Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE
Jun 21, 2018

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

4276 - 4300 of 5,265 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Pan C T

Jan 4, 2017

This Course is useful and practical for all the students and people would like to know the detail of food and health. Actually, after finishing this course, I have a stronger interest in food than before. If the lecturer can give us more information about this area, that would be better.

By Pam L

Aug 9, 2016

Everything I learned or relearned fit with my knowledge of food and food systems with one glaring exception: I am a strong supporter of organic standards and regenerative agriculture. Therefore, I would be unable to recommend vegetables and fruits regardless of their pesticide residue.

By Jana R

Jan 20, 2016

I would have loved to get more information. Addtional readings, forums to share ideas and recipes, projects etcs about food, health and nutrition. Maybe homework would increase our knowledge! Some paper as final assignment would be helpful.

Thanks for the course and enjoy your meals :)

By rishitha t

Aug 17, 2020

This course has enabled me to understand what a healthy diet exactly mean. Videos are pretty good and instructions are very easy and acceptable way to implement. Cook recipes are very helpful in day to day lifestyle. Special thanks to Maya Adam, Professor Pollan and Stanford team.

By Kara G

Jun 10, 2020

It was a very beginner course and more designed as instructive rather than educational. If you are health-conscious and want basic tips on how to become healthier then this is the course for you.It is not time-consuming or difficult and I finished the entire course in under a week.

By Karlee J

A really great class to learn the general rules of what are healthy choices and what are not. I feel that during the COVID-19 pandemics, because people are inside more, they are potentially cooking more, so learning what are the best choices in making these dishes is very helpful!

By yasemin i

Oct 20, 2019

The course was good for a beginner, nevertheless I found it too repetitive about eating plant based and not consuming processed foods. I wish it had more explanations about nutrients effects on health (macro/micronutrients) and the overall effect of food on health besides obesity.

Sep 26, 2017

A very nice and interesting course. Too bad the recipes aren't to download, but good that there are so many subtitles in so many languages so you can just write it down yourself and look the ingrediants up even if you didn't have English as your mother tongue. Thank you very much.

By Rini S

Nov 21, 2016

First things first, I am really glad that I 'stumbled' over this course. I got to know a lot about what to eat and how calories are not everything we ought to be looking for. After this course, I have come to know that I've been reading the nutrition labels wrongly all my life.

By Tristan I

Feb 3, 2020

The course was very helpful. Since this is an introduction, I finally get a good intro to food and health. It is great. However, it needs some more reading and probably more questions in the tests to make it better. All in all, very great class and I recommend joining it.

By Rochelle S

Apr 25, 2020

I certainly enjoyed, this course. I found the information you have prepared valuable. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants/needs to gain insight knowledge and a better understanding about Food and Health. Hope to study here again in the future.

My rating 4.7

By Viviana G

Apr 18, 2020

Great course! Loved it and am thankful to have been able to complete it. This is where I first began to really understand nutrients. I would like to see an updated version as in 2020 there is more information that would be relevant and useful in this course syllabus!

By Livnat B

Feb 27, 2016

The course was informative, condense to be easily understood, and was well done. I left the course eager to learn how to cook!

I think the course could have demanded / pushed the students a little more to think about this deeper.

I am excited to try out the recipes!

By Taheera A

Oct 23, 2020

Simple and easy to follow course that gives you the basics that you need in order to make healthier choices when it comes to food and shopping. It gives you the general knowledge needed in order to make informed decisions when it comes to buying and preparing food.

By Shannon H

Jan 23, 2016

Michael Pollan is wonderful! Great fundamental tips. Music can be distracting. Maya's speech is a bit slow...Pollan's pace was stronger. Visuals were clean and easy to digest. Content was succinct and memorable. Appreciated the brevity of the videos. Thank you.

By ankur s

Apr 9, 2020

I got a good basic insight abot food and eating habits. The way Maya makes her receipes is too orgasmic. I mean she has taken cooking and eating healthy to a new level of awareness. Overall a good course to study the concepts of food, nutrition and health. Thanks.

By Michelle B

May 11, 2018

Great, very short, introduction to health. A very good starting point. I would love to learn a lot more, but I think this is something you can go through in an hour and take something away from. Would not pay for this certificate, but would still recommend taking!

By p u

Jun 9, 2020

very useful as an overview for beginners who have very less idea on nutrition. but i wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to gain expertise in diet planning ( for themselves or other). its very basic and helps bursting some common myths and misconceptions.

By Mitch B

Jan 30, 2016

Great information, but in some instances I would have liked to see the course delve a little deeper into the topic. This was a minor concern however, overall it provided the information that mattered, and did so in a simple and "easy to digest" manner. Well done!

By Julia S

Jul 24, 2017

A pretty good course for beginners, or for those who simply wanted to be more educated on food and nutrition for the daily person. It is a little simple for those who have approximately a high school level knowledge of biology, but nevertheless, contains good ti

By Charl l R

Apr 7, 2019

Very simple yet informative course to familiarize yourself with the basics of nutrition. It really gives you the opportunity to also think about what you put into your body, and gives you the knowledge necessary to make better decisions regarding your own diet.

By dv

May 7, 2020

I already knew most of this, but it is very helpful and I like the easy A.

It's nice to have an easy course once in a while and it will still look good on a resume.

And it's nice to have what you already know reinforced. Though I do wish it had more content.

By Victoria A R

Jun 11, 2017

El curso me pareció muy interesante y dinámico. Preferiría que en los cuestionarios pusieran preguntas de mayor reto y omitieran las que verdaderamente no tienen ningún sentido.

Felicitaciones! Me encanta coursera y me inscribiré a otro curso.

Gracias y saludos.

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

this amazing and useful course is a great opportunity for everyone to really know more about food and how to improve the quality of it for a better health with amazing and very easy and useful explanation. it was really great opportunity to take this course