Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NP
Aug 22, 2021

Very informative! Thanks for having this course free so that more people who are starting to learn about eating properply (like me) will be able to get access to authentic and legit lessons on food ;)

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

151 - 175 of 6,439 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Katia N

Jul 4, 2020

I could not have found a better course considering what I was looking for. I learned so much about healthy habits, how the food industry works, how with a few essential ingredients you can make a diverse menu and how to buy my products. I am very satisfied with the way this course has been made, loved that parts of it is Maya Adams talking, others interviewing Michael Pollan and others have pictures which are super easy to follow. Thank you so much for all I have learned!

By Diana M C L

Sep 7, 2016

This has been an excellent Course. The content itself is very clear and gives you an enormous background about food and eating habits, although is focused mostly in the western diet in USA I think that at least in America continent an other parts of the globe eating habits are similar, Public health is a great concern and I think that in this way we should change completely our habits and stop eating processed food. Congrats Stanford University more courses like this one.

By pavan k

Jun 15, 2017

This course guides us how to think while buying products in grocery store. I learnt that we should look at food as mixture of Colorful vegetables, healthy fats, whole grains.....not as mixture of Nutrients (I always get baffled with their chemical names). Maya Mam explained it in so easy way, she made me look the other side of products which they (some companies) claim as "Nutritional foods". This course helped me to get rid of some doubts I had about Supplement foods.

By Harshit B

Mar 6, 2018

Maya Adams, MD and Michael Pollan have explained the rules of healthy food in such a simple and non-scientific way so that every one can understand the fundamentals. These basics if followed consistently can change our lifestyle from the growing obesity to a modern healthy and fit person. The efforts of the course contributors needs to be appreciated for not only the concept but also the presentation. This is a much recommended course on food, health and fitness!!

By Supriyo D

Jul 4, 2021

I had signed up to gain some insights that would help me in one of my projects. What I ended up is gathering priceless information about Food, Health and Nutrition that goes much beyond and touches my own health. Ms Adam and Prof. Pollan had been simly extra-ordinary in expressing and explaining their view points and narrate the course content. I must say this course is a "must" for everyone. If you miss this, you have missed something you should not have missed.

By eduardo c

Oct 19, 2020

This is, for me, an extraordinary course on food and health. Clear concepts, easy tips to improve health by changing feed habits reinforcing the healthy ones as well as clarifying and warning about unhealthy. I liked very much course presenters always going straight to the point in each presentation. In summary, short, concise, wise and friendly, that is my qualification for it. Congratulations and thank you very much. I do not hesitate to strongly recommend it.

By zory D C

Aug 26, 2020

Everything was interesting. I have a little confusion about sugar. I know it is better not to consume refined sugar, in some recipes Dr. Adam uses, probably if she says what substitutes will be more beneficial than sugar, it will help a little bit more. Other than that, I love the way she and Michael Pollan explained everything about food, and I also love her voice, sweet and determined. I am very grateful I found this web page to learn more from the best source.

By Naira B E

Nov 21, 2019

Me parece un muy buen curso básico sobre nutrición y alimentación, que permite a todos ser mas conscientes de lo que comemos. Como estudiante de nutrición me parece interesante las estrategias que se indican para que todos tengan una alimentación saludable dando pequeños pasos. Finalmente, me parece excelente que el curso este enfocado en todos los componentes de la alimentación tales como variables sociales, económicas, personales, disponibilidad, entre otras.

By LilWritingHood M A

Sep 26, 2020

Overall I found this course very educational and helpful. I want to become a nutritionist or dietician however classes don't start until next year. while covid has been happening I noticed all of my family including myself were starting to gain weight. Unfortunately places such as parks and gyms being closed makes it harder to get up and move but I think this course will have a very helpful role in helping me change my families eating lifestyle for the better.

By Lori R

Feb 16, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and shop the perimeter of the store. However, I am not instituting the 1/2 vegetable plate real estate rule yet. Right now they comprise a smaller portion on the plate. I found the grams of sugar converted to teaspoons helpful. I will share this knowledge with my family. Thank you for a wonderful course. I enjoyed the instructor and will look for others she might teach in the future.

By Anya H

May 5, 2020

I have successfully completed this course and it is one of a kind. It zeroes in on daily struggles pertaining to food and nutrition for the average person. This course not only simplified the complexities behind macro nutrients, it also focused on breaking down the jargon on nutrition labels - two things I had found confusing, until now. The quality of the videos is aesthetically pleasing and the lectures are engaging, and fascinating to say the least!

By Raeva I M

May 2, 2020

This course helped me to understand what the health is. Before I started it, I followed my intuition. Now I can make sensible decisions at supermarket. I got the point that the art of moderation is much better than simple elimination. Also, I am pleased to practice my English.

I want all people to watch it. Unfortunately, most of us are cynical about FOOD (not highly-processed part of it), especially in Russia. It inspires me to continue my education.

By Louie K

Thank you!!!!!!!!Thank you for your excellent course! I learned a lot, I learned that I eat wrong. You've been very helpful! I have acquired knowledge and skills that have helped and will help me in the future. In the future, I'm going to work as a nutritionist. I don't know if you'll answer me or not, but I have a question. Will there still be videos with recipes? can I watch them whenever possible and prepare meals at my home? Thank you again!!!!

By Carol M

Aug 26, 2017

While the information in this course is introductory, it was nice to see a nutrition course that focuses more on food choice than calculating nutrients. The information was well presented and easy for someone like me with a non-science background to understand. The amount of coursework was perfect since my motivation was personal learning and I have a full-time job. I would love to see follow-up courses since this piqued my interest to know more!

By Lady S V

Feb 3, 2016

I am a pharmacist and I'm recommending pharmacists too to enroll in this course. Yes, it is true that I myself am into reviewing the Nutritional Values of every item I shop and often compare one against another brand. But this course changed my mind. Thank you Maya for sharing this. Mothers, wives, and health care practitioners must do this firstly and make themselves healthy first before making a difference to another's health. Have a great day!

By Mario A T C

Feb 2, 2021

Maya and Michael shared really important information, in the way they explain they gave me really useful insights that I will use in my work performance every day.

Maya's recipes are great; all of her dishes and the way she cook and bake them are excellent. I loved seeing the gluten free dishes.

The jury of her gastronomic dishes made up of her three children was an excellent idea,

Thank you very much.

It was an honor to participate in this course.

By Beatriz L

May 1, 2020

This course is very useful for people who want to begin caring for their health. I do care for my health and that's why I already had most of the advice given in the course. However, attending this course has aided me in many ways. Not only the course has helped me with becoming familiar with nutrition vocabulary (because I'm Spanish) but it also has given me the motivation to keep and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Thank you so much, professors!

By Rodrigo C

Oct 15, 2016

There very few things today that can set you mind apart and take your soul to full realization of an actual truth.

The topic and approach, but more than that, the clear personal commitment of Doctor Maya Adam, make this course an impactful experience and a real catalyst for change in your life, i felt it, and i want to live now by this value.

I want health for me and for my family specially my children, and i want to live long for them.

Thanks Maya

By MIRNA M D S M M

Dec 7, 2020

Me ha parecido un curso muy enriquecedor ya que ne ha oermitido conocer y comprender los elementos que debo tener presente para tomar mejores decisiones al momento de seleccionar los alimentos que son realmente nutritivos de los que no lo son, igual me parecieron muy utiles las estrategias que proponen para mejorar los habitos alimenticios con el fin de tener mejores condiciones de salud y por ende una optima calidad de vida. Muchas gracias.

By Carol S

Apr 30, 2018

This course will go over basic nutritional factors everybody should know. I really enjoyed it. I am currently considered obese, and tend to get my back up with a lot of people and their suggestions about my diet. This course offers a friendly look at the health risks, and what you can do about it. The course was well laid out and informative. I loved all the recipes at the end too. It was also very easy to understand and really well presented.

By Rick W

Feb 11, 2016

I thought this was a terrific tutorial on the practicality of eating healthy. It's one thing to be concerned calorie intake and understand the nutritional differences between protein, carbs and fat. It's another thing to become knowledgeable about real vs processed food. I really hadn't thought much about that. I will be looking at a lot more ways to eat plant-based and fresh foods. I would recommend this course to everyone I know. Thanks!

By Sabera P

May 11, 2018

It was a beautiful experience. The language, the content and the rationale behind this course was so easy to follow. i feel nourished just by doing this course. Thank you for these valuable bits of information towards leading a more healthy lifestyle. I will share the knowledge on to my husband who is a diabetic and aso inculcate the 'pearls of wisdom' with my 3-year old angle as we cherish the meals that we enjoy together in the evenings.

By swatigrover

Dec 9, 2018

Excellent course. This course is a reminder that health is wealth and good food is the route to good health. And therefore, we cannot outsource this work to large manufacturers of processed food or restaurants for that matter. We need to take charge of what we eat, how we eat and how much of it we eat. And fad diets are maybe convenient ways of reaching some goals in the short term but in the long run they are harmful for our well-being.

By Bibiana O O

Apr 29, 2019

Han sido excelentes momentos de reflexión sobre los hábitos alimenticios y cómo estos contribuyen con el bienestar general de la salud, tanto individual como de la familia.

Adicionalmente, me perimitío apreciar mi tierra natal, que a pesar de vivir en un país de tercer mundo, como es Colombia contamos con una diversidad en frutas, verduras, hortalizas, que propicia una sana alimentación.

Estoy muy agradecida con lo que estoy aprendiendo.

By Kevin R

Feb 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course. I am a little disappointed that there wasn't more videos on cooking lol I did get a lot of information from this course. I wonder if it is possible to make a level 2 course or something (although I am not sure how that would be) for people that want to take it to the next step.

Thank you for taking the time to make this course available to everyone. I am definitely going to refer this course to family and friends.