Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NP
Aug 22, 2021

Very informative! Thanks for having this course free so that more people who are starting to learn about eating properply (like me) will be able to get access to authentic and legit lessons on food ;)

VI
Jan 18, 2021

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

351 - 375 of 6,647 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Diego R

Mar 8, 2021

Muy bueno este curso, da muy buena información y ayuda bastante a la sociedad a cambiar y tener un estilo de vida diferente, Ya que ese estilo de vida diferente es uno más sano para todos nosotros, Hermoso Este curso!!! Muchas Gracias A Todos! por su trabajo creando este curso! A comer más sanos FRUTAS Y VERDURAS!!!

By Victoria A J

Aug 24, 2020

Extremely informative, but also a refresher on basic common sense that we forget over time. I am extremely grateful that this class was offered on Coursera. My greatest take away was ridding empty calories and always starting my day with nutritional value. I have seen a drastic change in my body over the last month.

By Nick R

Jun 12, 2018

Very straightforward and helpful. Designed with practical simplicity in lieu of academic rigor or depth. This course does not push the envelope or engage with the front lines of contemporary nutritional philosophies. Rather, it is a helpful guide to nutritional basics and welcome reminder on everyday healthy eating.

By Shaynee G

Jun 17, 2016

This course really helped me to be aware of packaged foods which are highly processed,thus less nutritious contributing to obesity and diabetics.It was very detailed which also put a lot of emphasis about the need to be health conscious.I really appreciate it and became more knowledgeable about food.Thank you a lot.

By Mayu Y

Apr 25, 2020

The courses were easy to follow and the videos were very logical, straightforward, and understandable, even for a high school student. Although I expected the content to be very challenging (since it's from a prestigious university), I was able to complete it with any stress. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

By Olga V

Jul 31, 2019

A really good evidence-based course for general population as well as for nutritionists and other healthcare professionals. In simple words it gives the best info there is about food and food behaviour.

I would recommend to everyone. Thanks a lot, you have inspired many students to open their own nutrition schools!

By Pattamadai S

Apr 2, 2017

This was an excellent course; My sincere thanks to the instructors - Maya Adam and Michael Pollan who made the course so insightful, interesting and easy to understand / apply in our daily lives. I will surely think about food and cooking very differently and positively after this course. Thank you very very much!!

By Amanda M

Sep 8, 2020

I thought it was a good introductory course into food and health. There was a lot of useful information to get you started on the path to eating better. This day and age with all the food sensitivities, it would have been nice to seen recipes that reflect that or at least offer alternatives to things like dairy.

By Amanda M L

Jul 1, 2019

While focusing on bettering my health and nutrition these last few months I have learned a lot, this course helped to capitalize on some of those lessons. From this specific course I took away a few insightful ways to manage what my family eats, how we eat, when we eat and ways to keep enjoying the foods we love.

By dboskma

Nov 5, 2016

This has been quite an interesting course for me. I have had an interest in health and nutrition for quite some years. This was for me basically a refresher. This course was really good for that as it was complete and compact. All the info needed to learn in 4 lessons that were easy to follow. Highly recommended.

By Ayub N K

Jul 31, 2021

T​his course is very effective in today's world of processed food. I think each and everyone should know the basics of food that we take everyday to live. This course gives us a comprehensive information and ideas to understand about food and its purpose. Thanks the team that made this course an interesting one.

By Juliana G L

Jan 17, 2019

Un curso espectacular, lleno de herramientas, tips y explicaciones alrededor del tema de la nutrición y la salud que resultan muy fáciles y rápidas de entender.

Además proporciona un conocimiento que puede ser aplicado a la vida diaria, ayudando a mejorar la toma de decisiones al momento de alimentarse y mercar.

By Avril S

Nov 21, 2021

I had such fun with this course. I have just moved out at the age of 23 and was honestly so eager to kick off with good habits from the start. This course gives you fantastic fundamentals to healthy eating, and as someone who eats fully plant-based, and enjoys learning - it is definitely a course I'd recommend.

By Phub T

Jan 14, 2021

One of the most fundamental course on food and nutrition which is presented in the most effective way to consolidate your understanding on food and nutrition . It's a must attend course for anyone who not only wishes to improve their understanding on food and nutrition but also apply in their day to day lives.

By Lori S

Very informative course on healthy eating! A variety of formats used in the teaching, including lectures, interviews, workshops, makes it easy and fun to follow. The Content is Practical and useful. I enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in establishing healthy eating habits.

By Luann T

Feb 10, 2019

This course is a very basic course on nutrients and nutrition, with the added bonus of a number of easy to fix recipes and guidelines on how to shop in a grocery store. It is an overview only, but one that provides easy to understand explanations. I would recommend this to anyone starting out in this subject.

By Redfella

Jan 29, 2019

Really good presentation dealing with our attitude towards food. Provides a very digestible overview of the science and practical tips on shopping, preparation and making good food choices. Helps to destroy myths about food that are often used as excuses for not taking responsibility for one's choices. In sh

By Gurudutt K

Dec 16, 2020

Awesome course. Both Maya and Michael were fantastic. Loved the short, information packed, videos. Loved the Note feature. Quizzes were good too. Need a more indepth course too. This was truly very basic. Many thanks for a fantastic learning experience. I have started eating healthy...the proof of the course!

By Kyle H

May 7, 2020

For a beginner in nutrition this course is great! Everyone should know what they are eating, just like they should know what their health is telling them, since food can be directly tied to your health. Great beginners course, great guest, great instructor, great school, and great information. Cannot complain!

By Tamar J

Apr 7, 2019

I had very basic knowledge about food and nutrition. I hate cooking at home and think that it isn't worth spending time on... But after this course I think I revise my findings and try to eat more healthy and cook at home. I have many questions, this is basic course and recommended for starters in this field:)

By Adalis F

Jan 20, 2018

Wonderfull done, the explanation by MD Maya Adam and the observations of Tim Dang are fantastique: claire and very well ilustreted, It is so interesting to learn better how, when, where, and what to eat , if you have a general idea, with this training you will be more accure that you eat healthier and better.

By niky L

Nov 26, 2016

I'm a student form China exactly. I thought it may be difficult for me to learn in English originally, but illustrated with the lively and vivid cartoon, the course is more efficient and thorough to understand. Anyway, thanks all who provide such a exquisite and meaningful course for us to learn about. Thanks.

By Maria I V

Jan 20, 2016

I really enjoy the course. I learn a lot of things about food that i didn't know.

On the other hand I realized I was wrong about the amount of food we eat , the portions and the way of thinking about food.

It's a very interesting course, the material is very clear. I enjoyed very much!!!

Greetings from Colombia

By JHEZICA A B

May 3, 2020

Es un curso básico pero muy completo, un viaje introductorio con tips esenciales para mejorar estilos de vida y aproximarnos a opciones más saludables. Me reconforta saber que voy por buen camino en mi relación con loa alimentos sin caer en compras potenciales de alimentos orgánicos y que cuestan mas dinero.

By Meghan E

Apr 21, 2020

Maya's videos at the end were a great way to reinforce the idea that WE are in charge of what food goes into our bodies. And also, the foods don't need to be super glamorous or fancy, tasty and nutritious do not have to be opposites! Great introductory course to learning about how to fuel our bodies. Thanks!!