Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

376 - 400 of 3,966 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Sumit S B

Nov 20, 2019

this course was very informative and created an awareness about food we consume daily. This course helped me to learn how a healthy diet helps us to keep away from from diseases like diabetes, heart attacks gastro and intestine problems.

By Onpriya P

Jun 22, 2019

The course gave me the basic of the food industry and also gave me the knowledge of what component is needed to maintain a healthy diet. I love it that I can do it on my own pace, whenever and wherever. Perfect for upskilling for anyone.

By Goresh K

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent and genuine course. I am yet to learn a lot in health but this course provided me with a sound platform to make a start in such a vast field of food and health. Content given during the course is practical and amazingly simple.

By Kumari U

Mar 27, 2017

I just loved doing this course ! It helped me to have a healthy plate on my dinning table . I would recommend all to this course . The contents of this course were simple and easy to understand through which I was able to gain interest .

By Adele

Feb 15, 2016

Great information that is presented in short segments that highlight that topic. Very basic but good information that is a great refresher and good introduction to learning to eat healthier. Excellent presentation and enjoyable format.

By Karthikeyan M

Jul 23, 2019

It was very helpful for me by providing the basic and detailed information about the food and its various types and its health effects . I am glad i enrolled for this course, as I am equipped with some knowledge about Food and health.

By Yun D

Feb 24, 2018

This is a wonderful course to guide us to a health life. In the course, it gives some examples and tips to make the food that be health. It also introduce the basic knowledge to identify which food is health or not. I am well learned.

By Nicole S

Apr 03, 2018

This course was simple and easy to follow and understand. It was a perfect explanation of food and health and how we should approach food in our daily lives. Highly recommended for anyone who just wants a better understanding of food.

By Emilia I C L

Aug 05, 2016

Enjoyed it tons, really straight forward, easy to follow and common sense! Highly recommend it if you want to understand how your eating habits influence your health and how small changes can make big impact in your future well being.

By Asnate F

Apr 21, 2020

Thank you for this course. Although I had some basic knowledge of material we covered and I consider myself eating healthy, I still found this course stimulating and useful. I applaud to Professor Maya Adam for putting this together.

By Connie H

Apr 03, 2020

Practical application of the theory of nutrition in a daily living environment. The previous course Child Nutrition and Cooking had prepared me for the knowledge of macronutrients and micronutrients so taking this course was easier.

By Angela S

Feb 01, 2020

Much of this I already knew and will pass this information on to friends and family. I grew up on a farm. Anyway, is there a course on foods that addresses substance abuse and what is good or bad for an alcoholic, heroin users, etc.?

By Collins N

Dec 11, 2019

Very interesting and easy to digest. I feel like I've walked away from this course with tangible knowledge I can apply to my life. I just wish the recipes in the last week had alternatives for the less wealthy individual like myself.

By Diyora P K

May 05, 2020

Not actually a 'course' but a short series of very basic self-help videos with distracting background music throughout. 3 stars because it's a nice public service by Stanford but I personally was expecting a university-level course.

By Екатерина Р

Feb 07, 2020

i am grateful for this course and i learned and saved a lot of useful information for me about coocking and consuming the food. Also the most important think that i have now - it's right mind for meal and consuming. Thank you a lot!

By Sivanath S

Oct 26, 2017

This Course made my day. Helped me to understand basic facts about nutrients and its types , tips to follow in 20th century for having a healthy life, importance of avoiding junk foods & reducing the intake of unnecessary calories.

By Shireen H

Sep 24, 2017

Awesome introductory course.. Very exciting and rich in useful information for our everyday life. I personally learnt a lot and made many changes to my family's life.

The recipes at the end are a cherry on top!

Thank you Doctor Maya!

By Andrew D

Feb 17, 2016

Great class for anybody interested in how to get away from the western diet that is doing so much harm to people that eat it. Well-produced and thorough introduction to the causes of and solutions to the obesity epidemic in the US.

By Omobolanle D A

Apr 26, 2019

This is a really nice course: the videos are bright, colourful and engaging, the instructors speak in relatable language and their concern for better food choices is noticeable.

The recipes and videos at the end are an added plus.

By Shaimaa S A

Jul 06, 2018

A very nice course that help us understand the simple basics of preparing a healthy meal, replacing the unhealthy eating habits with healthier ones and comparing the processed food products to determine the best choice. Thank you♥

By María C G C

Mar 05, 2018

La forma en la que se transmite la información es clara y cautivadora. En realidad cuestiona los hábitos que quizás no son buenos y alienta una manera sana de continuar viviendo.

Les agradezco, me siento feliz de haberlo realizado.

By Jeanine D

Sep 08, 2017

It was a bit basic for me since I have read all the books recommended and watched the documentaries, among other things. However, I found the course very well done and fun to watch. Will recommend to all my colleagues and friends.

By Mariana M C

Jan 25, 2016

I love this course!! It helped me a lot! We are using all the information given and applying it in our kitchen. It would be great to have more courses like this.

We´re creating new habits in our family. Thank you Maya for sharing.

By Maria E M

Apr 24, 2020

Me encanto la experiencia y la dinámica a pesar que uno sabe ciertas cosas, ha sido bastante ilustrativo y enriquecedor. Maya es muy dulce y explica super pausada y claramente. Lo disfruté muchísimo, ahora a aplicar lo aprendido!

By Joel K

Jul 16, 2019

Very informative, engaging, easy to follow and gives practical advice and inspiration to improve life. I certainly feel much more inspired and equipped to cook more, maintain a healthier diet and enjoy the benefits it will being.