passion and devotion through her speech.

By Ana M G C

Aug 15, 2020

The teacher was incredible and it was amazing that, aside from have full knowledge of the subjects, she was someone who lived the experiences told by herlself.

By Henrietta J

Jun 02, 2020

Bettina is amazing! Her content is straight forward. Every step of they way there is an intersectional analysis. The course should be called Intersectionality.

By Garima S

Apr 02, 2020

Informative, inspiring, impactful, great learning in terms of social justice , mass movement , feminism, gender equality and struggle of women for her rights.

By pranali j

Jul 21, 2020

Love Bettina Aptheker! I'm going to remember her and her teachings for a long, long time. Thank You so much for this Ma'am. Much love and respect from India.

By Cvitka M

Jun 11, 2020

Really well done. Bettina has a wealth of knowledge and life experience to offer her students. I really learned many thing about Feminism and Social justice.

By Zainab Y

Aug 15, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed the structure of the course. Ms Bettina Aptheker's style of lecturing including story-telling kept me captivated through-out the course.

By María J C C

Jul 13, 2020

What an amazing experience this course gave me. I learned a lot and I am left with the desire to continue learning about the incredible history of feminism.

By Maria V d V

Jul 11, 2020

Highly recommend course to all. It's only when we see all the history of feminism that we can see how much we have progressed and how much still is pending.

By Dr. G

Jun 07, 2020

It is a wonderful course. I enjoyed the lecture. The course instructor has given very insightful and informative lecture on the feminism and social justice.

By Alexandra H

Apr 05, 2020

An amazing course, very thought provoking . I enjoyed it tremendously and completed in in a matter of days and a very important course for everyone to take.

By Jenyfer G G

Oct 19, 2020

Excelente curso, ya que te enseña las luchas feministas que han pasado, y te hace ver como las mujeres estamos en una constante lucha por nuestros derecho

By Eloisa A A P

Oct 26, 2020

Really informative and engaging. My only complain is that the course was too short. I wanted to learn more. Hopefully there would be a second part to it.

By Francisca R D

Jul 24, 2020

el curso fue muy interesante, porque las clases mostraban distintas temáticas, las cuales permitían en la organización profundizar sobre distintos casos.

By Chirag K H

its great experience and it help me to grow up and its understand me to power of women and we all respect women.and give them equal opportunity like man.

By Patricia M

Apr 28, 2020

It was amazing to learn from someone who had been an integral part of the struggles she was teaching! Great content and great conversation and narrative.

By Rushali B

Jun 08, 2020

Great course and it helped me learn and reevaluate my stance on feminism and social justice, which in turn helped me on how to support the cause better.

By sila

May 23, 2020

It was an awesome course all explained by dear Bettina Aptheker. I loved the way the matters were tackled and further analyzed. Thank you all very much!