Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

376 - 400 of 4,411 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Smirnova Y A

Dec 01, 2019

I am very grateful for this course! I have a lot of knowledge about the benefits of homemade food, how to eat, how to choose products. I now know that home-cooked food is much healthier. I'm glad I'm increasing my health. Thank you very much!! Low bow!

By Filiz Z S

Sep 21, 2017

I LOVED this course. Maya, you and your children are great. I loved them. I even watched cooking vdos with my mother having fun. Please kiss the children for me... I love the recipes and will try them as soon as possible. lotsa loves from Turkey, Filiz

By Julia S

Oct 25, 2016

I loved this class! It was so interesting and a great overview of food and nutrition. I especially enjoyed watching the videos and having the recipes at the end. I am so excited to incorporate the information I gained into my cooking and everyday life!

By Isabella M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent approach to healthy eating. Making it simple, not talking about biochemystry, but focusing in real food and homemade cooking. Thanks a lot Maya and Michael! I will give this simple yet powerfull recommendations to my patients and loved ones.

By Endri H

May 31, 2016

What a wonderful introduction to food and health, simplified so well! I thoroughly enjoyed this course, as it presents the information with clear examples and helps us become more informed consumers for our own, as well as the environment's, benefits.

By Tori C

Jan 21, 2020

This course is giving me incredible insight and understanding of food habits, how to eat well, and a bit of the food politics of why we have the relationship we have with our food.

I absolutely am enjoying it. It is very well organized and digestible.

By Viktoriya M

Feb 03, 2017

Very nice course for introduction to food nutrition. The material was pleasant and easy to follow. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a better understanding of what they are eating and what can be done to have better and healthier diet.

By Nicole P V

Jun 28, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, ME HA DADO UNA PERSPECTIVA MÁS AMPLIA DE LAS DIETAS, LAS COMIDAS SALUDABLES Y LAS COMPRAS EN LOS SUPERMERCADOS, DEFINITIVAMENTE ESTE CURSO POSIBILITA LAS OPCIONES DE UN NUEVO ESTILO DE VIDA, HÁBITOS SIMPLES Y CONSCIENCIA DE CONSUMO.

By Yamilette P A

Mar 18, 2020

Realmente un curso muy educativo , muy completo para despertar la conciencia a la sana alimentación.

El conocimiento adquirido me ha resultado de mu ho enriquecimiento familiar. Mi familia y yo disfrutamos mucho de lo que se cocina en casa.

Gracias

By Adarsh S

Mar 06, 2019

Super helpful and informative, without being complicated. I feel each and every one of us should have this basic knowledge about the food we eat, and I'm so grateful to the creators of this course for spending the time and effort to put this online.

By Briana L

Jun 26, 2017

This course was very basic but very helpful. This is really good information to teach in youth high school classes, parenting classes, and general food & health classes. Very easy to understand with reasons why to change your diet and how to do so.

By Brook M

Jan 29, 2016

This course was short, easy to understand, and provides excellent information. I enjoyed it. This might not be new information to some, but I liked this format and think it will appeal to people who like straight-forward talk about food and health.

By Gustavo M P A

May 03, 2020

Excelente curso, sencillo de comprender pero los conocimientos que uno adquiere son sumamente utiles para la buena salud y alimentacion diaria , obtuve consejos muy utiles para corregir errores que tenia en mi alimentacion, altamente recomentable.

By Tamara R

Apr 20, 2020

I am really satisfied with this course! Teachers made this course very helpful and interesting and I have enjoyed every second of it. Also, this whole course had huge impact on my way of thinking and I am really grateful that you made this course.

By Lam S K

Apr 10, 2019

This is a very professional course that allows me to understand how to counsel people with uncoordinated diets and patients with diseases. For example, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular obstruction. this can all be conditioned by diet.

By Joshua S W B

Jun 22, 2017

Was a lot better and simpler than I expected. Gives you real-life, easy to follow pointers that can really change for the better the way you eat, instead of complicated discussions about carbohydrates, proteins, etc. I really enjoyed it. Thanks :)

By CHETTI D P

Sep 13, 2019

nice course after completion of this course you will better to know how the home based food is diff from processed food and what are the causes and draw backs of processed food and after completion of course there will be a cooking workshop also

By Joseph S

Jun 28, 2018

Maya was a great instructor! Her material was very well-organized and succinctly communicated. She was able to clear up some of the confusion brought on by all of the health gimmicks that are out there in the market today. Thank you so much Maya!

By Alina H

Oct 03, 2017

This course is very interesting and useful for everyone who wants to know more about health diet. If you would like to improve your daily nutrition but don't know how to start this course will lead you to wellbeing in everyday life by easy steps.

By L G

Mar 01, 2020

I am really happy about doing this course as i gained lots of knowledge about food & health. Got the opportunity to identify the bad food habits and now when i am shopping i really care about the facts i got to know from this course. Thank you.

By Mustafa Z

Jan 13, 2020

This a wonderful time i had in studying this course as it offered me a lot of motivation with a spice of Information as well as knowledge with it to lead the next generation with full health fringe benefits to their basic dietary needs.

Thanks,

By Kaili C

Apr 14, 2020

This course is quite simple and enjoyable, introduce the basic information of nutrition and simple skills to identity it on the label, highly recommended to all the people, we all need to concern about our health and what we eat in daily life.

By Harine S

It was a wonderful course. After completing the course it made us a feel of cooking nutritious recipes using simple methods of cooking. It was interesting to learn more about the metabolism of nutrients and its importance for human well-being

By Valli d l G

Jun 02, 2016

Very easy to understand, and gives you the most important aspects of nutrition. The focus of the course is for the student to understand how to make a balanced diet part of their lifestyle, and not rely on fad diets for short periods of time.

By Peter Z

Feb 10, 2020

Although it's a short course compared with those with programming homework, it teaches me a lot about how to build a healthy habit, which is quite important for everyone. Besides, each video is very attractive and each test is designed well.