Back to Financial Accounting: Advanced Topics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Advanced Topics by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will explore advanced topics in financial accounting. You will start your journey with accounting for assets with more than one-year life. You will learn in detail how firms account for fixed assets. You will then move to financing of assets and discuss accounting for liabilities. The course will continue with an in-depth exploration of shareholders’ equity. Finally, you will critically evaluate preparation, components, and analysis of cash flows statement. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Account for fixed assets • Understand accounting for liabilities • Evaluate shareholders’ equity section of a balance sheet • Understand preparation and information provided by cash flows statement This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

RR

Jan 17, 2017

The advanced topics on the financial accounting have been really an interesting journey. I have more confidence in what I do now. Looking forward to the other courses of this specialization.

GS

Jan 30, 2017

Great course for someone who has some background in financial accounting. the videos are short and precise and the concepts are explained in an easy to understand manner. Well donel

1 - 25 of 116 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Advanced Topics

By Vinay T

Jan 13, 2019

I found it very good course, covers all areas of balance sheet.

By Cornelia B

Jan 23, 2019

Briliant! I went from 0 to 100 in a month - compact, clear and meaningful. Prof Urcan is a great teacher. Do both certificates in fundamentals and advanced.

By Jose M C

Feb 19, 2019

Course is so helpful

By mohamed k

Mar 17, 2019

Good course if you want to learn more about acconting

By Anastasia T

Feb 26, 2019

Improved my confidence in the accounting areas covered.

By mustafa s a

Jan 09, 2017

Excellent course. Prof. Oktay explained very well

By Alina K

Jan 02, 2017

Great and interesting course. All the video lectures are understandable and informative. Thanks to Associate Professor Urcan!

By Bachu S R

Apr 26, 2018

Great Course

By Cesar P

Apr 21, 2017

thanks!

By Muhammed S

Dec 14, 2016

Great topics by great instructor ... exiting for future courses

By Sanzaya P

Mar 20, 2017

A nice course to lay the advance foundations in accounting and finance.

By Chris B

Jun 05, 2017

loved it very informative

By Rajendra P

Oct 20, 2016

I am confident to say that I now have better understanding of F.A.

By Allen S

Mar 04, 2018

A lot of information to learn in such shorts sessions, but I felt the info and professors delivery kept my interest and challenged my thinking.

By Benjamìn A G

Apr 23, 2018

Was a great course. Excellent material and professor. Thanks for all!

By José A S R

Jun 25, 2018

Excelente course!

By Brandon H

Jun 28, 2018

Great!

By Anuar

Jun 19, 2018

Great course! I regret that I didn't take it earlier and couldn't predict bank's default where my mother has her deposit account and now her money are frozen for some time. Also this course getting me closer to my dream and I'm very excited about it.

By Fayaz K

Jun 24, 2017

Excellent Command and teaching skills. Really learned a lot.

By Fang S

May 29, 2018

I like the case studies used in this course. Very practical.

By Abdul K O

Apr 27, 2018

I enjoyed this course!!

By haider f a a

Jul 07, 2018

thanks for all

By soumya s

Jun 10, 2018

good

By Antoine C

Nov 19, 2017

Great refresher course, thanks!

By Ahmed M