Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

IG
Jun 23, 2021

I abolutely loved this. It has helped me tremendously in my understanding of self and setting a personal transcending purpose. And Vic, thank you for sharing your story. It made me tear up at the end.

Jun 6, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

451 - 475 of 502 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Ranjit K R

By Mallika M

Jun 21, 2020

By Piyangoon L

Feb 27, 2021

Just like quick reading a tiny must-read book. Easy, light yet essential. Bring up really good questions but might not lead to get you the answers right away after course.

The content is good for people who hasn’t been studied on this area before but very very light for sophisticated readers. Still I find this helpful in the exercises that help promote recapitulation and review of your previous/in progress purposes in life (though I’m still not get a clear answer for myself). The instructor is great. Pretty sure he has been experiencing ups and downs of life and he really knows what purposes are to life. I believe he is very insightful but the presentation comes out just only on the surface or only the light stuffs.

By Brandi L

Jul 13, 2021

Very nice course. It gave me a lot of good information and activities helped me find what I was looking for.

For some reason this still says In Progress even though I completed it. Maybe it's because I didn't pay for it, and therefore can not take the actual quiz's without upgrading to the credited paid for course. I cannot mark this course as Complete. My only options are unenroll or "continue". How unsatisfying it is to complete an entire course and not be able to mark it off your to do list. I will not unenroll (at least not for a couple months...)Hopefully Coursera will fix this issue. I took off one star for this issue.

By ABRAHAM M T

Oct 28, 2020

I AM THANKFUL TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN FOR GIVING A CHANCE TO LEARN AND SHARPEN MY UNDERSTANDING ABOUT PURPOSE AND MEANING. AS A MINISTER AND EDUCATOR I HAVE BEEN IMPARTING MORAL, SPIRITUAL, ETHICAL VALUES TO THE COMMUNITIES AROUND. WITHOUT DOUBT, ONE CAN SAY THAT, COURSERA COURSE IS A BLESSING TO THE COMMUNITY OF KNOWLEDGE SEEKERS .THANKS VERY MUCH.

REV .ABRAHAM M THOMAS

By Kelsey B

Nov 30, 2020

The ultimate goals of this course align closely with the skills I learned, and hope to use those skills for the rest of my life. The parts of the course that were about how to establish a purpose and relate it to different aspects of one's life were the best/most useful. The lectures on why purpose is important and all the benefits could have been shortened dramatically, and tended to be repetitive.

By Ramnath S K

Jan 11, 2021

Absolutely wonderful course which is in keeping with the stressful times and also for long term peaceful living beyond now. The lectures were insightful and the suggested practices easy and effective to do. I enjoyed the full course.

By Tainá R M

Aug 6, 2020

Great perspective about purpose. It is the most complete course i've seen about it. It doesn't only tells you the questions to identify your purpose, but shows the history behind the meaning of purpose.

By J. T

Dec 19, 2020

Thoughtfully presented and with good continuity -- except for the very end discussions which apparently had different themes and contexts that weren't explained, so they were exact duplicates.

By Vy H

Oct 26, 2020

To be honest, I didn't expect much from this course. But the framework that the lecturer presented: "Be goals", "Do goals" and "Action goals" is very sensible. I will apply it to my own life.

By Liza C V

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you Coursera. Thank you for the professor. Thank you University of Michigan! This is indeed a great course. We can achieve better things in life if we live with a purpose!

By Margaret W

Feb 17, 2021

This has been an amazing course, it has opened my eyes to the possibilities of what if... I can do it and a new purpose of who I am and can be .... Thanks

By Cina V

Aug 20, 2020

Great course in framing why having the right set of goals and purposes can impact the quality of your life and lead to more fulfilled and happier life.

By Tony M

Sep 13, 2020

Excellent course materials. Strecher presents extremely well; his referencing and reading lists are excellent. He is, however, extremely verbose.

By Abrar H

Jun 25, 2020

good and fun course, focusing on life and finding the purpose, you should take it if you are looking to focus more on your life and goals.

By Chua S N

Oct 23, 2020

Truly meaningful course in helping one to find the RIGHT purpose in every circle and aspects of Life to make it a PURPOSEFUL journey

By Shambavi B

Jul 19, 2020

A great course about what is purpose? How to find your purpose..and Why is it important to have a right purpose.

By Christopher D

Jun 11, 2020

Very helpful in reinforcing some of decisions that I have already made regarding my purpose in life

By ghaleb a

Jul 14, 2021

It really helps you to see life in another way and to find the reason that you will live for

By Neha R

Nov 30, 2020

Nice Course, has given on where to move & what to look for finding the purpose of life.

By Gowri P

Aug 11, 2020

a beautiful course that aims in providing us purpose and aims in our lives

must attend.

By Alejandro G

Nov 22, 2020

I loved this course. I whish it was longer. I'd like to know more about this subject.