Back to Create Your First Python Program

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Create Your First Python Program by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn the basics of Python programming language, and its basic syntax. Through hands on, practical experience, you will go through concepts like using the Terminal, and a Text Editor as a Python programmer, variables, functions, lists, conditional statements, for and while loops, and getting user input. You will then apply the concepts to create your first command line application to manage a To-Do List. This course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with Python programming without any prior programming experience. However, ideally, you're a competent computer user, and are familiar with basic discrete mathematics. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

1 - 25 of 135 Reviews for Create Your First Python Program

By Pawan K

May 03, 2020

This is a very good small project for whose who wants to start python programming.

I really enjoy this course.

By Sakshi B

May 12, 2020

The concepts have been taught so fundamentally and patiently that this course has taught me a lot even though I was already comfortable with Python. It is just the right project for anyone starting with python to understand the basics well.

By John F

Apr 27, 2020

A smart and well paced course for a programming novice with general computer skills. A few hours well spent.

By Sri l V

Apr 25, 2020

It helped me to recall my basics which I learned in my college,and the hands on experience was really great.

By Jay E

Great introduction to Python. I love the concept of teaching with labs/hands-on practice.

By S. U V N

May 12, 2020

Intelligible explanation, the best-suggested course for quickly learning python syntax.

By Anwar K

May 01, 2020

Owsum instruction, Hands on practice without any long speech. thanks to you .

By Monira J K

A good project to start learning python. This is also good to review basics.

By Hugh H

I found the guided project to be invaluable. The split pane works really well but the size of the instructor video can be a touch too small at times.

I liked the format of the course and the instructor was excellent.

By AVENDAÑO C G M

An excellent project for python introduction. It let you practice in order to get knowledge and confidence.

By Mathilda M B

This guided project is just right for a quick basic refresher in Python, and easy to understand.

By Badal K S

It was a great experience to have a guided Pyon programming session. It was an enjoyable experience for me to get hands-on python programming. The course was exactly of the right length and the Tutor was also able to clear my doubts easily with his simple and clear language.

By Angelina L

Overall great program, step-by-step method for learning python. However, there were gaps in between that were difficult to understand and could be better explained/have more examples shown.

By Sebastian J

Really great course for beginners to python or even to programming. The course content is absolutely more worth it than the time spend.

By SARAVANAN K

May 23, 2020

It is really a wonderful course which gave me a great idea and opinion about creating my first own python program

By Saurav j

Nice, it helped me reminding sills I learned last month. I'll try to keep working on new projects every week.

By Selvaraj D

It is really a wonderful course which gave me a great idea of creating a python program.

By NIKHIL S T

a very helpful. Thanks for the refreshing course. the concepts were well explained.

By ANAND K J

I am lucky, becuase I have learned approx Basic Python even in first time.

By Pratik M

It is a very useful tutorial for beginners to learn about loops in python.

By Mohammad Z B A

g

j

By SEETHINI H

Apr 26, 2020

it was really good to start for python from this course. Happy learning.

By Sejal A L

This course was really good. I appreciate the teaching and the guidance.

By Piyush K S

A nice hands-on learning experience for python programming beginners.

By Yohannes N K

May 07, 2020

It's simple to use and real time work out would help to understand.