Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

326 - 350 of 3,092 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Antonella N

May 08, 2017

I thought the information was informative, basic yet necessary. For anyone just getting into health and needs some fundamental tips, this course is a great one. The instructor is clear and easy to learn from. Great Course!

By Emily N

Jan 15, 2017

This course is wonderful! Maya is a elegant lady, I like her a lot! I took her other course, too! The recipes she gave are so easy to practise! Will always love her and use all the wonderful tips in life, in everyday meal!

By Annette Q M

Sep 14, 2016

This course was enjoyable and I learned a lot about eating healthier. It made me look at food differently, and gave me hope that I can choose foods that are delicious and healthier for my family. Thank you so very much!!

By Macala W

Oct 27, 2019

Great overview of the current state of the American diet. I'd recommend it for food writers, health coaches and anyone who wants to start understanding what we should eat and why so many people have challenges to do that.

By Anis K

Sep 02, 2017

I just could not stop! I simply started it, and a few hours later...completed!

Absolutely attractive, informative, comprehensive, captivating speech style, simple and fun..

And most importantly HONEST.

By Amanda M

Dec 19, 2019

This is a great course with information that was easy to understand and absorb. This course is great for people who want to start learning more about nutrition or learn ways they can improve their diet and food choices.

By Sonia N V G

Jul 18, 2019

It is a very basic course but it includes integrative medicine and wellbeing concepts. This allows students to obtain a holistic view of nutrition and how a health professional can impact on a social and personal level.

By Muhammad

Jul 05, 2018

One of best decision i have ever made to do a course online about food which we ignore the most.I have got at-least the basic knowledge of how to adopt healthy lifestyle and as being healthy is connected to being happy.

By maria s

Apr 14, 2018

this was such a great experience. my whole life changed after i took this course. i even lost some weight. and was able to help other people to change theirs habits, thank you so much to the instructor, she is the best.

By Ioanna A K

Jul 04, 2019

This course gives all the important information to understand how important home cooked food is, in an easy and understandable way. This is very supportive to all of us that we want to have a healthier diet. Thank you!

By Teresa S Y T

May 25, 2016

Great introduction for food and nutrition for adults! It may be too basic for some of us aka those who are in health and fitness field, but it is super useful for layman. I am going to get my helper to study this also.

By Rebeca C

Feb 04, 2016

I really loved the course and found it to be incredibly useful and well taught.

It was so well explained that I would like to have even more info about Food and Health.

Please continue to have courses like this.

thanks.

By Manikantan C

Apr 05, 2018

The information has been presented well. It could be beneficial to add additional information as add-on to the course which could be interesting to people who would like to understand more details about the nutrients

By Rafsanjani M

Oct 03, 2017

I will miss Maya Adam Mam and her lovely presentations, the course is very handful, thanks coursera, for linked up with such amazing teachers with us, which would never be possible without you (Coursera) actually ...

By DANTE V C

Apr 01, 2019

Un curso facil de entender y que te da las herramientas para empezar a comer correctamente, sin trucos faciles o recetas magicas sino solamente la verdad para la salud de todos. Felicidades y gracias por este curso.

By Michelle D

Jul 01, 2016

Fantastic information. I am a nurse and a lot has changed since I took nutrition. Great easy class if you are looking to update yourself or wanting to eat healtier. This is not about a diet, it's about nutrition.

By Tamara S

Feb 05, 2016

Very straight forward course with essential information that is potentially life-changing and enlightening. I loved this course which has given me new understanding of foods and their value for myself and my family.

By Md. A R

Sep 03, 2019

Thanks Maya Adams and the teacher whose have organized and design the course ,This course has help me to understand many thing like family tie and love for cooking,nutrient value of food ,I am Thankful to the team!

By mariana p m c

Mar 04, 2018

Great course, I really liked the content of it. It could use though more interactive and dynamic ways to teach, but it's still good since the videos are not very long and are easy to understand, so it's not tiring.

By Emiliano S

Jun 18, 2017

Es un curso con mucha información útil y necesaria para comer sanamente, además esta muy bien explicada y es fácil de entender. El nivel de inglés es muy bajo por lo que no cuesta mucho trabajo entender los videos.

By Daria N

Jan 29, 2016

Thank you for this beautifully simple, easy to follow, well-structured framework for a healthy diet. Maya, your courses are my source of inspiration to be a healthier person, a better mom, and a happier individual.

By Pierre R

Mar 23, 2016

Great course on nutrition.

It highlights the key concepts and gives a good knowledge of the food industry. It also enables us to understand the major problems related to food & health as well as how to tackle them.

By Sicelo

Mar 16, 2019

This course was really helpful I learnt a lot from it, more especially that the size of a plate matters and also that half of a plate must be filled with vegetables instead of starch (what most people usually do)

By María A R P

Feb 24, 2019

I liked the course and particularly the way Maya resumes the information in the blackboard. I could only say that the last part of the course were only recepies, and was hopping to learn more things on nutrition.

Aug 22, 2017

Teaches one the goal on how to be and stay healthy. This course goes over key facts on what needs to change in one's diet and what to actually do when it comes to choosing the right foods and right portion sizes.