Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

4251 - 4275 of 5,147 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Trang H M

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful for me to enrich my knowledge about how to maintain long term health. In addition, I spend a little time a day to join this course so it really suitable for people who are busy

By Melissa D

Mar 01, 2020

Great introductory course that has helped me think about the food I consume, and what I need to do to adapt my diet to ensure I am eating for health and limiting the amount of processed foods in my diet.

By Amanda M

Nov 07, 2017

This class was a good introduction for people who are looking to make healthier eating habits. It did not provide as much education as I would have liked it to but number of course hours, it makes sense.

By Rui Z

Jul 01, 2019

It is simple and could be helpful for people who do not have much knowledge about healthy eating. It was too easy for me. But I enjoyed learning some simple rules which I could share with other people.

By Akiko N

Jul 05, 2020

This course was a good review of general health and nutrition with added information. The quizzes seemed unproductive since the answers were obvious where I did not have to read much of the questions.

By Patricia B

Jun 26, 2019

This course builds a good foundation and specialised knowledge in food and health. I would have liked to build skills by solving real-world problems through case studies and practice weekly exercises.

By Antonio P D

Jun 17, 2019

Though It's a very (very very) basic course, it provided clear information, which acts as a kind of wake-up-call for not abusing on processed foods. I'll definitely adjust my diet based on it. Thanks!

By Aaron B

Aug 23, 2017

I know supplements and vitamins were not necessarily recommended as opposed to healthy foods, but they didn't really cover the scientific reasons why not. I would like more information on this topic.

By Megha M

Aug 23, 2017

This course helped me a lot in order to understand about the importance of planning a good meal. It would be even amazing to have recipes at the end that more vegan and also without the use of sugar

By Joe M

Feb 13, 2017

Decent course. I really liked the instructor -- very well spoken, and the interviews were interesting. I would definitely take another course with this instructor. Course was pretty short, and easy.

By Raul J R G

May 06, 2019

I found it really enterteaning. I would have liked a little bit more info about healthy cooking and basic recipes. Maybe some tips and tricks and so on. Overall really good, short and to the point.

By Maggie L

Sep 24, 2018

the course is simple and understandable for a freshman interested in food and health. The recommendation is that it would be more wonderful if the course talk more about different culture of foods.

By Tzvi S

May 11, 2017

This is a great course for those interested in learning more about what goes on their plate and how to make it healthier. There are some very interesting insights about how we view food culturally.

By Gisela L T

May 02, 2020

Me parecio un curso sencillo e interesante, me faltaria un poco mas de informacion de como estan compuestos los alimentos y me hubiese gustado que el examen estuviese tambien en español, gracias

By Vani S

May 05, 2020

i think it was an amazing course. it will help you value home cooked food a lot more .well i did understand a lot of things in here and ofcourse not to forgot the importance of home cooked food.

By Aakanksha C

Jul 03, 2018

It was very informative. Though it could have included more topics related to beverages like green tea, black coffee, or about metabolism, different types of fruits and nutritional value of each.

By Juan G

Jul 10, 2017

It was a good learning experience, I do wish it was more in depth with regards to meal planning and grocery shopping. But i guess I'd have to talk to a nutritionist directly with regards to that.

By Carolina D L R E

May 21, 2018

The course is such a good way to start into the health life for those who are interested in healthier food. The videos and the information are clear and easy to understand. I totally recomended.

By Erika F D

Oct 24, 2020

The information in the course is useful to people who know nothing about nutrition. if you are looking for a course on nutrition is probably you already know all the info given in this course.

By Aiaze M

Feb 13, 2016

Good course, easy to follow and informative. I regret that the content was so basic, I would have loved more depth particularly when the instructor is so knowledgeable and such a good speaker!

By Istvan F

Dec 17, 2019

Quick and Helpful really good course if you want to improve your food lifestyle !

I just think that it was lacking a few scientific explanations but beside that it is 100% worth your time !

By Victoria M

Jul 01, 2020

The course is useful, I’d recommend it. Didn’t like gluten free crepes recipe. Nuts would add several times more calories and Nutella has palm oil, surprised to see it in Maya’s kitchen.

By Debbie M

Feb 02, 2016

Interesting to learn about the modern US diet and why it doesn't work. I thought it was a great intro course on benefits of eating at home but more important eating meals cooked at home.

By Julia B

May 08, 2020

Was truly an introduction to food science. If this is not a topic you've engaged with before, this is a really easy place to start learning and thinking about what you put in your body.

By nidhika j

Jul 06, 2020

it was a good course with lot of information about the kind of food to eat and the quality and quantity of food. but u should incease the eggless veg receipes u were showing in week 5