Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

351 - 375 of 833 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By Tasha B J

Aug 24, 2020

It was such an amazing course and helped me learn so much about the Feminist movements with its focus on intersectionality.

By Calum W

Jul 22, 2020

Insightful, powerful and thought provoking. It's really expanded my thinking on the connection between racism and feminism!

By Dr. S G N G

Apr 25, 2020

this is very good course, the way prof Aptheker make the understanding of social justice and feminism, just mind blowing.

By Karen C

Apr 16, 2019

Amazing course for having a better sense of the complexity of the feminsit movement, and to learn about interesting cases.

By Maha s S

Aug 19, 2020

I would like to sincerely thank you for this useful and interesting course. I really benefited greatly and enjoyed a lot.

By Brisa V C

Jul 16, 2020

A great course, I lear a lot a the topics were really interesting.

I wish I could have had this class in a real classroom.

By Milly M

Jul 02, 2020

I loved this course! The topics discussed, the videos, and stories shared provided insight into the history or feminism

By C d l C E

Jun 30, 2020

I really like the way they handle the theory, it was a short course but, it has the basis to introduce us to the topics.

By Gutierrez Z T B

Oct 01, 2020

It is a small course where you get a better perspective of what is happening now, the movement and when it all started.

By Rojas B P

Sep 04, 2020

Es un curso muy completo de lo que es el movimiento feminista y de lo que realmente significa, lo recomiendo muchísimo.

By Jennifer A H Z

Jul 27, 2020

Me parece un curso bastante util para las personas que participamos en los movimientos de mujeres al rededor del mundo.

By Gracemary

Jul 01, 2020

I loved this class so much. I felt passionate about the subject and lessons. And the professor was amazing, loved her.

By Yolanda J C N

Jul 24, 2019

It was very interesting to know more about the story of many movements and also about the waves of the feminism in USA.

By Dana M

Oct 01, 2020

This is an amazing course. Everybody, both women and men, should take it! And Bettina Aptheker, the teacher, is great!

By Zoha S

Jul 14, 2020

It was an amazing experience and honor to have learned the rise of feminism and me too movements by a great professor.

By Rifdah L

May 03, 2020

Thank you Professor Aptheker, I always love the way you dissect the case and materials. It's a very insightful course.

By Bea Y M

Aug 23, 2020

It's a basic course, but very empowering without letting the student lose touch with the reality of what's happening.

By Ximena O

Aug 20, 2020

Un curso que todas las personas deberían tomar. Excelente para iniciarse en el feminismo, y para conocer de historia.

By Carolina C

Sep 12, 2020

It is an amazing course that gives us a general view and content about principal happenings in the feminist history.

By Vurla P

A beautiful course that gave me insight into various issues that i was unaware of previously. I loved it throughly.

By Akshita P

Aug 18, 2020

Professor Bettina Apthekar is a wonderful teacher and her lectures are meaningful, knowledgeable, and interactive.

By SINDHU G K

Aug 18, 2020

Though I took this course up as a part of my curriculum, I truly enjoyed it. Thank You coursera and the Professor.

By Dalia A

Jul 25, 2020

I started understanding the history of Feminism in the US and the inter-relation of feminism with social justice.

By Majidah N

Jun 14, 2020

Coursera provided a great opportunity to study in an online platform on the subject feminism and social justice .

By Tessa C

Apr 30, 2020

A must do class for everyone! Easy to follow Ideas through anecdotal examples. Light effort abundant Information.