Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Jun 21, 2018

226 - 250 of 5,473 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Sarah A A

Nov 20, 2019

I enjoyed every single lecture, it graped your attention from the first minute to the last one, they break down the lectures in small parts , with great picture , videos , and talk.

Really smart and nice work

I love what I learned and I am applying them. I may listen again to this lectures in the future , just to help me to stay in the right track on my diet.

Thanks

By Kamaldeep s b

Aug 3, 2020

Hello, this course made me clear about fundamentals of real food we should eat in our daily life. In order to stay healthy focus on choosing right food ingredients which can support human body for long run. Well organised syllabus with multiple examples gives you clear understanding of the course layout. i am very much thankful on having this certification course.

By Charlie W

Aug 10, 2019

Great introduction and clearly laid out and informative. Would be fantastic if you could do a course that delves further into the biochemistry of all nutrients and how they work in our body. The science behind nutrition. Understanding exactly what happens to nutrients in our body would be fascinating and easier to digest my nutritional knowledge. Forgive the pun.

By Mitzi N H P A

Jan 27, 2019

Aprendí algunas cosas nuevas en cómo aprender a cuidar mi forma de alimentarme a mí y mi familia. También aprendí algunos tips sobre cómo realizar las compras en el supermercado, leer correctamente las etiquetas de los productos empacados y a realizar mejor los horarios entre semana para procurar comer más en casa y menos en restaurantes y en lugares de la calle.

By Amy

Aug 19, 2019

It is a great course in which I have learned a lot. The lectures are easy to understand and they have answered many questions that we might be wondering when looking at food labels and seeing various food advertisements. The suggestions they give during the course are also very practical and helpful, since keeping fit is a goal that everyone wishes to achieve.

By Wendy J P

Nov 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very easy to understand and educational. I learned a lot of info here that I had always had questions in my mind about. I am very happy that I took the course and passed. I am not very much of a cook but now maybe I won't think of cooking as of much of a chore any more. Maybe adding some spices to greens will get my husband to eat more

By Bochkareva O

Feb 25, 2020

Прослушав этот курс, мне стало понятнее как лучше всего подходить к вопросам питания. Понравилась мысль, что если брокколи находится в упаковке, то оно уже обработано, раньше этому не предавала особого значения. Мысль разумного потребления идёт не тезисно с первого видео, а материал последовательно подводит к этому. Спасибо за просветительскую деятельность!

By Vanesssa C B

Jul 25, 2019

First of all, I thank you for allowing me to see this course, it has been really rewarding, I have learned a lot, and I have felt motivated to change certain eating habits and have you love to cook my own food. In addition, it allows me to continue researching with great enthusiasm the compounds of interest in food and their relationship to health benefit.

By Khelsea M

Jun 27, 2017

This course provided a great overview of nutrition and introductory tips to increase cooking in the home. Instructions/suggestions are simple and easily applied into daily routine. I would recommend this course to others and hope to share this information to increase awareness of healthy eating, overeating and shopping in relation to labels and products.

By Chase D

Jan 6, 2021

This course was very full of new information and really helped me in thinking about my dietary restrictions and how to make my meals taste even better! Having many food allergies and a medical condition that deals with gastrointestinal inflammation, I found this course to be eye opening to the ingredients lurking within seemingly harmless food products!

By Dimitra S

Dec 16, 2020

I loved this course! Enlightening information about food, food industry, food marketing made me think more when I shop for my future meals. There are a lot of graphics that helped me understand better some of the content. Also the views from experts shed light on some subjects I was unaware of. Thank you and looking forward to more courses from Ms Adam!

By Chunying L

Dec 24, 2020

This course is very helpful, as it introduces a lot of concepts on how to stay healthy by just eating the right type of diet, and it also helped me gain an excellent view on healthy lifestyles. It is also conversational, easy to take, I only spent one day to complete the course. I think the only problem with it is that it's a little short. I want more!

By Saskia J

Jul 27, 2020

This is such an interesting and useful course! The first week is a bit though, especially if you are not familiar with this field or any related field (still very interesting though) but the rest is much more easy and practical and like I said very useful! Food plays such an important role in life and it is also key to living a healthier longer life!

By Sebastian U

Dec 24, 2018

Throughout the videos I have watched, I enjoyed the amount of rich information I was able to obtain and expressed in a manner that is easy to understand. I as the student was able to learn the different ways of evaluating food in people everyday lives and how to properly manage the amount of food intake and the do's and don'ts for everyday nutrition.

By MUHAMMAD F A

Feb 25, 2020

Excellent course very useful and will help in improving daily food cooking, presentation was good covering all necessary topics

Quiz questions was very informative, course time duration was precisely designed in weeks

Thanks to MD. Maya and Stanford team for providing good course which is very helpful and easy to understand and implement in daily life

By Paul I

Oct 9, 2019

Great lecture from a superb lecturer , It was a great experience to learn what consume into our system and how they affect of health . The most important the Lecturer is a certified chef ,I lean how to make simple and rich nutritious meal. I do recommend this course to everyone no matter your profession. A big thanks to Dr. Maya for a wonderful job.

By Gabriel S E H

Dec 6, 2016

Thank you for giving me this course. Thank you for giving me a great teacher. This course has to be one of the greatest courses I've ever been in. Like I said before, thank you. I hope you can be in my next course.

By leona h

May 12, 2016

Excellent course & instruction! I thought I knew it all regarding food and health (haha), but no, I did not. I learned so much valuable information and tools needed to rethink and assess how I shop for food, and my relationship with food. I will definitely recommend this course to my friends and family.

Thanks, Stanford. I really enjoy your courses!

By S. N

Dec 24, 2019

This course helped me with understading the benefits of home cooked food, especially if that's cooked on your own, and this course lets you understand the marketing strategies of big business supermarkets & the manufacturers of packaged foods who let you to buy their products by not specifying the real facts used to produce that particular product.

By Helaina H

Apr 9, 2018

Excellent! I loved the instructor, and the videos were very interesting and eye catching. I found myself paying very close attention because of that! I thought it was a very useful course, I learned that my current diet, although improved greatly, would be best optimized by more home cooking. Really very engaging. I had a lot of fun. Thank you! :)

By Jacqueline M

Great information and lots of 'food for thought' about how we consume food. I am a fitness coach so I really like the info that I can pass on to my clients, especially the running theme of eating whole foods and having a better food experience. I would love if there was a more in depth follow up course about nutrition. Thank you very much!

By dianne o

Mar 9, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of good information on how to start a lifestyle of healthy eating. The videos were short, well paced and easy to follow. The instructor Maya was very pleasant to listen to and had a very good grasp of the subject matter. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to her as well as to Michael Pollan. Thank you

By CHANDANA K

Jun 30, 2020

It was a great opportunity to learn about the dietary aspects which stand more important in everybodies life, to have a successful survival journey. Knowing about the nutritional value and shopping needs and maintaining a proper diet is most needed to lead the healthy life ....I am very greatful about being the part of the session

Thankyou....