Back to Writing in First Person Point of View

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in First Person Point of View by Wesleyan University

If you have always wanted to tell your own story—in a memoir, first-person essay, or any other form of autobiographical non-fiction—but felt you lacked the tools or the framework, this is the class for you. We will learn how successful first-person writing is structured to offer the reader a sense of propulsive motion, and is guided by a narrator who is deliberately crafted. We will explore the ways in which language can be used to create tone, so that the emotional freight of your words is as potent as the storytelling. And crucially, we will consider the writer's responsibility to the reader: the importance of being a guide who includes the reader in the sensory, emotional, and intellectual experience you mean to share through your writing....

JW

Feb 25, 2019

As a writer and a blogger I felt like I should brush up on my craft. This course was very enlightening and Ariel Levy was engaging and informative.

MW

Feb 07, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyable. Developed my writing skills beyond my expectations.

1 - 2 of 2 Reviews for Writing in First Person Point of View

By June W

Feb 25, 2019

By Liliane M

May 10, 2019

Ariel Levy's personality and passion is contagious.