Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Aug 27, 2019

351 - 375 of 5,153 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Daniel N G Y

Feb 25, 2016

I am 25 years old, and 6 month ago I went to the cardiologist because I was having high blood pressure. Since then I tried to change my eating habits, but choosing which foods to eat became a task that I didn't know was so hard. With this course actually became a lot easier. Thank you!

By Tharun K R B

Jan 23, 2016

This course changed the way I think about food. I became more informed about the choices of food in my daily life. I respect the views of Dr. Maya Adam and Mr. Pollan on cooking. It is a really short course and I have already recommended this course to several of my colleagues at work.

Feb 16, 2020

I absolutely loved doing this course. I learnt so much about nutrition. I learnt the importance of consuming real food, the after effects of consuming processed foods, the benefits of cooking and eating home cooked meals and most importantly, the significance of eating in moderation.

By Jo K

Sep 30, 2018

Full of eye-opening and helpful information presented in a clear, positive way. I've already changed my eating and shopping habits for the better with very little effort and the video recipes are wonderful. I hope Maya has a YouTube channel or something! Thanks for a fantastic course.

By Ruchi D

Sep 20, 2020

This Course is really good for someone like me who knows very little about food and it's nutrients. It provides all the basic information regarding food which you need to know staring from all basic components of food to how to create healthy food habits. Enjoyed learning new things.

By Jan S

Oct 05, 2020

Browsing through the simple and entertaining course allows a student to dig in the general topic of nutrition, food and health. For a person like me - a semi-pro gym attendant, young student who wishes to eat and steer his life in a healthy and conscious way - this course is a must!

By Nicoleta D

Sep 11, 2019

The course was very well presented and it helped me realise the importance of home cooked food in relation to health. The recipes presented in the last week of the course are amazing, and this is a great way to help the students actually apply what they learned during the course. :)

Jan 20, 2018

Sensible, informative, not overly complicated with practical tips that act as reminders and inspiration. You are helped to know just what to do. The added aspects of background music, interviews and recipes made in a real kitchen by a real mom made the course so much more enjoyable!

By Ashish K

May 08, 2020

The way of teaching is quite easy and the language is easily understandable.. The way of presentation of any topic is quite good. I have learnt Food and the nutrition along with the health perspective of all the units operations of any food material from raw form to the end product

By Jossie L

Jul 02, 2017

Great introduction to nutrition and how to stay healthy through a balanced diet. One of my favorite parts was about how to plan meals starting with the vegetables, and how to shop at the grocery store to avoid processed foods. Very easy to understand and follow even for a busy mom.

By Astrid S

Mar 27, 2016

I really enjoyed this course - the recipes at the end are very nice, even though, gluten free is rather unnecessary, as only a very (very) small group of people actually need gluten free diets. But I liked the other content of the course very much.

Thanks for explaining and sharing.

By Lucas d S d L

Apr 16, 2020

A complete course, full of scientific evidences, clear language and with objective speech. It worth each second watching the videos and learning from professionals of the health area. I will try each one of the recipes from the last week section, they seem delicious and practical!

By Carlos d l R

Apr 12, 2020

Aprendes demasiado sobre como identificar las comidas que son sanas y las que no lo son, te ayuda a saber las proporciones de ingesta de comida que debes de ingerir, me sirvió mucho ya que así aprendí a identificar las proporciones y saber lo que hacen mal las comidas procesadas.

By Rajalakshmi

Dec 12, 2018

It was really a eye opener to the way we can change our view towards home cooking and food choices which may ultimately gift us a healthy life. I want to make my friends watch this and understand the beauty if food and health and how we can actually control it for our own benefit

By Elida Y J

Sep 15, 2020

Fantastic!

The class is giving me a better understanding about how to eat better and also give me options for healthy and fun alternatives for a better eat.

The class explain very well how easy we become unhealthy, when we think we are eating the right food.

Fantastic ! thanks!!!

By Millie R J

Oct 23, 2016

Before i began this course, I have been studying food and nutrition since i was 13 years old. this course has helped me so much, The quantities and what foods to start a meal with, it has made my life a lot simpler. For those interested in food and health this is a great course.

By Ana L

May 06, 2020

An amazing, simple and impactful course. In a world of information where learning about food can seem overwhelming, this course gives you the guidelines to redesign your eating habits. I am going to put it to practice right away! My only add would be more vegetable recipes :)

By Lilla N

Dec 23, 2017

This was my first course at Coursera and I found it very enjoyable, informative and it had an easy-to-follow structure. It was good to learn about somehing which is part of our everyday life, and it makes me more conscious when I cook or do the shopping. Thank you very much!!

By Maria J

Oct 25, 2020

Hello, thank you for the opportunity to study, in this course I learned how great is the influence of corporations on the food industry, and how serious is the topic of healthy food. The most difficult thing for people nowadays is to control the quality and quantity of food.

By Hugo J A F

Oct 13, 2016

Great experience! This course is really well structured. It have short but very objective lessons with really good take home messages. Easy to understand, and no time consuming. Congratulations to the organizers, specially to Maya Adams. I recommend this course to every one.

By Patricia S A

Apr 08, 2016

I really like this course. For me, it was a good introduction to know how to eat properly and how I should combine my food. The way Maya teach is clear and close, and you can understand and assimilate easily the concepts. Also, the videos of the last lesson are very helpful.

By Gilleon C

Oct 27, 2020

It's my first course with Coursera "Stanford Introduction to Food and Health" and I must say it was very detailed, informative and quite an awesome course to complete.

I will definitely recommend this program to anyone who is interested in learning more.

I thank you kindly.

By Diann E

Apr 19, 2020

Already made positive changes to what I eat as a result of this course. The interviews with Michael Pollen were great. The whole course served as a great reminder about getting back to the basics and with social distancing during COVID-19 it’s a perfect time to eat at home!

Feb 16, 2017

Excellent course! It is a very useful and helpful course. i learned a lot of new thinks of food we consume every day. And get a new way to look at your food, to love it not fight it. As a med student i want to thank you for your efforts to help us eat healthy and be healthy

By Sara M

Aug 19, 2016

I think that course is so useful ,, it helps me understand more about food ..the most thing i like about it is the great videos form as it gives me info in an interesting way avoid learners to get bored and frustrated with the info ,, it goes easy and smoothly so 5 rated ..