Back to Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting by IESE Business School

Financial Accounting is often called the language of business; it is the language that managers use to communicate the firm's financial and economic information to external parties such as shareholders and creditors. Nobody working in business can afford financial illiteracy. Whether you run your own business, work as a manager or are just starting your career, you want to understand financial information and be able to interact with accountants, controllers, and financial managers. You want to talk business! This course will provide you with the accounting language's essentials. Upon completion, you should be able to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision-making. More importantly, you will possess the conceptual base to keep learning more sophisticated accounting and finance on your own. Do not forget that, as with any other language, becoming proficient with accounting requires constant practice....

EN

Jul 17, 2018

The course was very interesting with a lot of real-life scenarios that made it very relatable. I will highly recommend it to anyone trying to find thier way through financial accounting principles.

TV

Apr 05, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I found the instruction very thorough. The practical applications made the concepts easy to understand and apply. The instructor was easy to listen to and follow along with.

351 - 375 of 396 Reviews for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

By Fabio A d S

Apr 26, 2017

E

By Alexis M

Jun 04, 2018

I audited this class to see how I would respond to this style of learning. I was very impressed with the content and explanation on the topic via the online video lessons. The little quizzes that popped up every so often after learning about the content were easy to understand and reinforced the lesson well. I liked the use of the stories to represent and explain the lesson as well. The only part I found a little dense was the reading assignment and examples of balance sheets. The verbiage was still pretty technical for a beginner in accounting, and the balance sheets were extensive to decipher and navigate as a beginner. I think it would have helped to have links in the balance sheet to click on so you could see an explanation as it related to the lesson for the user. Overall though, the content and format is excellent and I will be signing up for Coursera.

By Dingfei Z

Aug 19, 2017

All is great except the last part. You didn't really teach in detail for how to interpret a company's financial statements. I had to watch the last 4 or 5 videos over and over again and do some research on my own. For example, you can calculate the ROS or ROE; but what should that be to be considered "VERY profitable"? You can calculate the days of sales in inventory, but how long should that be to be considered as "good"? How much cash do you need to be considered as having a "good" liquidity? These terms are very vague. I understand that you have no problem making such judgements, since you are experienced. But I'm not. So I just can't tell these things without having a precise criteria. And many other things were vague as well. I feel like the course ended abruptly. Maybe this course needs a Week 5. So 4 stars for 4 weeks.

By Jim L

Jan 21, 2017

I thought the ideas were presented well at first and it was easy for me (a novice in the subject) to keep up. However, it ramped up for the last two weeks. I ended up doing some more research before understanding the concepts. Great examples throughout. Ultimately, challenging (therefore rewarding). I look forward to the other courses in the Foundations series.

By Mikel E

Aug 12, 2016

This is a very interesting course, I would hace liked the teacher would explain a little bit more about NOF and Operational ratios, go further on this topics and less analysisi of Balance Sheet and P&L.

But in general, great explanations and videos and completely easy to understand everything, very good examples.

By Laura A D P

Nov 05, 2017

Es un muy buen curso. Perfecto para personas que no son contadores y no buscan serlo. Con este curso logras aprender a leer estados financieros y, como su nombre lo dice, a partir de ellos poder tomar decisiones informadas. Le doy 4 estrellas porque los subtítulos son muy mejorables

By Daniel

Aug 21, 2017

The last part of interpretation of the Financial Statements is a little less accurate (or too quick) in terms of methodology, at least for a total beginner like me. In general I enjoyed the course and learned the basics I wanted to learn. Very nice!

By Dina A

Mar 27, 2017

Peer-Grading assignment is not completely fair. Depending on them is not logical since not all of them are fully educated in this course that's the reason we're taking the course in the first place. but over all it is good and the proff is amazing.

By JOVIE B L

Jul 28, 2020

The content is taught in a very simplistic manner. The texts that come under the required readings can be a little complex, however, once you clear the weekly quizzes, you'll be able to garner a firm understanding of the lessons.

By Muhammad W M

Dec 10, 2018

This course is very good and give high information about accounting and how we understand and analysis the financial position of the organization. Time frame of this course is so short.

By ADITI K

Aug 03, 2020

I am new to learn accounting. This course has helped me to learn new thing but I have faced problem in solving quizzes for week 3 and 4. I have that way was also thought.

By Rahul R S

I learn lot about the basic Accounting fundamentals .How analysis the company financial statements and find out that the company are in profit or loss .

By Felipe L

Oct 10, 2017

A well done course. The structure and the exercises throughout the semester blended nicely to create a smooth and challenging experience.

By Camila B

Aug 21, 2016

Professor was very good, easy to learn. I only do not give it a 5 because I wish accrual accounting had been discussed more at length.

By Pauline K

Aug 15, 2016

Beautifully delivered, made it easy to understand material that was new to me. I highly recommend

By Keziah T P

Aug 12, 2020

This course will help you refresh your knowledge about the basic core concept of accounting.

By Salvator O

Jun 06, 2020

Great course, challenging, but you'd learn how to make sense of financial statement

By Caio

Jul 14, 2018

I my opinion the course should have more details showing how to evaluate a company.

By Dibyayan G

May 21, 2016

This is very good course for beginners and well explained wit practical example

By Ram P

Aug 28, 2018

Nice real time examples to make the non financial guys understand. Good work !

By Daniel G

Jun 30, 2020

Me ha gustado mucho, exponen las nociones básicas de la contabilidad.

By Khurram A

Aug 17, 2018

Its good and easy to understand for every accounts and finance person

By Naseef M

Feb 08, 2020

Gives a clear idea about the basic principles of Accounting

By Ademuyiwa A

May 09, 2016

Great course learned a lot .

Great step by step instruction.