Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

CS
Aug 26, 2019

4326 - 4350 of 5,270 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Affan E

Mar 19, 2020

It was a very helpful course for me as i am becoming a nutritionist. Getting new ideas and ongoing things in nutrition was a good thing to learn. It is a course filled with knowledge and practically how things are in the world.

By Pranav A

Jun 19, 2020

It was a nice and short course. Really informative. looking forward to some more detailed courses ont the subject at NO COST!

But still, Thankful for this one.

P.s. The presenter Ms. Maya Adam has a great, pleasing personality.

By Harsimranjeet S

Apr 8, 2020

I really enjoyed the coarse and it help me to understand the needs of nutrients in food. It encourages to eat home cook meal over fast food. It explains the process in detail to avoid the fast food and follow healthy routine.

By Aya A

Nov 11, 2020

For an introduction to nutrition, it gives me the basics on how to eat and which is better for me to buy from the supermarket, it also introduces how to avoid long term health problems that associated with what we eat daily.

By DrAmrita B

Feb 20, 2020

This course says it ,the way it is.The food concepts are explained simply and cooking tips at the end made it a complete course.Only one tip I feel needs work.Some more recipe without eggs and definitely skip the nutella!

By Elizabeth R F

Nov 28, 2018

El curso es genial, realmente es un complemento para las personas que llevamos estilo de vida saludable, y las recetas estuvieron bien, aunque me hubieran gustado también su versión vegana, aunque ya me la puedo imaginar.

By Anjaney S

Jul 9, 2017

Great learning quick and easy to understand for adults and specifically where both the partners are working and facing challenges related to food, cooking and diet(healthy eating). Thank you Stanford and Coursera teams.

By jack o

Mar 16, 2019

I have learned some basic rules to follow in order to stay healthy. For example, go for substitutions instead of elimination. Eat in moderation, eat real food and mostly plants. Trans fats should be avoided entirely.

By Chukwuedo J

I am so in love with this course, and it thought me lots of things more about healthy living and diet, i will love to be a dietitian and also talk to people about the things they take into their body.Thanks Coursera

By appaji

Jul 25, 2017

very good course for a basic understanding of food and nutrition.Learned a lot from this short series of videos.

But the information is very basic, not for career advancement, wish to see an extension of this course.

By samipta s

May 27, 2016

It's a good course, I wished it was a paid course with a certification (a diploma) with more number of lectures that one can study in his or her part time upto one year. Dr Maya, your teaching style is excellent.

By Lauren S

Jul 13, 2017

I think that this course is a great way to begin learning all about health and nutrition, the only flaw I have found in it is their use of hard to understand scientific terminology and their lack of explanation.

By Josephine C U

Jan 21, 2019

This course helps you to understand correlation of food and health. Not only helps us to eat healthily but this course also gives several recipes to try. Have delicious and healthy meal is all we need isn't it?

By Malti Q S

Jan 29, 2018

This course is a great way to get the year started in the right way. It's simple enough for anybody to understand without leaving any of the important information out. It's a lot of fun and it's easy to follow.

By Aubrey X

Mar 9, 2019

Very informative and accessible. The lectures are straight-forward and the concepts are vividly portrayed. Suitable for beginners who just want to get a sense of food nutrition and the quizzes are really easy.

By Dimitri A

Apr 7, 2020

The information shared in this course is very basic, and most probably as a European or an Asian you will not learn much. However, the quality of the videos, animations and interviews is on a very high level!

By salman R

Sep 20, 2017

Very good course, provides appropriate amount of information on nutrition needed, not so much to become a professional nutritionist but just enough to understand the right kind of diet to lead a healthy diet.

By Carmen M

Aug 16, 2017

The course provides very useful information and a basis for starting to live a healthier life. It is explained quite clearly and concisely. It is very short though. would enjoy going deeper into the subject.

By Debry W

Feb 10, 2016

Information: excellent

Visual aids: beautiful but sometimes tedious and repetitive, sometimes unpredictable, more creative ways of visual aids can help understand and remember better.

Overall excellent course.

By Cornelis J K

Dec 7, 2018

If you are considering this course just know that it is a lifestyle guide and not a course on Nutrition in of itself, which is my fault as i did not know that when i was going into it but still pretty good.

By Lexie K

Mar 31, 2017

High quality videos make this course entertaining as well as educational. Even if you have a basic understanding of nutrition, this course contains good information that will make you thirsty to learn more.

By Mauricio D A C

Jan 29, 2016

Its a good and simple intro. the the very important world of eating healthy, ergo being happy.

I would complement it with Michael´s Pollan book "In Defense of Food".

Excited to continue my learning journey...

By Andrea R V

Jul 17, 2017

Es un muy buen curso para aprender sobre la importancia de la alimentación balanceada y su impacto en la salud, aprendí mucho de las clases y también de los interesantes talleres de cocina. Muchas gracias!

By Trang H M

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful for me to enrich my knowledge about how to maintain long term health. In addition, I spend a little time a day to join this course so it really suitable for people who are busy

By Melissa D

Mar 1, 2020

Great introductory course that has helped me think about the food I consume, and what I need to do to adapt my diet to ensure I am eating for health and limiting the amount of processed foods in my diet.