Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

301 - 325 of 843 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By Sandra P C

Aug 04, 2020

I loved it! I also loved the material from the professor to keep learning about the importance of organization and social movements all over the world.

By VISWATHI S B

Jul 30, 2020

The events and examples taken makes the course unique and also the lecturer was excellent so much I could take back from her teachings. thank you ma'am

By Megan R

Jun 20, 2020

A really excellent course. Well paced, thorough. Took lots of notes and have lots of books/articles to read now! Thank you for providing this for free.

By Marinda

May 06, 2020

Very interesting! You can learn a lot about the history of social justice movements here and everything is with a personal touch. I really enjoyed it!

By Chelsea S

Sep 12, 2020

The material covered in this course was exceptional, I wish there was part 2. Thank you for taking me on this informative journey professor Aptheker.

By R. V

Aug 29, 2020

It is a very useful course about feminism. Many courses about feminism should be delivered and other courses should be delivered about Human Rights .

By PURVA N 2

Sep 14, 2020

The speaker is very knowledgeable and explains concepts in a way that any student will easily be able to understand.

The course content it is great!!

By CECILE M

Apr 04, 2020

Bettina Aptheker is a great professor and the content is really well thought. Fascinating that she actually was close to Angela Davis! Thanks a lot.

By Pritika K

Jun 18, 2020

it helped a lot in clearing the doubts about truly feminism is about as nowadays there are a lot of misconceptions about what feminism is all about

By B S S

Jul 18, 2020

I think it was a very informative and a great course, though it was restricted to the US, it gave a greater light to the events as they happened.

By david f

Jan 15, 2020

Very interesting. Very well presented. I learnt loads and have a much greater understanding of the subject the history and present day situations

By Cynthia W

Sep 15, 2020

This was a fabulous course. It taught an old dog (part of the second wave of feminsim) new tricks and inspired her GenX daughter. Let's do this!

By Elizabeth N K

Dec 15, 2019

It's a great introductory course. I particularly appreciated the historical approach taken and the level of nuanced analysis that went into it:)

By Margaret H

Sep 22, 2020

I learned so much in this course and am grateful for what I learned and hope to apply it in moving us towards a more just and equitable future.

By Tasneem H A

Jul 31, 2020

The topics that were discussed are highly relevant in this age and era. I genuinely enjoyed all the discussions and questions that were asked.

By ANIL P

This course is structured in an extremely structured manner. It proved beneficial to me. I am thankful to the course instructor for the course.

By Anya P

The only negative point about this course is that it is too short. I would gladly keep attending Prof. Aptheker's classes for some other weeks!

By jillian i

Apr 28, 2020

Loved this instructor and learned so much in this course. I would take anything she taught. This course was incredibly engaging and insightful.

By Jennifer J

Apr 19, 2020

The professor Bettina Aptheker was incredibly easy to follow. What an insightful taste of such a deep subject. I wish it was 10 weeks longer.

By Daniela A

Aug 17, 2020

This was a very informative and very direct class. I wish there had been trigger warnings for discussions regarding sexual violence, and such.

By Manisha D N

Jun 07, 2020

This course is really very essential one in everyone's life to know the rules,laws and vital issues related to feminisn.It is really adorable.

By Sofia I G

This course was very useful. Bettina is incredible and gives a contextualized explanation in each lecture. I loved it, and recommend it a lot.

By José A C S M

May 22, 2020

I am a trans man and I try to keep learning about feminism. The course taught me about movements that I didn't know about on feminism history.

By Alejandra M T

Sep 08, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Having a feminist theory background already, this course helped me use the intersectional tool within feminism.

By Sachi D F

May 15, 2020

the course is good and learning from prof. Aptheker was an amazing experience since she had a first hand experience of the event/movements.