Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

176 - 200 of 747 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By David H

Oct 23, 2019

Great review of material related to basics of finance. Highly recommend. Very well presented.

By Ahmed A

Sep 29, 2016

A very simple coarse to understand the different financial terms and its usage to the business

By Ignacio D L

Sep 04, 2017

Succinct and very well explained synthesis of finance with a practical twist. I recommend it.

By Harvey L

Sep 22, 2020

The instructor explains important and useful concepts in very simple and understandable way.

By Ashish S

Feb 02, 2019

I run a small consulting firm. This course helped me in understanding the basics of Finance.

By Wahyu W

Sep 11, 2015

It was clear and simply understandable for non-financial professionals like us. Yet, useful.

By Md L R R

Apr 20, 2018

Short but interesting course. Learned the basics of Finance. Thank you for the opportunity.

By Cesar

Aug 14, 2017

Easy to follow, great overview, enough to confidently use in general finance conversations.

By chan k m

Dec 31, 2016

Giving a good understanding on the financial ratio and how it preform in a business cycle.

By David P

Oct 21, 2016

Very well done and informative. A really good overview of finance and just what I needed.

By Dragan G

Aug 09, 2016

For the first time I really understood some stuffs that I'd never knew. Thank you so much!

By Zhang J

Dec 04, 2015

It's quick and easy, gives me an overview of finance and inspires me to want to know more.

By usama d

Sep 17, 2018

Good course help me a lot as Non-Financial Professionals in learning the things in course

By Aparna J

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent course! I learnt so much! The examples helped me understand the class better...

By Nancy S

Mar 19, 2018

Great overview; I feel much better versed and prepped for financial discussions at work.

By Alriendhy P

Jan 27, 2016

This course comes in handy for anyone without finance background and attract to learn it

By Gareth D H

Nov 16, 2015

SImple, effective and interesting for the basics of finances in the business envrionment

By Giovanni C

Jul 03, 2020

Excellent course for non-financial professionals. Good explanation with good examples.

By Nicholas G

Mar 09, 2016

Great course. Good instructor. Everything is explained in an easy-to-understand manner.

By Diana E H M

Feb 29, 2016

Great professor. All the concepts are easily explained. More courses like this, please.

By ridox

Jan 07, 2016

Give you a general conception of finance and help to understand some simple accounting.

By Edita G

Oct 18, 2020

Clear presentation of several chosen financial topics. Could cover more topics though.

By Md J A

Jul 31, 2020

it a great course and very easy to understand for the non-finance professional like me

By Christian J O L

Jul 30, 2020

Excelente Curso, me encanto! Les agradezco mucho por su aporte a la educación mundial.

By kadiatou k

Aug 30, 2020

Instructor David Standen was very thorough and easy to follow. I enjoyed this course.