Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC
Dec 14, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM
Feb 21, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

51 - 75 of 767 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Chong F M

Oct 31, 2020

The course gave a very good high level overview understanding of Finance in general without the details and technical formulas and calculations. The instructor done a good job in explaining it clearly in the simplest way!

By Bimal S

Oct 10, 2020

Though this was a very generalized and brief version what really is to be, it has succeeded in giving me what all is there. With further interest in the subject anyone could learn more about any of the discussed topics.

By Bhumitra n

Apr 17, 2020

the course is beautifully designed for professionals working in non financial field and who wish to gain some knowledge if the field. amazing videos along with the instructor , i reallly enjoyedthe course . must take.!

By Manshu G

Apr 9, 2020

Really very much helpful in getting basic insights of finance as for a non-financial professional it is very important to get to learn concepts in a simpler manner and the instructor was fab in doing this on point.

By Danish R

Very informative and useful course. Lecture video are very good. Prof explained very well. Assignment was also very good. Gained knowledge of common topics, Finance Ratio And Valuation.

Thanks Prof and Coursera

By Salil N

May 8, 2020

Nice and lucid explanation. I learnt about basics of Finance from this course. I had no background of Finance previously, but now I think I have gained at least some knowledge of this field due to this course.

By Jhann R P

Nov 5, 2020

Exactly as course the title says it is! This course made finance a little less daunting and made it palatable for me by explaining clearly most core concepts. A bit short but is still highly recommended!

By Divya P J

Jan 12, 2019

really good. Gave a really good and necessary basic understanding. I have been really afraid of finances and accounting. But the lecture was very interesting. I can't believe I could finish this module.

By Chris C W

Dec 13, 2016

Solid foundations course to give you a good overview of accounting and finance to distinguish between the two with some understanding of the tools and methods used by each with some practical examples.

By Javed B

Aug 24, 2020

Excellent Course Covering the core concepts of Financial Accounting for Non-Financial Professional .

David Standen presentation of the course material is very impressive and clear to understand.

By Stephen R

Oct 4, 2015

Probably the single best course I have seen on finance and, by extension, accounting for those of us going in more or less clueless. It's actually an entertaining course and easy to keep watching.

By Mohamed A E H F

Jun 19, 2020

this course is very beneficial about the basic accounting principles that should be known in any work field and i really like the way of the instructor in giving the lectures, simple and funny!

By Aakanksha P

May 22, 2016

This course is very well presented and the content has been made easy to follow through the use of simple succinct language and examples that are easy to relate to. An excellent place to start.

By Andrés T R

Aug 16, 2020

I loved this course. It just gives you a brief explanation about all the main concepts regarding to accounting and finance, so you can start building new knowledge and skills from that point.

By Hari K

Aug 16, 2020

This is very good course for non financial professions ,it give us the idea of accounting equations,financial statements,pricing or costing methods and market valuation in a very simple way.

By AISHWARYA N

May 9, 2020

The course was really good and interesting. I got good hold on the basics of finance. Prof David Standen taught the course really well in a practical way. I enjoyed the learning experience.

By Vaibhav S T

Aug 27, 2017

An amazing course for someone interested in finance and entrepreneurship. The syllabus is exactly for someone who has less prior knowledge about finance which makes this course even better.

By Xeniya C

Sep 25, 2015

Wonderful course! I learned a lot of concepts with a very simple and clear language. Professor was very engaging and explained many abstract concepts with clear example. Highly recommended!

By Caio S

Sep 4, 2015

Muito útil para profissionais da área contábil brasileiros e de outras nacionalidades para aprenderem termos técnicos dentro da área de atuação. É de fácil entendimento e linguagem simples.

By Rik V

May 24, 2017

Great Course, I'm a IT Network / System Engineer and this course gave me much needed insight in the finance / accountancy 'world'. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Muhammad M S

Sep 16, 2015

I have learned a lot from this course, as there are so maney things in this course which i needed in the start of my teaching career, thanks to Coursera and Staff specially for Instructor.

By Nicole G

Aug 20, 2015

I am enjoying this class so far. It has given me a new way to look at companies and evaluate their financial stability. I look forward to taking more classes from University of California.

By David T B R

Jan 29, 2019

As someone who is not in the world of finance, this course was a quick and dirty crash course that exposed me to a good range of topics that I'm sure will be helpful in future endeavours.

By Bernard D V

May 16, 2016

A very good and quick introduction to finance and accounting for business. With this class, you will have the basis and you will know if you want to learn deeper about finance or not.

By Rohit R G

May 24, 2016

A good course for understanding the fundamental terms that I often hear when discussing issues with finance professionals. The supplementary material really helps grasp the concepts