Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NF
Dec 5, 2020

Foods and us have a relationship, and this course defines that relationship. Personally, this course provides positive experience for me in regards of food, meal preparation, and eating in moderation.

AE
Jun 21, 2018

351 - 375 of 5,452 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Andrea B

Jan 24, 2016

It's a really good introduction to food and health in our daily lives. It would be great to continue by understanding how we can solve a lot of health issues. The Dr. Kousmine succeeded through her researches to fight against the cancer and other diseases. Thanks again Maya for your great courses.

By Maxim V

Sep 24, 2020

It is really a great introduction to healthy food. As a result, I got some remarkably valuable information about what kind of food a must take into consideration if I want to stay healthy. Moreover, it inspired me to do some steps forward preparing some more complicated meals than just an omelet.

By Sherwin F

May 13, 2020

This Course teaches the Fundamentals for living a healthy lifestyle with healthy diets which tastes better than processed foods. It makes us more confident in selecting & cooking the right foods which helps us not to depend on the food industry to provide us with fast foods which are unhealthy!

By Myriam V S A

Jan 9, 2019

Excelente conocer el proceso de la alimentación y la manera en cómo incide en el bienestar y salud de las personas. Realmente muy útil para aprender la mejor manera de alimentarse sin perjudicar la salud y aprender lo divertido que puede ser participar en la preparación de tus propios alimentos.

By Kateryna B

Dec 31, 2017

Very useful course for those, starting their way on responsible nutrition. I particularly liked recipes at the end of the course, brief and important information gathered and practical advises on shopping and reading labels. Thank you, Maya, and all the team, involved in this course preparation.

By Tia W R

Sep 22, 2020

I did not expect to learn so much in tgis course my expectation was on my wildest dream. now I learn how to cook a better meal and how to eat properly to maintain my I eating habit. The good Thing about the Course is that I taught me So much and what to look for In labels and my Servant size

By Odejide J

Feb 24, 2016

I really enjoyed this course and would encourage people the world over to really listen to the truth in this course. Beyond food , I've learnt a whole lot more and I believe this would help individuals, coporate societies and communities make informed choices about this important sphere of life

By divya v

Sep 29, 2020

hi i am vyshnavi and i am 13 years.i really love this course because it was fun and gave me a lot of information and advice which i didn't know.

i want to tell Maya that her course was the best from all i have attended in corsera and i am even doing child nutrition course which is even hers.

By Daria P

May 5, 2020

It's was such a great experience! Very interesting, informative and helpful information is given on this course. Spent only one day to start and finish it and feel very excited to expend my knowledge in this area. Recommend this to everyone because everyone should know this basic information!

By Harshil

Apr 23, 2020

Thank You respected Instructor and Team for this course. The course inspired in making healthy changes in modern day lifestyle. The pattern of learning step by step basic essentials in Food Habits and Healthy eating is creditable. Will surely follow the process and help people in surrounding.

By Vendula S

Jan 21, 2020

Really good course specially for those who are trying to get into healthy eating and are beginers. Very simple (in a good way), informative. Shows that eating healthy is not hard or anything we should overthink, just stick with basics, eat mindfully and eat real food and you will do great! :)

By L. M

Dec 28, 2019

A great introduction to the study of healthy foods for those who have absolutely no knowledge. A glaring observation is that those who are most likely to benefit from a course like this are not likely to have a lot of expendable income. Perhaps some more info on cost-effective food choices.

By Joel C

Oct 23, 2020

If you know very little about nutrition before taking this course, this course will clear the confusion 100% between what's fact and mostly misinformation spread all over the Internet and ads to get your hard earned dollar. Food manufacturers do not care about your health only your money.

By Parimal V K

Jun 6, 2020

I enjoyed all the sessions, it was very interesting. All sessions were excellent and knowledgable. Maya, you covered it very well. The main interesting part was Week 5, I liked all the recipes which were made by Maya. I liked your style of working in the kitchen. Thank you very much, Maya.

By Cassie P

Nov 20, 2017

This course provides both a fundamental understanding of the basic principles of nutrition as well as general, easy-to-work-with philosophies and rules of thumb to make implementing a healthier diet doable. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about nutrition.

By Annigje F

Jan 28, 2016

I liked this information, but I wouldn't call it a 'course'.

I'm a certified PT and I benefit from the information, but many books have been written about the subjects as well.

I, personally, loved the information given, as it gave me a touch-up on my knowledge and tips to give to my clients.

By Bhawna K

Oct 3, 2020

I felt grateful the way the course was delivered. Provision of notes n the classes were commendable. Coursera is a reliable and a great platform to uplift knowledge and build career in the suitable streams.Special thanks to Stanford University n MAYA ADAM Mam for delivering the lectures😇

By Heather M R

Jul 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course because i'm a short order cook and i cook usually when i get home for my sick husband. We both are trying to eat healthier and i get to teach him about portion sizes. I plan on taking what i learn to my job! Thank you so much and i plan on taking more courses!

By Omkarr D H

Dec 25, 2018

this is a wonderful start to know the science of the food we eat. this not only opens your eyes to the facts commercialism has hidden us from but also allows us to be more aware, as to what 'food' really is and what is not. I highly recommend it to all in every walks of life and all ages.

By Kevin H

Oct 30, 2016

I didn't come away from this course with a ton of technical knowledge or a complete understanding of nutrition, but I'm pretty sure the point of this course was to teach a simple set of guidelines to eat healthier and navigate today's environment regarding food. And it did that just fine.

By Ashley-Lynn

May 5, 2016

Fun, quick and easy course that had useful information for beginners and those with more experience alike. Don't expect to learn a lot about the physiology and chemical science of food, but has some great useful information for anyone looking to make healthier choices in their everyday li

By Raffaello B

Jul 3, 2020

This course give an important and exhaustive panoramic in the world of food. A world who is too much influenced by media and bad habits. As an healthcare professional, it's very important to give right advices to my patients, expecially for what concerns dismetabolic syndrome prevention.

By Wendi J S M

Oct 18, 2020

I really liked the course, it helped me a lot to improve the nutritional health of my family and above all it is very interesting to learn about the correct way to eat. I hope to continue with these courses that are very useful in people's lives, thank you very much for the opportunity.

By IFY I

Apr 1, 2018

Very very good course. The contents are so easy to understand and I like the fact that you are texted on your learning. Dr.MAya really knows her stuff and I enjoyed the course really well, as it was very clear, no systems or audio problems. Thank you for making this course this great.

By Tadahiro Y

Dec 12, 2016

The teacher`s pronunciation is really clear and easy to follow.And the movie makes me really relaxed and motivated me to the healthier life.This course is useful to change your view to foods.

After this lesson,I became to avoid fast food restaurants and try to eat vegetables and fruits.