Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

GG
Oct 7, 2021

this course changed my view on healthy eating and also instilled healthy cooking habits in me! I absolutely oved the simple , delicious and healthy recipes! definitely trying them out ! Thank you Maya

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

376 - 400 of 6,635 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By jagdish s

Mar 9, 2021

The contents and the way of teaching with practical examples by Maya is excellent. Nutrition and its components calories and nutrients is explained nicely. Maya had given the course a deep learning way by inducting the friendly home environment which reflects the sincerity, utmost interest and the workshops.

By marie t

Apr 11, 2020

This was a really good, clear and concise introduction to food and health. I thought the information was presented well and in a manner that was not overbearing or fanatical but rather, honest and achievable. I would recommend this course to those who need inspiration for creating a healthy lifestyle change.

By Rafael A

Mar 9, 2016

The course is great for beginners in nutrition, it helps dissolve a lot of the misinformation in the food industry today and can help change our eating habits with some helpful tips and lessons. A follow-up course would be needed to really expand and touch upon the many subjects this course introduces us to.

By ankur p

Dec 24, 2018

This course really introduces the basics of food & health in a very simple yet effective manner. Great thing is, it goes in to details which are necessary without making it too technical. It also covers a little bit of history, basically as a introductory course which is adds value to the overall knowledge.

By Aditya h

Jun 12, 2016

Fantastic content!. Prof Maya condenses healthy eating into concrete and simple item sets -

1.What food items to eat and what to avoid

2. Where to find them in the Supermarket, how to read the nutrition labels on packaged food

3. Healthy cooking with minimal ingredients

4. Awesome recipes for healthy dishes

By Sofia P B

Aug 16, 2021

I actually enjoyed watching the short videos in this course. I finished it within a week, because it is not too hard. It is like an appreciation course about food and health food choices. However, as a graduate of food science, I don't like the part where they slightly portray processed foods as bad foods.

By Amel

Jul 25, 2021

From this course I got a lot of new knowledge, starting from where we do a healthy diet, how to choose foods that are suitable for diet, processing food properly, the importance of cooking food at home instead of having to buy fast food out there, healthy types of food for we consume to improve our health

By Валерия А

Jun 30, 2021

С​амое главное достоинство этого курса – его простота. После прослушивания курса не появляется паники формата "я все делаю неправильно". Появляется понимание, какие полезные привычки можно внедрить в свою жизнь. Курс понравился, активно рекомендую знакомым, помешанным на диетах и новых модных ограничениях.

By maria i i

Aug 16, 2017

I thought everything about this course was important. With so many new trends, diets, books, "research" theories, etc; its very good to learn what actually matters. I would recommend this to every single person I know that is not completely sure if they're eating the "right way" that supports their health.

By Sarah W

Mar 12, 2017

This quick course helped me FINALLY understand the importance of nutrient-rich foods and how they are used in the body. It repeats a lot of information I've heard throughout my life, but explains the WHY behind it. I feel confident to make much better decisions about my food and, therefore, overall health.

By Joyce C

Jan 12, 2021

I certainly learned a lot in this course. Congratulations to Dr. Adam and the staff! It was a very simple way of educating those who are at a loss on the practical aspects of healthy eating. I definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to improve their diet. Thank you for offering this for free!

By Sherrye B

Oct 19, 2020

Maya does an excellent job of explaining food nutrition and how I can have a healthier lifestyle. I especially like the fact that she gave me take-away recipes and showed step-by-step videos of their preparation. I tried several new things and they proved to not only be simple and healthful but delicious!

By Abigail R

Jan 23, 2018

It's a great course! I've learned a lot about healthy eating and I have been inspired to eat better. Eating healthy is hard, in my opinion, because unhealthy food is all around you, is cheaper, and looks very appealing. However, in this course, she made eating healthy look appealing and not too expensive.

By Angélica S

Apr 1, 2016

I recommend widely this course, it reaches very important information about our western diet and how can we improve it to a healthy diet. As a Physician I got important tips for my patients, most of them have metabolic syndrom; and obviously I want to apply this information to me and to my family health.

By Кривушкина В Ю

Jan 31, 2020

Great course! Very clear, easily accessible presentation of information from the point of view of the science, of medicine and life examples. Interesting interviews, a beautiful video. Thank you for this course Stanford and Coursera! Definitely recommend it, as for profession and also for self education.

By Steve R

Nov 28, 2019

Excellently prepared and presented course. Maya is superbly knowledgeable and talented as a presenter of this valuable information. We cook at home on a regular basis, so we are in control of what we eat. Now we have the knowledge of what to consider in choosing our menus and ingredients. Thank you Maya.

By Andrea B

Nov 30, 2016

This was a fantastic introduction, as the food suggests. The commitment is very minimal, and the quizes are very fair, and help to reaffirm and commit to memory what you just learned. I completed the whole course in a few short days! Will definitely be taking other courses by this instructor if possible.

By Santiago M

Aug 25, 2021

Thank you very much for this introduction, i am sure it will help me a lot, i truely recommend it, its very well explained and i can tell it has been made with good intentions for everyone who takes the course. Taking care of each other is one of the basis to grow as human beings and this is an example.

By Marcela K

May 31, 2016

I loved it! The format was excellent, the information was well presented -and useful- and I really liked that the recipes at the end were actually taught, and then we could have the printed version.

The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed too short :-)

I look forward to the next class!

Marcela

By Tasos

Jun 6, 2020

As the course says, it's an introduction to healthy habits for your nutrition and it really fulfills this. The course gave me a basic but really helpful knowledge and made me change my food habits. I have now a much healthier nutrition and I can see the results in the way that my body works and feels.

By Jiayu G

Apr 20, 2020

It took choices of food under the spot, and brought several new questions about food which otherwise I may never pay attention to. What's more, it provides practical formula for adjusting your diet gradually. One of the best inspirations is the idea of socialized eating habit and experience of eating.

By Michelle A

Aug 31, 2020

Thank you, it was a very interested course I loved it ,and I can relate to Maya and her cooking in terms of the gluten free. My husband is also gluten intolerant , where I am from the gluten free stuff are very expensive, but I manage to bake bread, cake,and cookies for him. So once again thank you.

By GIDGET P

Nov 13, 2019

This course was insightful and not overwhelming. I was able to take in the information sans the stress of complicated reading and unreasonable deadlines. Such simple food and wellness recommendations that give the student a positive outlook at achieving best practices in food education. Thank You!

By Sara P

Jul 8, 2020

It was really fascinating to learn that our daily food intake and the type of food we eat can make such a vast difference in our health and just a small change in our diet can lead the way to a healthy lifestyle.

This course was really helpful in learning or just exploring more about food in general.

By Maria L T

Jun 6, 2020

Muy interesante curso, da una visión sobre la importancia de los diferentes alimentos, grasas, azucares y sobre las etiquetas, nutrientes etc. Uno queda muy entusiasmada de comer mas verduras y frutas.

Ademas enseñan diferentes recetas de platos sanos y nutritivos,

Muchas gracias