Back to Understanding Financial Statements: Company Position

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Statements: Company Position by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of financial statements with an emphasis on the balance sheet. However, to understand accounting driven financial statements, it is important to recognize that accounting is less about counting and more about measuring. “What is it that is being measured?” Well, as the course unfolds, you will learn about the three measurement questions and how the balance sheet helps to answer the first two of these questions. By touring a real company and interviewing real business people, the course describes the basic content of financial statements in a simple yet relevant context. The goal of the course is to leave a lasting impression about what balance sheet consists of and what it reveals. The next course in the Fundamentals of Accounting Specialization completes the conversation by addressing the remaining measurement question. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Describe the purpose of a balance sheet. • Define the three components of a balance sheet. • Recognize and understand the meaning of several items typically presented on a balance sheet. • Explain the broader purpose of financial statements and the role of accounting in producing the financial statements. • Read and, to some extent, interpret real-world balance sheets. If you enjoy this business course and are interested in an MBA, consider applying to the iMBA, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price offered by the University of Illinois. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

SN

Oct 25, 2017

I really enjoyed the professor's clear explanations. This has helped me understand the balance sheet, which will help me understand my current and future companies more clearly. Thanks!

BM

Aug 27, 2016

This course is a great introduction to understanding Balance Sheets and has been a big help to me in my job. I highly recommend this course and I really liked the Professor.

26 - 50 of 97 Reviews for Understanding Financial Statements: Company Position

By Beth B

Apr 24, 2017

It was very easy to follow the reading and the videos helped to answer many questions. Very informative.

By 施倩倩

May 13, 2018

pretty god course for principles of accounting. I will strongly advise this course to other students.

By Clement A

Jan 05, 2018

Excellent course. Brilliant interaction with the local community. It also inspires enterpreneurship.

By Cady

Dec 19, 2019

Very engaging video! The instructor is so clear and thorough. Thank you for this information!

By Chen P

Nov 05, 2017

The course is excellent in providing an fundamental insight into financial statement basics.

By Debbie J

Jun 27, 2018

The course was quick and too the point. The instructor made it very fun and interesting.

By David L K

Oct 26, 2016

New to Accounting-Will need some additional study-Would like to move on to the nex

By Katherine H

Aug 02, 2016

Enjoyed this course thoroughly. Very good instructor, good content, well-designed.

By sherifomrelshorbagy

Sep 02, 2017

Intersted in how instructore explain the course by using actual cases

By Shady A B

Dec 24, 2016

really its very helpful for me and helped me in my College thanks you

By Humayoon

Sep 08, 2016

It is really works to make you understand a balance sheet practically

By Shihua X

Mar 29, 2017

very good course, helps me to pick up a lot about accounting basics.

By Dr. B L C

Apr 10, 2017

Great course, nicely taught. I learned a lot about balance sheets.

By Haoyue K

Aug 29, 2016

Wonderfully designed. Clear and interesting explanation. Love it!

By Umair R

Jun 05, 2016

This Course Had Help Me in My Ramay Trade LTD Business in Rwanda

By Mustafa a

Sep 25, 2017

it is very useful course i will recommend it for my friends

By K S A

Nov 08, 2018

IT WAS BEST COURSE FOR UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENT

By Debbie J M

May 05, 2016

This will refresh my memory of what I learned and more

By Diana C

May 16, 2017

Many thanks for a very interesting and useful course!

By Cindy S

Mar 25, 2019

Educational course for multi purpose functioning

By Marjan I

Nov 07, 2017

Would give it 5 stars if test were still opened

By Alyona Z

Jun 12, 2016

It was pleasure to participate in this course.

By Fomenkova I

Aug 21, 2019

amazing professor, useful information!

By T'Yana D

Jul 20, 2017

Well organized, great job Mr Jackson.

By Julio C R R

Feb 05, 2019

Excellent, very usefull in my days.