Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

276 - 300 of 4,914 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Kyle H

May 07, 2020

For a beginner in nutrition this course is great! Everyone should know what they are eating, just like they should know what their health is telling them, since food can be directly tied to your health. Great beginners course, great guest, great instructor, great school, and great information. Cannot complain!

By Tamar J

Apr 07, 2019

I had very basic knowledge about food and nutrition. I hate cooking at home and think that it isn't worth spending time on... But after this course I think I revise my findings and try to eat more healthy and cook at home. I have many questions, this is basic course and recommended for starters in this field:)

By Adalis F

Jan 20, 2018

Wonderfull done, the explanation by MD Maya Adam and the observations of Tim Dang are fantastique: claire and very well ilustreted, It is so interesting to learn better how, when, where, and what to eat , if you have a general idea, with this training you will be more accure that you eat healthier and better.

By niky L

Nov 27, 2016

I'm a student form China exactly. I thought it may be difficult for me to learn in English originally, but illustrated with the lively and vivid cartoon, the course is more efficient and thorough to understand. Anyway, thanks all who provide such a exquisite and meaningful course for us to learn about. Thanks.

By Maria I V

Jan 20, 2016

I really enjoy the course. I learn a lot of things about food that i didn't know.

On the other hand I realized I was wrong about the amount of food we eat , the portions and the way of thinking about food.

It's a very interesting course, the material is very clear. I enjoyed very much!!!

Greetings from Colombia

By JHEZICA A B

May 03, 2020

Es un curso básico pero muy completo, un viaje introductorio con tips esenciales para mejorar estilos de vida y aproximarnos a opciones más saludables. Me reconforta saber que voy por buen camino en mi relación con loa alimentos sin caer en compras potenciales de alimentos orgánicos y que cuestan mas dinero.

By Meghan E

Apr 21, 2020

Maya's videos at the end were a great way to reinforce the idea that WE are in charge of what food goes into our bodies. And also, the foods don't need to be super glamorous or fancy, tasty and nutritious do not have to be opposites! Great introductory course to learning about how to fuel our bodies. Thanks!!

By Derek J B

Sep 12, 2017

Just what I needed to take better control of my relationship with food and what I put in my body. I walked away with a basic understanding of nutrition and am more empowered than ever to cook. It's true, we make cooking out to be an arduous task but in reality it's fun, rewarding, and it can be pretty simple.

By marie t

Apr 11, 2020

This was a really good, clear and concise introduction to food and health. I thought the information was presented well and in a manner that was not overbearing or fanatical but rather, honest and achievable. I would recommend this course to those who need inspiration for creating a healthy lifestyle change.

By Rafael A

Mar 09, 2016

The course is great for beginners in nutrition, it helps dissolve a lot of the misinformation in the food industry today and can help change our eating habits with some helpful tips and lessons. A follow-up course would be needed to really expand and touch upon the many subjects this course introduces us to.

By ankur p

Dec 24, 2018

This course really introduces the basics of food & health in a very simple yet effective manner. Great thing is, it goes in to details which are necessary without making it too technical. It also covers a little bit of history, basically as a introductory course which is adds value to the overall knowledge.

By Aditya h

Jun 12, 2016

Fantastic content!. Prof Maya condenses healthy eating into concrete and simple item sets -

1.What food items to eat and what to avoid

2. Where to find them in the Supermarket, how to read the nutrition labels on packaged food

3. Healthy cooking with minimal ingredients

4. Awesome recipes for healthy dishes

By maria i i

Aug 16, 2017

I thought everything about this course was important. With so many new trends, diets, books, "research" theories, etc; its very good to learn what actually matters. I would recommend this to every single person I know that is not completely sure if they're eating the "right way" that supports their health.

By Sarah W

Mar 12, 2017

This quick course helped me FINALLY understand the importance of nutrient-rich foods and how they are used in the body. It repeats a lot of information I've heard throughout my life, but explains the WHY behind it. I feel confident to make much better decisions about my food and, therefore, overall health.

By Abigail R

Jan 23, 2018

It's a great course! I've learned a lot about healthy eating and I have been inspired to eat better. Eating healthy is hard, in my opinion, because unhealthy food is all around you, is cheaper, and looks very appealing. However, in this course, she made eating healthy look appealing and not too expensive.

By Angélica S

Apr 01, 2016

I recommend widely this course, it reaches very important information about our western diet and how can we improve it to a healthy diet. As a Physician I got important tips for my patients, most of them have metabolic syndrom; and obviously I want to apply this information to me and to my family health.

By Кривушкина В Ю

Jan 31, 2020

Great course! Very clear, easily accessible presentation of information from the point of view of the science, of medicine and life examples. Interesting interviews, a beautiful video. Thank you for this course Stanford and Coursera! Definitely recommend it, as for profession and also for self education.

By Steve R

Nov 28, 2019

Excellently prepared and presented course. Maya is superbly knowledgeable and talented as a presenter of this valuable information. We cook at home on a regular basis, so we are in control of what we eat. Now we have the knowledge of what to consider in choosing our menus and ingredients. Thank you Maya.

By Andrea B

Dec 01, 2016

This was a fantastic introduction, as the food suggests. The commitment is very minimal, and the quizes are very fair, and help to reaffirm and commit to memory what you just learned. I completed the whole course in a few short days! Will definitely be taking other courses by this instructor if possible.

By Marcela K

May 31, 2016

I loved it! The format was excellent, the information was well presented -and useful- and I really liked that the recipes at the end were actually taught, and then we could have the printed version.

The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed too short :-)

I look forward to the next class!

Marcela

By Chatzieleftheriadis A

Jun 06, 2020

As the course says, it's an introduction to healthy habits for your nutrition and it really fulfills this. The course gave me a basic but really helpful knowledge and made me change my food habits. I have now a much healthier nutrition and I can see the results in the way that my body works and feels.

By Jiayu G

Apr 21, 2020

It took choices of food under the spot, and brought several new questions about food which otherwise I may never pay attention to. What's more, it provides practical formula for adjusting your diet gradually. One of the best inspirations is the idea of socialized eating habit and experience of eating.

By Michelle A

Sep 01, 2020

Thank you, it was a very interested course I loved it ,and I can relate to Maya and her cooking in terms of the gluten free. My husband is also gluten intolerant , where I am from the gluten free stuff are very expensive, but I manage to bake bread, cake,and cookies for him. So once again thank you.

By GIDGET P

Nov 13, 2019

This course was insightful and not overwhelming. I was able to take in the information sans the stress of complicated reading and unreasonable deadlines. Such simple food and wellness recommendations that give the student a positive outlook at achieving best practices in food education. Thank You!

By Sara P

Jul 08, 2020

It was really fascinating to learn that our daily food intake and the type of food we eat can make such a vast difference in our health and just a small change in our diet can lead the way to a healthy lifestyle.

This course was really helpful in learning or just exploring more about food in general.