Back to Financial Planning for Young Adults

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Planning for Young Adults by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Financial Planning for Young Adults (FPYA), developed in partnership with the CFP Board, is designed to provide an introduction to basic financial planning concepts for young adults. The FPYA course is organized across eight separate modules within a 4-week window. Topics covered include financial goal setting, saving and investing, budgeting, financial risk, borrowing and credit. Because financial planning is such a personal topic, you will be encouraged to define your own financial goals and objectives while we discuss concepts and provide tools which can be applied in helping you reach those goals. Within each module, you will view a combination of traditional lecture style videos along with video vignettes that introduce financial topics for discussion among participants. The video vignettes provide a unique and exciting component to this course. Each vignette introduces a real-world scenario where financial decisions must be made and financial planning concepts can be applied. You will be challenged to think critically about each scenario and decide how you might come to a resolution if ever faced with a similar situation. Finally, the course also includes material throughout which is focused on career opportunities in financial planning, including video interviews with actual CFP® professionals and other professionals working in this exciting and growing career area. The final module in the class is devoted to the topic of financial planning as a career....

DH
Dec 20, 2020

What a wonderful introduction to financial concepts and the world of personal finance. If you take this course, you will learn something new every week and will not be disappointed!

Jun 21, 2020

I really enjoyed the course throughout its duration, the teachers are easy to understand even for a non-english (I'm Italian). I look forward to put the skills I've acquired to use!

26 - 50 of 102 Reviews for Financial Planning for Young Adults

By Simone S

By MOUSAM B

Aug 8, 2020

This course is a must needed one for the youth who is or about to get financial independency. The course structure, mentors, assessments are all of top quality.

By Lisa B

Goes more in depth with financial planning than I thought. Very detailed and very good at explaining what I previously perceived as difficult topics to discuss.

By Jon F

Jul 14, 2020

This course was so practical and useful. It covered the basics and some more complex financial topics that are essential for everyone to understand.

By Regie N

Jan 16, 2021

I love this course so much. It has an interactive way of teaching and also a very short but detailed way of delivering the necessary information.

By Keane C

Aug 8, 2020

Comprehensive guide for undergraduate students to know things needed to know on planning ahead for the future personal well-being.

By Marco A C S

Apr 13, 2020

It is a very comprehensive course! The information provided is precious for everyone having a hard time in financial planning!

By Kriti B

Nov 16, 2020

Quite knowledgeable course esp for young people. Amazed to know about the time value of money/savings.

By Mukesh B

Aug 3, 2020

Everyone must take this course, it will help in long run and will probably broaden your financial IQ.

By Chuks-Osuji C

Jul 14, 2020

It was a very good experience learning this course. The topics were well taught and I learnt a lot.

By shruti k

Apr 25, 2020

Thankyou Coursera,

This module really helped me to gain knowledge theoretically and practically.

By VIJAYARAGAVAN S L

Oct 27, 2020

a worthy course i understand and learned how to invest and how to plan my savings for my future

By Radhika K

Jun 13, 2020

very nice course. provides the basic knowledge for finance. all you need to know to start

By Syed A M

Mar 30, 2020

Very informative on getting a great start to life! Wish I did this course many years ago!

By Jasmine L

Oct 11, 2019

This course was very helpful and I learned a lot about investing on a beginner level.

By Chan C K

Nov 4, 2020

This program gives a good coverage of Financial Planning. Highly recommended.

By Faifili L

Sep 16, 2017

Found this course refreshing in terms of my current finances and investments.

By Katha V R R

May 7, 2020

This course is very helpful for youngers to make decisions regarding future

By Charles W

Jun 6, 2017

Quick, straight forward. Less boring than most online classes I've taken.

By Nikki G

Apr 1, 2018

Great introductory course with a general overview of financial planning.

By OGUNTADE I O

Jul 10, 2020

My experience throughout this course has being wonderful . Thank you

By PRAMITH C R

Jul 11, 2020

Very good and difficulty course compared to other course

By Emelita " M

Aug 23, 2020

Very helpful for young adults journey. Recommended.

By MAHENDRA S

Sep 21, 2020

Nice course It gave me a new and essential skill.

By PAURUSH K

Jun 4, 2020

high-quality study material, easy to understand